DEFY vs Xperia X10

NDragger

Disciple
I have been reading various threads and posts about DEFY and decided to go for it but unfortunately it was out of stock :(
I saw a good offer SE Xperia X10 @ Rs 16000/-
Xperia has pros over Defy faster processor, big screen and yes today SE rolled out GingerBread Update.
so should i still go for Defy or Xperia X10.
and one more question, Letsbuy coupon code ( ICICILB) works with cash on delivery ?

emmarbee said:
Prove this! [with respect to hummingbird]

:) I guess he is referring to quadrant scores for CPU scores (which we all know can be "fixed", by changing filesystem,enabling/disabling stagefright,etc) for phones running stock firmwares. Imho The TI/Cortex SOC are ahead both in cpu/gpu and also better power efficiency.
Neocore which mainly looks at Gpu is almost same for qualcom and TI/Samsung SOC. after all the Neocore app for android has been developed by Qualcomm. ;)

Ofcourse It is difficult to compare 2 different generations of processors/SOC in android because there is uniform testing/benchmark app for android OS vis-a-vis 3dmark/pcvantage etc.

@emmarbee and @aka911:

Hello. I never base my research on benchmark as I believe it can be manipulated to get scores that puts even dual core to shame. Plus Linpack and Neocore is more oriented towards Qualcomm. When I said Cpu processor speed, I meant Instructions per second performed by the processor. Snapdragon QSD 8250 compared to Hummingbird and OMAP 3430 (Defy) has more instructions per second.

Now I understand that the previous gen used 65nm instead of 45nm used by hummingbird.

When looking at Defy and Xperia X10, I still stand by saying that Instruction per second is higher on QSD8250 compared to OMAP3430.

Now I understand that when I said "much better" That might be misconstrued as saying that it is light years better than other processors. I will correct my statement. It is slightly better than Hummingbird and much better than OMAP 3430

So if I type a URL (let's say flash based) in browser, it'll load much faster in QSD8250 than HummingBird?
If I unzip a certain archive, it'll be much faster in 8250 than HB? And such CPU intensive apps will be better off with 8250 than HB? I HIGHLY doubt that. Hummingbird chipset has been considered as the best by many reviewers and even I was in that assumption. Prove me wrong.

aradhakr84 said:
@emmarbee and @aka911:

Hello. I never base my research on benchmark as I believe it can be manipulated to get scores that puts even dual core to shame. Plus Linpack and Neocore is more oriented towards Qualcomm. When I said Cpu processor speed, I meant Instructions per second performed by the processor. Snapdragon QSD 8250 compared to Hummingbird and OMAP 3430 (Defy) has more instructions per second.

Now I understand that the previous gen used 65nm instead of 45nm used by hummingbird.

When looking at Defy and Xperia X10, I still stand by saying that Instruction per second is higher on QSD8250 compared to OMAP3430.

Now I understand that when I said "much better" That might be misconstrued as saying that it is light years better than other processors. I will correct my statement. It is slightly better than Hummingbird and much better than OMAP 3430

X10's Display is of 65K and not 16M. So no upgrade will bring 16M colors..

I suggest you go for Defy if Cam is Not a Priority and X10 if Cam, Facebooking,Video Recording are your top priorities.

Back