Dead Space 3 - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
and Isaac Combats Icy Environment. :D

EA’s popular survival horror franchise Dead Space is almost certain to get a third installment, and if a recent rumor pans out to be true, our hero may be headed to a very different environment.

It looks like Visceral Games and Electronic Arts are having a really difficult time keeping Dead Space 3 under wraps, as last week a poster for the game was spotted while an Israeli News Show was taking a tour of the Redwood Shores office.

This time, a ‘reliable source’ has informed Siliconera that some major changes are heading to the third installment, especially in terms of the game’s setting. According to the source, the game begins as Isaac crashes on a planet known as Tau Volantis, “an icy planet where Isaac Clarke has to wade through white-out blizzard conditions.†Our hero also joins back up with Ellie from Dead Space 2 and Jennifer, a completely new character. In addition, instead of Necromorphs, it looks like our favorite engineer’s new adversary is known as The Hive Mind.

While EA has yet to offer any official word on whether or not these reports are true, there’s a good chance this source is accurate, considering the publisher’s shoddy past with keeping secrets.

Source: Rumor: Dead Space 3 Details Leak, Isaac Combats Icy Environment | PlayStation LifeStyle

and this: Israeli News Show Outs Dead Space 3 | PlayStation LifeStyle

Re: [Rumorsville] Dead Space 3 Details Leak!

Want DISMEMBERMENT! :eek:hyeah:

Interesting nonetheless. Not even an year since the sequel was out! Q4 2012 or early 2013 release? :p

And i still have to play Dead space 2 :ashamed:

^Yeah me too. :p First one was awesome.! Plus the rumors about the 3rd are Chilling :D. But No-GPU=No Gaming. :(

More rumors turn up at Siliconera! :p

In the beginning, Dead Space 3 is set aboard a command center where Isaac talks to the Captain. He sends Isaac on a mission to rescue a woman on Tau Volantis and bring her back to Mars. Isaac accepts the mission because there is a warrant out for his arrest and his alternative is to deal with EarthGov. He reluctantly descends on to the iceball along with Ellie.

Read the rest here. Be warned however, there seem to be some major spoilers. I left it right there!

Isaac Clarke, You've Changed In Dead Space 3 | Siliconera

dinjo said:
And i still have to play Dead space 2 :ashamed:

It is never too late. Do play it with your new pair of Audio Technica cans.

Kotaku said:
The third entry will also supposedly be the last Dead Space to feature engineer Isaac as the protagonist, thus ending a trilogy.

After that the Dead Space franchise is, as previously mentioned, moving on to an action-heavy Dead Space game. Think Uncharted in space.

EA Wants To Make a Dead Space First-Person-Shooter (And More!)

OK so it appears that EA has found their next IP a la COD. :|

I can hear the eerie dead space version of twinkle twinkle little star...

[YOUTUBE]bb4VA1p5KQk[/YOUTUBE]

^Why are you posting Dead Space teaser video :p I got excited for few seconds :lol:

Gannu said:
EA Wants To Make a Dead Space First-Person-Shooter (And More!)

OK so it appears that EA has found their next IP a la COD. :|

Blistering barnacles Gannu Sir please don't curse this excellent horror-TPS with that game called CoD
[after playing Modern Warfare 3 halfway I was glad I pirated it instead of draining 3000/- quid on it]
, anyways Dead Space 2 left me a lot to chew on and 1 was a great initiation into some of the best game characters I had seen in a long time.

Gannu said:
It is never too late. Do play it with your new pair of Audio Technica cans.

I started the game on PC but the game has not too good checkpoint system which pissed me off.

^^ I found it more than adequate on most levels, yes some points were annoying [especially the space-suit ejection rodeo] but apart from that I find the saves were adequate to the point they weren't annoying me OR making me feel that they stifled my progress.

@alpha, amandeep: I meant milking the franchise wise. :p

dinjo said:
I started the game on PC but the game has not too good checkpoint system which pissed me off.

You should give it a shot now. On the X360. I'd say grab Dead Space and then Dead Space 2. You will easily get used to the check points after the first few chapters. This is a brilliant survival-horror series not to be missed on.

Did someone say COD?

rtngb.png

:rofl::rofl:

dinjo said:
Come on really? it has a lot of save points for a 'survival' horror game. They should have lesser save points. I don't mind fp view as long as third person view is not done away with.

I absolutely dug that game.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

^^ First person will kill this game. What will be the difference between this and half a dozen lame shooters on the market.

Aman27deep said:
They're not releasing it every year = no COD :p

Neither are they recycling the character of Capt. Price.

On an off hand note, that guy looks like he ~40 years old, how is he still a frickkin' Capt.!!

No First person will not kill this game as long as Third Person View is also made available.

Why would anyone want to play as Commander Shepard, Batman, or Isaac in First person.

quixand said:
Why would anyone want to play as Commander Shepard, Batman, or Isaac in First person.

You know why any one plays a game OR reads a good novel because the camera[himself - in a third person view] and the character[in a FPS] appeal to him / her. I really liked Call of Duty 1 / 2 / Modern Warfare and World at War, but after that when Modern Warfare 2 was released it became hopeless, the story devolved from the intriguing Modern Warfare theme into a one man vendetta to kill Makarov. That is what has got me pissed, but now I'm flaming. Peace.

Also this is Capt. Price -- John McAleese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I can't play Dead Space with the volume on. It scares the living s**t out of me :ashamed:

So when i got Dead Space 2 for some reason I thought i would be able to play in a 'different state of mind' if you know what i mean ;).So i get zonked and try dead space 2....

I s**t myself so bad i had to curl up into a ball and sleep under the bed.

So first or third person i have a lot respect for Dead Space and the people who completed it.I'll try these game after I grow a pair :ashamed:

Back