Dead Space 3 - Discussion Thread

I hope they don't screw this game up, don't add co-op to a game that doesn't need one (Until it has a totally different co-op campaign like Portal 2).

First Dead Space 3 screenshots (co-op play revealed):

41102738.jpg

57292705.jpg

44813243.jpg

60840073.jpg

93135787.jpg

64924891.jpg

Source: The Six Axis

Co-Op gameplay partner details --

Name: Sargent John Carver
Employer: EARTHGOV
Distinguishing features: wears a full combat RIG system [with a cool looking RED visor / HUD element].

John Carver's story is explained in the trailer for Dead Space 3 Graphic Novel, so finally we see another guy who has lost his family and certain true love (why does this only happen in Hollywood and games) to the Necromorphs and has decided to go on a personal quest to save them.

Sadly that doesn't look like Frostbite engine to me. Maybe a blessing in disguise though.

Must be a W.I.P., the original gameplay slice; maybe they will implement the graphical bits later. But it still looks better than CoD.

Love Mr. Carver's RIG especially his mask fairing and contours; his RED HUD element is also in complete contrast to Isaac's blue element. Isaac looks grizzled just like a man on the run. Can have some lovely banter between these guys [is Carver the shadow those guys were speculating about].

I hope they don't screw this game up, don't add co-op to a game that doesn't need one (Until it has a totally different co-op campaign like Portal 2).

Lets not count the chicken before the eggs hatch. Cheerio!!

Dead Space graphic novel short

The more I watch trailers like these, the more I fall into love with the Dead Space art style. Call me demented but, there is a twisted dark beauty in all of this; the vacant stares, the limbs caught in a mid-spasm and a broken human body + some intense sound editing = VISCERAL Entertainment!!

Thanks for the trailer Sire, Cheerio!!

Details from Game Informer:

Co-op confirmed
No competitive multiplayer in DS3
Now has universal ammo pickups
Cover system added
Co-op will have different cut-scenes and interactions between Isaac and Carver.
Zero space gravity section and dark corridors will be present as they were in previous Dead Space titles.
Fodders & Feeders are a new type of necromorphs.
Visceral games calls these new necromorphs “The snow beast”.
Nexus Feeders is a 30 story tall centipede necromorph. This is “what happens when a human isn’t actually infected by a Swarm or by a Divider heads”
Icy Planet is called Tau Volantis,
Fodder transform into two different necromorphs depending on how you kill them
Ammo drops are more plentiful
They want DS3 to be less linear than 2 & 1; be able to explore large environments and find “unique beta missions” that aren’t required to complete the main game
You can slap different guns together like a Plasma cutter/Ripper combo,Visceral didn’t say “how exactly these weapon mods work” but GI noticed enemies drop Scrap metal and ‘tungsten’ now.

Source: The Paranoid Gamer

Hmmm, need more gore and shock element rather than fluid action.

Also I loved playing this game alone in quiet. That coop character was getting on my nerves, this ain't cod.

Thank heavens they are still using the Visceral Tech engine. It's an amazing engine and scales very well on the PC. Co-op seems like a good addition, but I'll probably first attempt it solo and then move onto co-op on higher difficulty.

Thank heavens they are still using the Visceral Tech engine. It's an amazing engine and scales very well on the PC. Co-op seems like a good addition, but I'll probably first attempt it solo and then move onto co-op on higher difficulty.

Very true. That engine is really good, and looks great too. Even ran properly (DS1 on all high @ 1280x1024) on my ancient HD 4670.

Totally unnecessary sequel, DS1 is one of my fav games, DS2 lacked some of the creepiness that surrounded USG Ishimura but it was still ok.
This is just like a gears rip off and it will be less creepy due to the co-op feature. My friend said there's a similar scene in Gears 2 where the player character gets swallowed by a bug.

Totally unnecessary sequel, DS1 is one of my fav games, DS2 lacked some of the creepiness that surrounded USG Ishimura but it was still ok.
This is just like a gears rip off and it will be less creepy due to the co-op feature. My friend said there's a similar scene in Gears 2 where the player character gets swallowed by a bug.

Agreed. DS1 was really nice and had good moments where those necromorphs would creep up on you from behind. DS2 wasn't as good.
Anyhow, since DS3 will be releasing, let's just hope it's good.

EDIT: Sorry I take back my words. After watching that gameplay, there are no hopes. :|

The gameplay reminds me of Army of Two somehow; the survival horror element is out the window thanks to the rapid firing weapon systems.

On a side-note I liked the new Necromorph concepts.

Back