Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

Yep, they come is large groups and try to pile on you

Just reached chapter 5. Those dogs are just the fcuk!
Just bought the Security Suit. Man it looks uber awesome! :D

How about the Pregnants? :D

A treat to watch their belly burst and the swarmers latch onto Isaac.

wxzoz3nfv48i2naus8.png

Oh and the Ubermorph in the last chapter! ****ing thing regenerates itself like the hunters. :mad:

Jojo and Anil, I think you guys must have already encountered 'em. Slow due to their weight and if you don't take them down quickly, they'll attempt harakiri and let those swarms throng Isaac. :)

^^

I guess so. Shows how friggin' occupied I am saving my suited arse, that I did not notice em'. Damn this game is immersive.

LOL, don't have time to enjoy the view, i'm more occupied with dismembering limbs. :p

EDIT: saw that small pic. Yeah, i've encountered them.

DS 1 is boring, it is the same in every chapter, get mobbed by cockroaches after completing every task.... same thing goes on repeating itself, i find it boring.

I found it to get repetitive, so I just keep running as soon as I finish some bad guys to complete the game faster(as i have heard the later levels are more challenging and longer too)

Finally finished the game and what an amazing experience. The conclusion was really good. I'm glad I bought the Ripper, else would have been outnumbered in the final battle. Hats off the Visceral game for topping it predecessor. Like I said before, it was a good decision to give a voice actor for Isaac's role and it really contributed a great deal in the interactive story telling. What I love about this installment was the amount of emotion involved and the pain that Isaac feels for Nicole, even though he knows that he can't get her back. It was good to see that the game stuck to the storyline, while addressing to the horror element.

comp@ddict said:
I found it to get repetitive, so I just keep running as soon as I finish some bad guys to complete the game faster(as i have heard the later levels are more challenging and longer too)
Then play the game as a Horror Extermination Shooter rather than a Horror Survival Shooter. Simple :)

In other news, screens for the DLC for DS2 - Severed surface! DSG is back wOOt! :eek:hyeah:

jcyql6u31i89y6b1tvd.jpg

76o5dwevemz595syuw1r.jpg

60ql0j1jiuza6ify66tb.jpg

The game will focus on the story of Gabe and Lexine from Dead Space Extraction and will feature a Real Dead Space gameplay instead of on-rails shooting. You can also see a new Suit in the screens below, Also do watch the Interview as it has some interesting details about the game.

[youtube]s33u7EGQVFw[/youtube]

2 new chapters, new weapons, new suits! :D

If it's the 'Severed' DLC, then it's console exclusive for the time being. However, the save file posted on the previous page, unlocks the suits and weapons on the PC, which is a part of the DLC content. Although, the new chapters aren't included.

@gannu: Thanks for the screenies. Eagerly waiting for the DLC. :D

Reached chapter 8 and bought the Vintage Suit. Doesn't look cool but has a good armor.

My list of weapons

1)The Seeker [The cheapest and best solution for all your Necromorph problems. Seeker ammo @900 credits only . And damage is really awesome, good for taking down all enemies[except मुर्गियाँ and babies since babies are too patheric to use ammo on and those मुर्गियाँ are really fast to aim and shoot ) from a distance with the scoped/zoom mode which increases its damage. Two well aimed shots at the limbs and your necro buddies will requiescat in pace. It is my favourites]

2)Line Gun [Expensive solution but its worth the price. My best buddu during tight situations, its the ultimate one-shot-many-kills weapon. Very useful against मुर्गियाँ because you need to kill them real fast. ]

3)Flamethrower [Awesome for taking down hordes of necromorphs, its ability to incenerate multiple enemies at once makes it so. And its secondary fire mode will just kill all necros in its radius. Perticularly useful during close combat. Ideal for making KFN,i.e, Kentuky Fried Necromorph]

4)Pusle rifle [Awesome for taking down babies, and all those things that you wouldn't want to waste any ammo on and also useful to take down enemies at a distance. Perticularly useful during zero gravity situations. Its my default weapon.]

I don;t find the need to use any other weapons. Quite satisfied with this setup.

Last night i reached chapter 13. I'm wearing the advanced suit now. Its was so cheap only 36K credits. Any other suits i should be aware of?

Back