Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

If it's a widespread bug/glitch, then it will be fixed. It's a $60 game in the US after all. EA already messed up the release date key validation part on 25th. I'm sure they don't want any more issues.

The 'Save' problem seems to present on most Steam copies. I hope the non-steam copies do not face same issue. Ofcourse, there will be minor glitches, bugs and random crashes. After all, it's a PC game. ;)

So does the game works on 3.41 JB PS3 ? PC version is taking too long

You are gonna miss everything!

And just saw the ratings for this game on GSpot. It has a intense multiplayer mode! Pretty solid as the review says for the PS3!

Meh I think I'll grab the PS3 version with Extraction thanks to this never ending wait. :|

Aman27deep said:
Guys i haven't played the first game yet, so can i jump to this one? would i miss anything?

You'll miss the link of the storyline. I suggest watching Dead Space: Downfall first and then playing the first game. It will really be a good experience. Why directly jump into this one? The first one was an awesome title, so you shouldn't miss it at all.

Ethan_Hunt said:
You'll miss the link of the storyline. I suggest watching Dead Space: Downfall first and then playing the first game. It will really be a good experience. Why directly jump into this one? The first one was an awesome title, so you shouldn't miss it at all.
Hmm... Actually a little less time these days :p But okay i'll try to play this first as the game is freaking big to download anywho. Thanks :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Second that! The first game was mighty epic. Much ahead of Doom 3 in terms of the scare factor although you could draw a lot of resemblances from either of the space-horror-thriller titles.

Some of them found it repetitive though. The final boss is a schmuck! :p

Tried the first level and man oh man, it's freakin' scary. Didn't look as bad as I thought it would. Just got the Plasma Cutter and slowly making my way out of some god-forsaken asylum, which is over-run by necromorphs. Will be trying out Extraction in some time.

EDIT: Completed the first Chapter of Extraction. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant way to make an HD remake with Move support. The game is awesome and it's best played with a move controller. With the DS2, it's a bit clunky to aim the reticule properly, but it's OK once you're used to it. For people with MOVE, this game would be a blast. I'm surprised how good it looks with visually up-scaled graphics, not the best, but far from being the worst. I'll probably play this till I can play the PC version of Dead Space 2. :)

DUN DUN DUN!
deadspace22011012901361.jpg

deadspace22011012901362.jpg

deadspace22011012901381.jpg

deadspace22011012901384.jpg

deadspace22011012901403.jpg

deadspace22011012901430.jpg

deadspace22011012901481.jpg

deadspace22011012901481.jpg

does the pc version has native support for controller, hoping the game is not having vsync issues this time.

Native support for controller - YES

V-Sync issues - none encountered so far

In fact, the game caps the frame rates to 30fps when V-Sync is enabled.

Beginning the PC version as soon as I reach home today afternoon. Got to install it and everything went supah smooth. :)

Crap, I felt like bunking the office today. :ashamed:

Allwyn, those screenshots from Extraction? How did you save 'em?

Screenshots are from Dead Space 2 PC version. I got the Aftermath movie, pop-corn and the evening to myself. YEEHAW!

Nice! :D

Aight so the chronology of events happen in this order:

Extraction ~ Downfall < Dead Space 1 < Aftermath < Dead Space 2

I suppose it will be a good idea to watch Aftermath before attempting the second title. Onto it then.

Forgot to ask, is the save game issue sorted out? :ashamed:

OT: Never knew Anand had come down to India. Neither did his FB profile hint of it. When did this happen? :p

Desecrator said:
Nice! :D

Aight so the chronology of events happen in this order:

Extraction ~ Downfall < Dead Space 1 < Aftermath < Dead Space 2

I suppose it will be a good idea to watch Aftermath before attempting the second title. Onto it then.

It's a bit more complicated than that. The Dead Space saga is composed of comic books, games and animated movie(s). Each of them tell the story in random parts. So you'll just have to bridge the gaps by watching/reading/playing all of them. I haven't read the comics, so no clue what it's all about.

I'll quote a post from Neophenom @PS3thropies board regarding the time line:

Dead Space Martyr

|

|

Dead Space Downfall

(Opening)

Dead Space Comics

(Chapters 1 - 2)

|

|

Dead Space Comics

(Chapter 3)

Dead Space Extraction

(Chapter 1)

|

|

Dead Space Downfall

(Act. I)

Dead Space Comics

(Chapters 4 - 6)

Dead Space Extraction

(Chapter 2)

|

|

Dead Space Downfall

(Act. II)

Dead Space Extraction

(Chapters 3 - 4)

|

|

Dead Space Downfall

(Act. III)

Dead Space Extraction

(Chapters 5 - 8)

|

|

Dead Space Downfall

(Ending)

Dead Space Extraction

(Chapters 9 - 10)

|

|

Dead Space

|

|

Dead Space Aftermath

|

|

Dead Space Salvage

|

|

Dead Space Ignition

|

|

Dead Space 2

Desecrator said:
Forgot to ask, is the save game issue sorted out? :ashamed:

I believe it was isolated to the Steam copies. But no saves issues reported with retail copies so far. People have even completed their game on Zealot difficulty. :p

Desecrator said:
OT: Never knew Anand had come down to India. Neither did his FB profile hint of it. When did this happen? :p

He has some urgent work out here in Bombay, so had to fly down on Friday morning.

Back