Dbz live action movie confirmed and gets an August release date

Ck Nish said:
Well. I never watched Dragon ball, so this could be a plus.

Watch it, its better than Z in a lot of ways, like having some true intense martial arts instead of Ki blast rains with screams.

And the movie has Piccolo as villain, I don't know how they're gonna explain this,

*SPOILERS*

since Goku and Piccolo were enemies but had only 1 fight in 23rd Budokai Tourny in the final saga of DB, it wasn't much of a story, just Piccolo taking revenge for his father and trying to take over the world, and right after that it leads to Raditz coming to earth.

I have a feeling they'll leave Vegeta out for the second movie, the movie will have a heck of an ending...mark my words.

Also, glad to hear Chow is producing. All you guys, go watch Kung Fu Hustle and say if it doesn't remind you of DBZ in any way, to the part where there is a Master Roshi like old guy teaching the hero how to control his ki, and the ending fight was almost as if picked right from DBZ.

DB : The Movie will be awesome, no doubt.

Params7 said:
Watch it, its better than Z in a lot of ways, like having some true intense martial arts instead of Ki blast rains with screams.

agreed, and its comical as well:hap5:

F|0ccY's|0ccY said:
True, they stretched the fight between Goku and Freeza for way too long.

The story was nice, but they kinda ruined it with the pacing. I think the problem with this saga was that unlike the previous one that happens for over a year, this one lasts just a few months or so. So, the producers probably decided to drag it out so as to fill as many episodes as possible.

params said:

I shall make this my mission.

DB : The Movie will be awesome, no doubt.

I hope so. I too believe it would've been better in CGI.

Eh its too much to ask but Goku doesn't even resemble the anime character 1% at all. Looks a bit weird actually. Wonder if the anime fans will take it this way. Lets wait for the movie and see :)

and yeah, where is krillin and where is goku's tail and bah, i think i gave up on this movie already :p

Intial D movie is worst one i have ever seen :p

Actually I prefer them not looking exactly like their anime counter parts.

Eg. Piccolo looks nothing like what he does in the anime, hes not even green :p.

But, they have focused on the philosophical meaning of the story than just simple fighting and energy blasts.

F|0ccY said:
Actually I prefer them not looking exactly like their anime counter parts.

Eg. Piccolo looks nothing like what he does in the anime, hes not even green :p.

But, they have focused on the philosophical meaning of the story than just simple fighting and energy blasts.

yaar but tht wud change whole scenario of DBZ originality.....i mean then it wud b rather like makin another action movie based on the dbz story..and with some bang bang.....
transformers on the contrary was very much impressive....even on trailers and the movie as well....

we wer excited to see how would goku and other characters look like in a movie...atleast they cud hav given em some makeup:p...goku was never so serious except in fightin....it redefines his entity:(

How can you compare?Its much easier to make transformers look like their cartoon counter parts when their CGI characters.Transformers was made with a budget of 200 million dollars, Dragonball was made with a budget of 100 million and its the first of its kind.DBZ the cartoon set the bar so high that it won't be easy for the live action movie to match it.But I think they have done a good job with this movie.

FOX has confirmed sequels for the movie, so the story will continue.

WingZero said:
we wer excited to see how would goku and other characters look like in a movie...atleast they cud hav given em some makeup:p...goku was never so serious except in fightin....it redefines his entity:(

Exactly!!!! can't say better than this.

Lol..its just the trailer..how can you make such claims?Wait for the movie, this movie is also pretty funny especially with scenes with Master Roshi.The trailer just shows Goku in a few fight scenes and him holding the dragonball, obviously he wont be smiling or laughing during fights, well almost.

Back