Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

The audio is awesome i had to pull down the volume to 35 since i use headphones

Ethan_Hunt said:
PS3 users, get your demo as it works on 3.41 firmware too. :D
thATS WTONG :(

the demo had its moments , but the level design is not what i liked ( yeah , really )

In initial part of the level was very poor, but once you step into the Church, the atmosphere is genuinely spooky. I'm sure the full game has more to offer.

Frankly speaking i liked dead space initially but at later levels it became kinda boring and even the climax felt a bit cliched.

quan chi said:
Frankly speaking i liked dead space initially but at later levels it became kinda boring and even the climax felt a bit cliched.
I agree with you that Dead Space becomes boring towards the end, but "cliched" climax, how many games have climax like Dead Space? In fact, it was one of the best climax I have ever seen in the games. If you are talking about the boss fight, well, every game ends with a generic boss fight.

sugat123 said:
I agree with you that Dead Space becomes boring towards the end, but "cliched" climax, how many games have climax like Dead Space? In fact, it was one of the best climax I have ever seen in the games. If you are talking about the boss fight, well, every game ends with a generic boss fight.
no i am not talking about the boss fight.The climax is quite predictable.
I mean at the end where Daniels turns out to be a culprit
and if you ask there are many games with similar endings eg:- mw2,far cry,gta vice city and few others who's name i cant recollect now.

quan chi said:
no i am not talking about the boss fight.The climax is quite predictable.
I mean at the end where Daniels turns out to be a culprit

and if you ask there are many games with similar endings eg:- mw2,far cry,gta vice city and few others who's name i cant recollect now.
Oh..that one. That was not much of the climax, I have read/seen such twists in so many movies, games and books, that it never surprises me. In fact, when I was playing Uncharted 1 and 2, I thought every character I meet might be a backstabber.

Actually, the real climax was about the girl Isaac wants to find, which I don't think I have seen anywhere.

i just started playing DS1, and the mouse lag was killing me, turning V-Sync off solved it though :)

Wonder why no one posted PC requirements , PC version is costing 999/- pre-orders at 875/-

CPU: 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent (any Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or better, AMD Athlon64 3000+ or better, any Athlon64 X2 or Core Duo processor)
RAM: 1 GB (XP), 2 GB (Vista or Win7) or more
DISC DRIVE: 8x speed or faster CD/DVD drive
HARD DRIVE: At least 10 GB of free space
VIDEO: 256 MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required. NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements) ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
SOUND: Direct 9.0c compatible sound card

Besides, I think it uses the same engine. So unless, Visceral decides to mess up the PC port, this should perform just like the first one did.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Besides, I think it uses the same engine. So unless, Visceral decides to mess up the PC port, this should perform just like the first one did.
yeah, even the requirements are very humble :)

LOL wait until id posts the system requirements for Rage that releases later this year. :rofl:

"Who cares about system requirements?"
That's what everyone used to think, until Crysis arrived.... :p

Damn thing has come up. Pays to have an X sometimes. :|

I shall wait for the PC version though. Oh wait what can I do even otherwise. :ashamed:

The game is really big . It for 13 Gigs on xbox 360 . Its out on *Aham *Aham .

Back