Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

On chapter 4. Just arrived at Zero G waste disposal system. Seems, Issac has a lot going on inside his head than outside. Totally loving this game. There aren't many changes, if there are they are not game changers. But, they fixed few problems, none the less.

@Desecrator, I think, its the essence of the survival horror. There will be less ammo, low health, more enemies, Player's abilities and agility will be penalized, Most of the enemies can run as fast as the player,etc. Thats what makes players to be on the edge of their seat. And is common among most of the Survival Horror games. But, when couple of enemies are behind and you are running away to maintain a distance and shoot but only to realize that by the time you can make a 180Degree turn and aim and shoot, they will be 1feet close to you. You will forget all those player limits.

^To make do with jumping and crouching adds to the essence of survival horror? Somehow I find that very hard to digest.

Go play Amnesia and the Penumbra series to know what REAL survival horror genre is. :)

PS: Don't forget to wear diapers while you are at it.

Guess who just joined the 'Ignore' list? *ding* *ding* *ding*

Yes, it's jojothedragon. And it's not for his last comment, but it's for being a f*ckin' hypocrite. I tried to be nice, harsh and even subtle, but this guy just doesn't get it. Now that we have that out of the way and night dawning on us, let's enjoy Dead Space 2. :D

Hate you guys all -------- Gannu, Ethan, and Vamsi. Enjoying the new release while I brace the traffic of South Delhi and wait for my copy to arrive from Rahul......! Cannot wait. Game Lords. :)

asingh said:
Hate you guys all -------- Gannu, Ethan, and Vamsi. Enjoying the new release while I brace the traffic of South Delhi and wait for my copy to arrive from Rahul......! Cannot wait. Game Lords. :)

When is your copy arriving Anil? BTW have you seen the Dead Space movies?

I think Rahul was supposed to receive the copies on the 27th, will PM him once I reach. I saw that one DS movie which had the kewl female as the security head of the planet.

Excellent! So you should have it pretty soon. Till then you can probably catch up with Dead Space: Aftermath, which just released. :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Guess who just joined the 'Ignore' list? *ding* *ding* *ding*

Yes, it's jojothedragon. And it's not for his last comment, but it's for being a f*ckin' hypocrite. I tried to be nice, harsh and even subtle, but this guy just doesn't get it. Now that we have that out of the way and night dawning on us, let's enjoy Dead Space 2. :D
Guess it was about time i got ignored. Enjoy :)

WTF WTF WTF!

One of the crew about to drop down to Aegis 7 is seen playing a God of War title on a portable gaming device with Kratos wielding Athena's blades and another one refers to it as a 'hologame'! :O

And later Dante's Inferno on a bigger screen. Easter eggs?

Allwyn did you notice that? :p

Desecrator said:
WTF WTF WTF!

One of the crew about to drop down to Aegis 7 is seen playing a God of War title on a portable gaming device with Kratos wielding Athena's blades and another one refers to it as a 'hologame'! :O

And later Dante's Inferno on a bigger screen. Easter eggs?

Allwyn did you notice that? :p

Where? What? Who? :S

Which is the movie should i be watching before starting the game ?

And is the Chapter 7 bug still there ?

dinjo said:
Which is the movie should i be watching before starting the game ?

I'd suggest watching both, Downfall & Aftermath, if you haven't seen any of them yet.

@Dinesh: Aftermath it is. Made a lot of sense how Clarke got there and who Strauss is.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Where? What? Who? :S
The movie I mean. Ah so you haven't seen Aftermath yet. Wait until you see that. :p

Desecrator said:
^To make do with jumping and crouching adds to the essence of survival horror? Somehow I find that very hard to digest.

Go play Amnesia and the Penumbra series to know what REAL survival horror genre is. :)

PS: Don't forget to wear diapers while you are at it.
It is as simple as this, making player crouch and jump will give player a lot of room to escape from enemies attacks and to move swiftly in combat which will directly contradict the basic formula of survival horror which is to limit player's movements for the obvious reasons.

And,If it makes you feel any better, played penumbra Overture, Black Plague 2 years ago. And Played amnesia on the next day it was out.

And there is a hell lot of difference between games like Amnesia and other survival horrors. Amnesia didn't focused on combat like Silent Hill, Dead Space, Resident Evil. They Tried to simulate horror(to make player run, escape) instead of pitting players in a combat situation. So, limiting player's agility will only make the situation worse in games like these. To be frank, what i feel is.. Amnesia is not a text book Survival horror. But instead is a game of Horror with the mix of adventure elements.

My copy becomes available tomorrow;

OT- 2 mbps Internet must be affordable now since companies are jumping on 3G bandwagon, let them know the PS3 game sizes:batman:

dinjo said:
And is the Chapter 7 bug still there ?
Yup! Just reached there and crashed. Solar panel array - hacked the door, and there's a walkway to the next door. As soon as Clarke opens the door BAAM! Crashes to the desktop.

Downloaded another save file after this location and it worked fine. Not sure if it spawns another bunch of crashes.

just completed dead space a few days back..looking forward to play dead space 2 . downfall is an excellent movie which sheds light on the events prior to the events of Dead Space and aftermath excellently bridges the gap between 1 and 2.EA and Visceral have done an awesome job on this.

@anyone who has played the game.How's the zero-g experience?I read somewhere that zero g jumps(which were awesome) have been replaced wherein Isaac can control his movements more easily and effectively.

crvinay_4u said:
@anyone who has played the game.How's the zero-g experience?I read somewhere that zero g jumps(which were awesome) have been replaced wherein Isaac can control his movements more easily and effectively.

Yep. In zero gravity mode, you can traverse by simply moving your left analog stick and use your thrusters by holding down the LB button. Not sure what the keyboard controls are, but it's very easy to travel in zero-G mode. What's stunning is the surrounding environment which has a slow-mo effect and the objects just float around while you travel. It's a brilliantly designed sequence.

Back