Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

Kuantum said:
received my copy of dead space 2 from nextworld.in today through bluedart.

Activation went smoothly. No DLC or DRM hiccups and started to play immediately.

graphics are more graphic than than previous version. So the more graphic it is the more intense experience.

Really looking forward to complete this game.
Ensure that the atmosphere is SET! Good luck! :thumb:

Almost done with Chapter 7. Upgraded my suit and it looks LEGEN...wait for it...DARY! Although, I'm stripped off my entire cash and have barely got $2,000 or so left. My Plasma Cutter's damage has been upgraded to the max as well. Seem to be running out of health pretty quickly since the last chapter. God I hate those acid spitting necromorphs. Loved the gore level in this game, Isaac's death sequences are brilliant. It's weird, even though, I'm on chapter 7 and the save slot time counter shows 3 hours 30 minutes, it feels like I have been playing this forever. :p

^LOL you've seen nothing yet. :p What suit are you on? The security suit I am guessing? There are ummm 2 more you can unlock but the ELITE version cannot be acquired due to some glitch on the PC version. Do not worry you will have plenty of monies towards the end to completely upgrade the suit and at least 2 weapons. Not to mention, plenty of power nodes strewn around throughout the levels. In secret locations as well as the usual containers on the walls. And hey, loads of semiconductors to be found as well - bronze, ruby, gold, diamond etc. IIRC I had around 50k+ towards the end after having done all the upgrades.

Agreed the death sequences are uber. With each necromorph it varies as well. If you do not press E during an encounter, you will see a different sequence with Clarke's torso, limbs and the head separated. And if you do not shoot the emergency shut down switch when the glass of the air-lock is blown, he will be cut into 2 halves neatly! :p

Gannu said:
during an encounter, you will see a different sequence with Clarke's torso, limbs and the head separated. And if you do not shoot the emergency shut down switch when the glass of the air-lock is blown, he will be cut into 2 halves neatly! :p

Cringes and shivers. Damn...!

I m loving this game more than the first part..Played through for about an hour..Not really scary..but had 2-3 heard blowing moments!

Ethan_Hunt said:
What's the ETA on your copy's arrival?
Yesterday Rahul gave me the shipping details. Usually his courier service takes 24 hours. So probably today or maximum tomorrow should reach my office.

:)

asingh said:
Yesterday Rahul gave me the shipping details. Usually his courier service takes 24 hours. So probably today or maximum tomorrow should reach my office.

You should have no problems in maxing the game out on your rig Anil. Cheers! :D

asingh said:
Hey awesome! Now you can finally join the party. Be sure to keep D3DOverrider ready to cap the frame rates at 60fps. :)

^^

Yups great. Is there a tearing issue, with the FPS unharnessed...?

asingh said:
^^
Yups great. Is there a tearing issue, with the FPS unharnessed...?
Tearing is minimal with in-game V-Sync off and the frames just fly all over the place. But, when you enter an elevator and the the lights flicker, you can notice the screen tearing. With D3DOverrider and with internal V-Sync OFF, you can keep the frame rates locked at 60fps and you won't experience a single frame drop, nor face any tearing issues. This game is rock solid in terms of performance.

ram_dante said:
I m loving this game more than the first part..Played through for about an hour..Not really scary..but had 2-3 heard blowing moments!
The scary part in DS2 starts after an hour, you surely like the game from the second part :)

@Ethan:

Okay thanks for the helpful tips. I have RadeonPRO (made on Guru3d forums) which is quite good. Give it a try one day if you get time. Lets you "force" a lot of settings which CCC does not allow. It has the V-Sync option too. Plus profiling too. Good tool for ATI accelerators.

asingh said:
@Ethan:
Okay thanks for the helpful tips. I have RadeonPRO (made on Guru3d forums) which is quite good. Give it a try one day if you get time. Lets you "force" a lot of settings which CCC does not allow. It has the V-Sync option too. Plus profiling too. Good tool for ATI accelerators.
Yeah, I've heard of it too, but never actually tried it. I rarely fiddle around with any CCC settings. I'll definitely give it a shot though.

Start posting once you get the game. :)

I m playing the game in broad day light :p..A bit scared to play it in the proper dark atmosphere..:ashamed:

Even am able to max out the game easily at 1680x1050 with my poor PC..Constant 80FPS + Mostly around 100- 140 fps..Shows the age of the engine..Nonethless game looks great!

ram_dante said:
Already she freaked me out on the elevator(twinkle twinkle little star:ashamed:)
Does 'twinkle twinkle little star' ring you any bell? No I am not referring to the nursery rhyme you'd learnt during your kindergarten days. :p

Back