Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

Didn't hop to this thread before coz I didn't want to spoil any surprises for myself .

Finished the game yesterday. I must say the game is really amazing. Although I love the original more but this game is really amazing (coz the shock value is now gone). The game is not scary at first but in later parts it becomes really scary particularly after boarding Ishimura again.

There are many memorable moments in the game. The end was really amazing. Will play this game again. :D

^Dude, easy with the spoilers of the last chapter. Some people still haven't completed the game. :p

BTW,
I would just dismember it's legs with my Plasma cutter, use stasis once it was down and get fish out of there. :D

sugat123 said:
Ok, how did you guys dispose the regenerating necromorph in the end. I locked that bastard three rooms away still he came up on elevator in chapter 14.
You cannot do anything but escape from the Ubermorph. If you recall DS 1 had the hunter, which regenerates itself similarly and later was killed inside a cryo chamber.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

jojothedragon said:
Last night i reached chapter 13. I'm wearing the advanced suit now. Its was so cheap only 36K credits. Any other suits i should be aware of?
Nope. That's the best you can get without accessing the EA store. The elite advanced suit cannot be acquired due to some glitch in the game. :p

I used following weapons during DS2:

1) Plasma cutter - General use.

2) Javelin Gun - Useful to take out big necromorphs.

3) Ripper - My favorite weapon from first game. Works nicely with every necromorph especially the pack. Problem is accuracy.

Worst necromorphs in DS2:

1) Leaper (Also in DS1)

2) The regenerating necromorph - Ubermorph. PITA.
3) The Stalker. I always get a shock when it runs towards Isaac wailing loudly which causes me to miss the stasis.

4) Puker - this thing gives more head ache than scares. Health depleter.

Which one(s) you found the most gross. I for one just feel weird when I see that thing moaning and stuck on the wall and it blows up. Aggghhhhh...makes my stomach churn. Also the one stuck on the wall, wailing, and spitting out eggs which in turn generate a spitting tail. Gross...! Tried to run past it and was cleanly head chopped off.

Necromorphs.

^ Oh yeah the guardians! That one is a serious pain if you try dealing with the usual weaponry. Luckily there weren't many of those in this game though. Anil, if you notice carefully, wherever the guardians are around, you are bound to find the gas canisters so you can quickly dispatch them by using the kinesis to grab them and throw them at the creature. Else it'd keep spitting the pods.

^^

Those stickies are grabable..oh yes..anything moving.

But which ones are Guardians -- the egg spitters or the shi$$ which just moan and burst and hit you smack with a volatile liquid. Though terminated the egg spitters by slicing of each tentacle (5-6) which show up periodically.

^The guardians are the egg spitters. :)

The ones you are referring to are perhaps the exploders who enter the scene with that glowing yellow bag which explodes upon contact or gunfire.

Gannu said:
The elite advanced suit cannot be acquired due to some glitch in the game. :p
You can get those elite suits(+new guns including the hand cannon) with the save file posted by me on previous page. ;)

teracore said:
You can get those elite suits(+new guns including the hand cannon) with the save file posted by me on previous page. ;)
That is a glitch obv.

asingh said:
Which one(s) you found the most gross. I for one just feel weird when I see that thing moaning and stuck on the wall and it blows up. Aggghhhhh...makes my stomach churn. Also the one stuck on the wall, wailing, and spitting out eggs which in turn generate a spitting tail. Gross...! Tried to run past it and was cleanly head chopped off.

Necromorphs.

The Spitter was the one I found to be a really gross necromorph, closely followed by the Pregnant necro.

hey guys

is this better than resident evil 5

let me know

if possible i will this a shot

really looking something else than usual FPS

RE 5 is not a survival horror, but deadspace 2 is so no comparision

dinjo said:
RE 5 is not a survival horror, but deadspace 2 is so no comparision
Resident Evil IS indeed a survival horror TPS series. Not sure which genre would it classify according to you otherwise. :S

BoRNTeRRI3T said:
hey guys

let me know

Found DS2 much better. Give it a try.

Resident Evil IS indeed a survival horror TPS series. Not sure which genre would it classify according to you otherwise.

RE5 lost the Survival Horror title in its 5th Installment it was more of TPS, RE4 was indeed Survival Horror.

dinjo said:
RE5 lost the Survival Horror title in its 5th Installment it was more of TPS, RE4 was indeed Survival Horror.
Oh alright. More like your verdict. :p

Agreed, RE5 had fewer bits of survival horror elements compared to the previous title.

BoRNTeRRI3T said:
hey guys

let me know

I played RE 5 for some time and it not survival horror at all. You have a partner unlike Dead Space where you are alone. But both are good games. I find RE 5 graphics much better than DS 2.

asingh said:

Necromorphs.
It would be the sciencemorph's head for me. You know, the one who is wearing the the scientist coat and all its organs start moving after you kill them? If you fail the button tapping sequence when the head attacks you, its rips off Issac's head and replaces it with itself. Pretty gross.

jojothedragon said:
It would be the sciencemorph's head for me. You know, the one who is wearing the the scientist coat and all its organs start moving after you kill them? If you fail the button tapping sequence when the head attacks you, its rips off Issac's head and replaces it with itself. Pretty gross.
Damn I think i missed the death sequence with this one! Almost all of them were plain awesome. Was a treat to watch Clarke getting to die each time with a new species of necroshit. :D

Back