Defending yourself against people who are physically stronger than you.

I've never gotten into a proper physical fight either but I've had some close calls. That being said, you have to embrace the fact that getting into physical fights can become a reality in anyone's life. I've seen people get pounded to paste and I wouldn't want to be in that situation. If I were, I would like to know how to defend myself effectively.

try to find a radioactive spider, and see if u r lucky !

Another OinkBoink thread!

I've been in a few unavoidable physical fights, both in Delhi and in Tamil Nadu! Who said fights dont happen in Tamil Nadu? As someone of average size, average strength and some very basic martial arts training, I can tell you that surviving a fight is all about luck. I've been attacked by people that were smaller than me and by people bigger than me. I got away by keeping calm and trying not to panic. But I couldn't have got away if luck hadn't been on my side.

If you can't run away grab whatever you can, be it a chair, a crowbar, or even youre own watch and use it as a weapon. Always fight dirty, go for the legs, especially the knee and back of the leg. Don't go for the eyes, groin etc. That sounds great in theory but its really hard to hit a small target like that. The idea is to bring the attacker down so you have enough time to run away.

If you're outnumbered just curl into a ball and cover your head. You can recover from almost any physical assault as long as you protect your head. The adrenaline will protect you from immediate pain. If your'e lucky, they will take a breather and leave you enough of a window for you to run away.

Marshal Arts are not for fantasy films, they are basically defense techniques. If it's feasible, learn some basics of Karate/Judo/Krav Maga. If you can't, watch a few self defense videos and try to understand whether/why they would work rather than trying to memorize the moves. They all mainly focus on keeping calm, using your opponent's strength against him, make him loose his balance etc. Remember to keep your composer and assess the situation. It is always better to avoid a fight rather to save some money/valuables/ego since today's people have very hot tempers / political connection / heavy drinking problem.

Marshal Arts are not for fantasy films, they are basically defense techniques. If it's feasible, learn some basics of Karate/Judo/Krav Maga. If you can't, watch a few self defense videos and try to understand whether/why they would work rather than trying to memorize the moves. They all mainly focus on keeping calm, using your opponent's strength against him, make him loose his balance etc. Remember to keep your composer and assess the situation. It is always better to avoid a fight rather to save some money/valuables/ego since today's people have very hot tempers / political connection / heavy drinking problem.

Bah. I didn't mean that martial arts are for fantasy films. Read my post again. Learning self defence techniques is definitely a good thing. I was just trying to assess the practicality of the whole thing.

Simply say to him that his sister is madly in love with you and if he does anything to you, his sister will end her life.
If he has no sister, vice-verse the story on grounds of brother ;)

In the Onion movie there is a scene , where a guy is beaten badly , he goes to a Guru and learns the art of cock punching :p , he becomes so accurate that he can punch the balls of any person while riding motorcycle or in any condition , maybe you can tr ylearning that thing and be know as the CockPuncher :D

I am startled at how common you guys make physical fights sound like. I am from Tamil Nadu and I haven't got into a single fight ever, in my life. And I've never seen one either other than those petty fights in the school bus between the juniors.

Whats Tamil Nadu got to do with anything, buddy
are you implying something :p

If you ever get caught in such situation use some of the Salman khan dialogues with full confidence, may be it will prove fruitfull :p

Just for ex: "Mein tere area main aake, tere potte ke samne, tere ghar mein ghuske teru ku marunga"

Best option is to run away from the scene as fast as possible. other options would be to learn atleast basic forms of defense. learn some basic boxing skills too. one good hit on the jaw from even the most inexperienced person could send a heavyweight down on his knees.
i'd also like to add that inevitably, the smarter you are the better you are in avoiding or saving your life in such situations. you need to think in split seconds to get that advantage over your opponent. you should be able to make anything lying around your weapon and use it to advantage.

on a side note, some of the comments on anandtech are hilarious.

Back