Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
DeadSpace 2 - Discussion Thread

dgndeadspace2covertart0.jpg

Dead Space 2 is a survival horror game that takes place on a densely populated space station, dubbed the "Sprawl". The mental illness caused by the Marker appears to be permanent and continues to have an effect on the protagonist Isaac Clarke. The Church of Unitology and the government will continue to have a place in the storyline. The game will begin in a hospital on board the Sprawl. Players will witness the horror of the Necromorph infection as it begins in the station

Platform(s) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows
Release date(s) January 25, 2011
Genre(s) Survival horror, third-person shooter

The demo might be coming before 25th December awesome game at the start of the year, release Date 25th Jan 2011.

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

^Dinesh, please do not hotlink the image from the parent site. Use a free imagehost instead.

Desecrator said:
^Dinesh, please do not hotlink the image from the parent site. Use a free imagehost instead.
its from wikimedia. They don't have issues with hotlinks

stalker said:
its from wikimedia. They don't have issues with hotlinks
Certainly but someone can delete it from the servers and the image may not appear at all. Just like all those snaps which were uploaded onto imgx.org servers. It is always better to host the image so it may not be altered/deleted.

On topic, I had played Dead Space a couple of months back (thanks to stalker's reco.) and it was nothing short of awesome. It was one of the best scary titles I've played by far and the soundtracks courtesy Jason Graves was pure awesomeness. For those who missed out on the events that led to the game, watch the 75 min. animated movie: Dead Space: Downfall. Explains how the USG Ishimura was invaded by the necromorphs and transformed the human corpses.

I am waiting for this game very eagerly. Dead Space was the first survival horror game I played and was absolutely thrilled, scared and amazed by the game. Although, the scare factor was lost in second half where the game starts to get repetitive and a bit stretched.

I am glad that they are releasing it for PC too. Hoping that there are no major show stopping bugs in the PC version.

Curious: But was I the ONLY ONE who didnt like Deadspace? I mean First of all the weird lag like thing due to the 30fps limiter that was set. Also the hype about cut their limbs to get them killed thing. Also I just couldnt find the story interesting. The finale was undoubtedly the worst ever. If the octopus thing could climb up on the ship why didnt it just eat me rather than dangle there and play stupid games of try of kill me?
I did fix the lag issue by force turning of VSync but the story got me so bored that I ended up using a trainer to go God Mode and unlimited ammo n go Berserk. That time it was a little bit fun! :D

Ethan_Hunt said:
Were there game stopping bugs any in the first game?
No, but considering the fact that many PC games released now a days are riddled with some major bugs, it's safe to assume this one will also get one. ;)

The lag on mouse was frustrating so had to switch to Xbox 360 controller

sugat123 said:
No, but considering the fact that many PC games released now a days are riddled with some major bugs, it's safe to assume this one will also get one. ;)

Pssst....don't jinx it.

A good horror game but nowhere as frightening as Doom 3where I used to be scared going down a hall coz I knew those F^*king imps would lurch out and beat the crap outta me.

dinjo said:
The lag on mouse was frustrating so had to switch to Xbox 360 controller
LOL disable V.Sync like he has posted above. I ran into the same issue before. There isn't much of a screen tearing issue with the v.sync off.

Frankly speaking i will still prefer resident evil.After completing dead space i never felt like playing it again.

Back