Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

Trying to Beat DS1 now :ashamed: ; why am I always late to the party.

jojothedragon said:
^ You would never understand the pride and happiness genuine folks have!
Wow. You pirate PC games, PS3 games (and i'm sure if you had some other platform you'd pirate even that) and then you say that. and i remember ar first you were unhappy with the PS3 dongle hack, but you continued pirating PC games, what's wrong with you jojo? amazing.

Completed Chapter 9. Been doing good until now. Will call it a day and crash for now.

Oh and that Chapter 7 crash has a fix now. :p

Another weird bug I forgot to mention - cannot assign mouse keys 4 & 5 in the game. Pretty bad. :(

Aman27deep said:
Trying to Beat DS1 now :ashamed: ; why am I always late to the party.

It's not a competition, so relax! Just take your time and enjoy the game. Don't try to rush your way through it. Dead Space isn't a very long game, so you can easily beat it in say, 8-9 hours.

Ethan_Hunt said:
It's not a competition, so relax! Just take your time and enjoy the game. Don't try to rush your way through it. Dead Space isn't a very long game, so you can easily beat it in say, 8-9 hours.
Haha yeah, i guess i'd have completed it by now if it weren't for exams. Last on monday (accounts), will take a 2 day off from studies and complete DS1. Then will reduce gaming till end march.

^ If you ask me, you are playing on a perfect time. Beat Dead Space, take a day gap.. Complete Aftermath in that gap of 1 day. If possible couple of comics. Then based on your free time, start the DS2. Sweet. :p

Now on Chapter 8 now :p

vamsi_krishna said:
^ If you ask me, you are playing on a perfect time. Beat Dead Space, take a day gap.. Complete Aftermath in that gap of 1 day. If possible couple of comics. Then based on your free time, start the DS2. Sweet. :p

Sweet :p

dinjo said:
Starting the game with 360 controller.
But.. Why?

It is a bit challenging to play with a controller than Playing with Keyboard and Mouse. More importantly, Vibration during cutscenes and jumpy moments adds a different flavor.

vamsi_krishna said:
It is a bit challenging to play with a controller than Playing with Keyboard and Mouse. More importantly, Vibration during cutscenes and jumpy moments adds a different flavor.
I play most action games with my controller (like Spiderman Shattered Dimensions, The Saboteur, mirror's edge etc) but playing a survival shooter with the controller might be tough.

Those hallucination sequences with Nicole are freaking scary! :fear:

And those of you, who've reached Chapter 11 should have no problems with the spoiler below:

Isaac steps into the USG Ishimura once again to do some repairs. Some of the hallucination sequences brings back the old memories of what happened with Isaac in the first title. Loved these parts. :D

Upgraded the RIG like 4 times. Got the security suit, the vintage suit and the advanced suit. The advanced suit unlocks all the 25 slots and has a 20% armor. The RIG, plasma cutter and the pulse rifle has been upgraded to the max.

Just carried 2 weapons throughout the game. Did not really feel the need for any more. :ashamed:

dinjo said:
?? Which game are you talking about ?
Which one do you think it is?

^Enable V-Sync from your Nvidia control panel. Not much tearing without it either.

Done with the game. Clocked 6:27 hours on Normal. Absolutely fab ending. Esp. when the credits sequence roll out and I thought the game ended. Please wait until the credits sequence ends completely. ;)

The ubermorph at Chapter 14 a la the hunter in Dead Space 1 (which was killed inside a cryogenic chamber by locking it inside) - this one cannot be killed, will regenerate it's limbs and kept chasing Clarke till he reaches the marker. Damn thing gave me a tough time towards the end.

What a fantastic way to begin the first game released for this year. Loved it thoroughly. Now to play Dead Space: Extraction and wait for the console exclusive DLC to turn up - Severed. :D

Desecrator said:
Now to play Dead Space: Extraction and wait for the console exclusive DLC to turn up - Severed. :D

Enjoying that on the PS3 now. Already crossed 5 chapters. Has Move controller support and it feels gr8 to play the game with the Move controller.

The only negative part is that you cannot control the players movements. You can only control the crosshair. :(

hellgate said:
Enjoying that on the PS3 now. Already crossed 5 chapters. Has Move controller support and it feels gr8 to play the game with the Move controller.

The only negative part is that you cannot control the players movements. You can only control the crosshair. :(
Are you sure that you cannot control Isaac's movement? What about the move navigation controller?

jojothedragon said:
Are you sure that you cannot control Isaac's movement? What about the move navigation controller?
Jojo, Extraction is a rail shooter. You cannot control the movements but camera (limited!) and dealing with the NPCs (i.e shooting, picking up consumables, soldering, using stasis etc.).

Besides, Isaac is not the protagonist for Extraction.

Just created a thread for the game here - http://www.techenclave.com/gaming-consoles/the-dead-space-extraction-thread-183443.html

received my copy of dead space 2 from nextworld.in today through bluedart.

Activation went smoothly. No DLC or DRM hiccups and started to play immediately.

graphics are more graphic than than previous version. So the more graphic it is the more intense experience.

Really looking forward to complete this game.

Back