Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

ram_dante said:
Dead Space 1 Trailer had the same eerie version of twinkle twinkle ! Are u referring to that??
Actually the rhyme was modified for the series (though DS2 features the first few verses) and was featured in the first game in one of the Chapters and in the 2 movies as well. It sure was eerie!

Started the game after almost two days.

Just passed the Platforming sections in Chapter 8.

Btw, when will we get the schematic of Vintage suit?

vamsi_krishna said:
Btw, when will we get the schematic of Vintage suit?
What's a Vintage suit? The one from the first Dead Space?

OT: Vamsi, me and Gaurav progressed a bit in Borderlands, since you weren't answering our calls. We'll resume this weekend.

No, CSE Vintage suit, 3rd body armor in the game. I am almost in the end of Chapter 8, and still can't find it. Any ideas, people?

OT: Yea, i kept it on silent mode the other night, and forget to switch it back. Apologies. Yea, we will play this weekend. Lets try our luck, if my fudging internet gives it's middle finger again.. I think i should get off the boat. And the next second, I'll set this b!tch on fire.

vamsi_krishna said:
No, CSE Vintage suit, 3rd body armor in the game. I am almost in the end of Chapter 8, and still can't find it. Any ideas, people?
The schematic is be found in one of those rooms which require you to use a power node. The location is two rooms after Isaac takes the large elevator to start Chapter 8.

The in-game power node description and sometimes the loading screen, hints that the user is always required to carry a power node as an emergency to unlock such rooms. Comes handy at times. Do not waste every node on some upgrade. You never know when you may stumble across such rooms.

I visited some of the rooms, in fact, i came across the room you have mentioned. But thought to skip this one to save nodes for upgrades. Will have to go back now. :(

EDIT: Damn.. I've long passed that room. Now.. there is no hope. Can i get it somewhere else? like in next chapter or something?

^Not sure but do not worry you will get the advanced suit not far from now. Chapter 11 TBP so watch out. :)

Advanced suit unlocks all the 25 slots, has a 20% armor IIRC and is the best suit you can acquire in the game. Like I mentioned before, the elite suit's schematic cannot be acquired because of some glitch. The developer posted that in twitter.

It isn't the best suit around, I think.There are couple of DLCs in EA market place which will add 4 new armors and weapons to the game.

^Yep. Besides there are elite suits of each variant as well. I was talking of those that can be acquired within the game.

One of the coolest distraction in the whole game was buzzing of LED clock around Chapter 6 in family rooms while the atmosphere was eerily dead quiet.

Instinctively i was fumbling for the off switch by pressing the "E" key.

This happens only once in the whole game.

Yesterday I started DS 2 with dark room and 60% of 5.1 speaker volume, and WOW the game is amazing :)

Okay finally got the copy from ITWarez. Reached home late so only got a little bit of play - time. Like you all mentioned the game is awesome-godsome. Initially it is pissing off without any weapons and walking around 'nude'. Was seriously sweating when I saw those Necros approaching me. Damn...! Acquiring the plasma-cutter scene is epic. With the monster slowly approaching you. Intense for sure. They have created an eerie and dark environment. Surprise is the element. There is this place where suddenly steam comes out of the roof. I jumped in my seat..freaky.

Easily able to max out the game on 'very high'. Luckily not getting any screen tear also, with v-sync off. Controls are mapped wall and quite fluid. Like the new objective/save/station marker option. Can change it on the fly. Will enjoy this one.

:)

Also the first evacuation drill, where Isaac is just running, I kept getting "head slaughtered off" at the lift. Was so scared that did not see the prompt for kicking. Had to U-tube it. Imagine first one minute of a game. ha ha..am a bad gamer.

^Great! Glad to know the copy reached you Anil. Have fun! :D

EDIT: Oh that part Anil! One would never be able to notice the E prompt flashing on the screen when Clarke gets stuck on the lift and the Necro keeps pulling him out. But nvm that.

I forgot to mention how creepy the Titan Elementary School part was. This game has really shown excellent variation in level design. Almost every level feels fresh and different from the previous one. Also taking the mute button off Isaac was a good decision. His conversations in the game makes it more interactive, than his silent avatar in Dead Space. Is it just me or does Ellie look hot? ;)

Vamsi, what weapons have you bought? Which one do you use most frequently?

Gannu said:
^Great! Glad to know the copy reached you Anil. Have fun! :D

EDIT: Oh that part Anil! One would never be able to notice the E prompt flashing on the screen when Clarke gets stuck on the lift and the Necro keeps pulling him out. But nvm that.
Thanks Gannu.

I always change my controls with "E" as forward, so I later on noticed a prompt for "T" which became activate. I died like 10-12 times, then U-tubed it. You got it the first time, the prompt..?

^Nope. My roomie did. :ashamed:

He was sitting and staring at the display when I began the game in all anticipation. Then the lift chopped me into 2, he said he saw some E prompt flashing. Figured it the second time. :p

^^

I swear. Difficult. :)

Wonder how quickly game lord Ethan got it...!..?

That is really amazing part, I died twice but figured it out on the first time only (E).

The level design of Church is awesome.

asingh said:
Also the first evacuation drill, where Isaac is just running, I kept getting "head slaughtered off" at the lift. Was so scared that did not see the prompt for kicking. Had to U-tube it. Imagine first one minute of a game. ha ha..am a bad gamer.
I had the controller mapped to it and it flashed with the 'A' button right when the Necro grabbed me. The first time it was very sudden, so didn't have the time to react and got boned. In the next try, I got it right. :D

Back