Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

Just though First level of the game. This had lot of Scary moments. Controls feels a bit tight now, unlike the first game. Saving the game is lot quicker than it was before. Kinesis feels hell lot powerful now, and I think players should use it more often to conserve their ammo. There isn't any noticeable screen tearing with Vsync turned off. I am now playing with a controller, and i recommend playing with it, because of the force feedback feature. Moments feel a lot jumpier when there is added vibration :p

And there was this tiny "previously on Dead Space" thing, which i watched before playing game to just rewind the things Issac had been though in the first game.

I got my suit, Line gun & upgraded a few slots of the Plasma Cutter. Ammo is not a problem out here, at all. I'm playing it on the normal difficulty and I have close to 5 slots full of Plasma Cutter ammo (each with 25 shells) stocked. I wouldn't recommend playing this during day time, unless your PC is located in a dungeon. This requires a completely dark and silent environment, it really creates the ambience. The sound is f*ckin' awesome, especially during the stomp sequences.

Ethan_Hunt said:
V-Sync issues - none encountered so far

In fact, the game caps the frame rates to 30fps when V-Sync is enabled.
umm... vsync capping the game to 30fps is a huge bug. how can you say that vsync has no issues when this is happening. same shit happened in dead space 1 in 2008, and in 2 years visceral games didn't bother to fix it. and now again in dead space 2 in 2011.

folks you need to disable ingame vsync and force it through your driver control panels so that the game runs at 60 fps or whatever your refresh rate is.

I don't know about normal, but in survivalist mode, things aren't going that smooth. Ammo is not that abundant here.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

spindoctor said:
umm... vsync capping the game to 30fps is a huge bug. how can you say that vsync has no issues when this is happening. same shit happened in dead space 1 in 2008, and in 2 years visceral games didn't bother to fix it. and now again in dead space 2 in 2011.

folks you need to disable ingame vsync and force it through your driver control panels so that the game runs at 60 fps or whatever your refresh rate is.
Tried Forcing through CCC, but it isn't capping anything. And even with without any help of CCC, there is hardly any screen tearing, unlike the first one. But there will be occasional jerks, due to FPS changes from 150+ to 60 something. Except that, Vsyc off is working fine.

spindoctor said:

I was referring to the V-Sync issues hampering the control system in the first Dead Space. I didn't encounter any such problem out here. I'm fine with the 30fps cap as long as it doesn't drop below a specific level, which it doesn't, in this game. It's constantly at 30fps and feels normal. Turning V-Sync OFF sends the frame rates flying through the roof. I get around 88-100fps in tight areas and minimum drops are around 42fps. The tearing is minimal.

Vamsi, Survivalist & Zealot are a lot tougher modes compared to Normal. So you'll obviously encounter sparse ammo, which adds to the rise in the game's difficulty level.

^ Strange.. I haven't faced any tearing issues. Except in one Cut scene (Previously on dead Space). But I'm facing jerks here and there due to sudden FPS drops.

I meant to say minimal and chose the incorrect word. I tried to force V-Sync from ATI CCC and disabled it from within the game and it had no effect. I guess only nVidia users enjoy this facility, unless I'm not trying enough.

EDIT/UPDATE: Got 60fps locked by forcing it using D3DOverrider V2.0.1 and disabled V-Sync from within the game. Excellent performance now. MUHAHA!

Sorry. Never knew retail was out so early on PC in India. Sorry was not implying any thing else. Sorry.

Effing insane! :D Completed Chapter 1 and Visceral has fixed a lot of shortcomings found in the first title. For instance, no more tram shit to proceed from one chapter to another and the transition is smooth with no loading screens here. Isaac can now use the locator to indicate multiple locations such as the save station, objective, store and bench which was missing in the first game. The necromorphs are as usual - scary and you find them in all shapes and sizes. Dismemberment works as always and stomping them gives you ammo and cash lol! Got hold of the suit, found 4 power nodes in the first chapter and got some moolah! :D

In the meantime, Aftermath 720p is being downloaded as we speak.

wOOt I think my weekend is SET! :)

asingh said:
Sorry. Never knew retail was out so early on PC in India. Sorry was not implying any thing else. Sorry.

OH now I get it. I get confused with new terminologies these days. Anyway, the best you can expect from me is a discussion about the game and not about how to procure it. :)

^ You would never understand the pride and happiness genuine folks have!

OT:- Is this still stop and shoot method in DS2?

vamsi_krishna said:
Here we go, again.
:rofl:

Oh stop it Jojo! Nuff of this genuine vs. pirate sh1t! As long as we keep the discussion civil, we aren't losing anything here.

On topic, completed Chapter 5. Boy, I'm loving the game as it progresses. But why can't Clarke jump or crouch yet? His suit isn't any heavier than Freemans'. Bad bad Visceral. :(

Stop and shoot? Nope. Shoot as you walk. Ofc when you run you cannot since you need to aim when you shoot.

Back