Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

sugat123 said:
Oh!! I thought the game is not coming to PC. It's ok, PC guys can live without the demo as long as the game comes on time.
PC guys can live without everything, as long as the game ARRIVES on the PC platform. :p

Ethan_Hunt said:
PC guys can live without everything, as long as the game ARRIVES on the PC platform. :p
yeah :D. A game coming to PC has now a days become some sort of rare event which should be celebrated.

Let the Ships sail forever!

I was most disappointed when Valve announced HL2 for Consoles. :-( i felt sad tat day.

Ethan_Hunt said:
lol, as a pc gamer, i must agree with that statement. but ds's publisher is EA, and most EA games DO come out on PC on time. and most ubi games do come out on pc as well, but with extended time delays (waiting for brotherhood, will be a treat to play in 1080p ^^).

Single player demo coming 12/21 for X360, 12/21 for PSN in the US, and 12/22 for PSN in the EU!

Here's a recent video showing Clarke kick some Necromorph arse in Sprawl:

[youtube]nJGj4h8AY7U[/youtube]

Dead Space is by far the scariest game i have ever played :p. Yet to complete it, been more than 2 years since i left it hanging. Dead Space 2 looks nice, hope to complete the first game by this year :lol:.

With a proper set of cans (Divya here's where the AD700 really shines!), this game can scare the living daylights out of someone! I'd vote for this game over Doom 3 in terms of the scare factor.

I actually was a bit disappointed with Dead Space on the 'scariness' scale. While playing the first hour or two it seemed to be great and I thought it would get better. But it didn't feel like that as I played further. I'm not saying it was bad, but after reading the reviews I had high expectations of it.

The gameplay however was great. Nothing like chopping of necromorphs with a ripper. :D

^Doom 3 was hardly scary :p I used to play it with a zalman 5.1 channel headphone (which is crap anyways) around mid night with all lights switched off :p Was fun but not scary. Even dead space i played with a similar setup minus the headphone hehe.

Will start playing the game again next weekend, i still have the saved games :D

I agree Doom 3 was scary when it had released back then. Esp. those sequences when the pinky makes its appearance and ofc how can we forget the hellknights! :fear: I recall having the Inspire 5.1 5200 back then. :ashamed:

Agree that Doom 3 was scary when you Played it right !
1. Alone
2. in a dark room
3. good surround setup At a realistic volume.
4. A bit venerable heart . cause you got to be be sacred, to be scared !
5. Play it the way its meant to be played ...use torch often ..look in the corners ..turn at every noise you hear!

I thoroughly enjoyed Doom 3. :D

As for Dead Space 2, i am awaiting eagerly for the Demo ! Lets see what they have changed.

Can't wait to get back from work today and fire it up at night. Perfect ambience to jump start the demo. :D

IT'S UP BABY! My brother has already started the download. Seemed to be 1 odd GB, so should be done by the time I get back home. Will update you guys on how the demo turns out to be.

Back