Delhi gang-rapists sentenced to death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then your first post was OT. And so was my post in response to your first post. Your second post sympathizes with the Delhi gang rape victims family. Why contradict yourself?
My first post was not OT, if you see I've clearly highlighted Rape, Minor Rape and corruption in the screenshot.

Rape, minor rape and corruption are no longer punishable by death according to the new policy. In your first post you support the new Chinese policy but then disapprove of opinions condemning the DP for the Delhi gang-rape case?!??
Yes, That is the mistake with Wikipedia, The 13 crimes that are no longer punishable by death are mainly financial and non-violent and include tax fraud and "fraudulent activities involving financial bills". Also wiped from the list of crimes punishable by death are the smuggling of cultural relics and dealing in endangered wildlife.(Courtesy Chinadaily).

http://jurist.org/paperchase/2011/02/china-drops-death-penalty-for-13-non-violent-crimes.php
http://jurist.org/paperchase/2011/05/china-laws-limiting-death-penalty-take-effect.php

Just imagine if they are not going to punish CP for embezzlement; rape of children; fraud; bombing; people trafficking; piracy; rape; corruption; arson; murder; poaching; endangerment of national security; terrorism then what are they going to provide it for? lol

Last edited:
Wonder why no one has corrected it so far? Initially i was under the impression that the Chinese government approved of the amendment only because they were successful in substantially reducing crimes such as people trafficking and rape.
I wonder myself, maybe we are the only one who are refering all these sources (personally I like to talk/discuss/debate with a source/proof), you believe me China is last country going soft on criminals :) so no chance of amendment in these cases.

Supporting the DP will probably make you feel better but cannot guarantee happiness for the victims family.

Well, no punishment is ever going to give any victim or their family any joy, but in this particular context, it will sure as hell stop the culprit from repeating the crime and it will stop other potential criminals.

@ithehappy, I understand that you have very strong views on the topic, which I too have and I think everyone should have (no one on this forum wants any women to suffer in that way) but putting those views politely will make others to listen and not the way you are putting it. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, is it (Any links)? I don't think that it's a sign of progress, it's only because of sheer international pressure. I don't know why people condemn Capital Punishment in rape + aggravated murder cases (like delhi). GOD FORBID but I say that they should try to live the pain of the victim and her family once and then decide. Sitting outside and talking big is very simple.
I agree with this dude in totality. I mean, really, what rights does the judiciary have to decide punishment when they haven't gone through the pain of the victim. I think me and #paarkhi should start a petition about letting judges who are themselves rape victims to preside over such cases. Equanimity and temperance are totally overrated.

Well, no punishment is ever going to give any victim or their family any joy, but in this particular context, it will sure as hell stop the culprit from repeating the crime and it will stop other potential criminals.
I hope you didn't waste a lot of time coming up with that reasoning because it's kinda fallacious. I mean, why should we frolic about hatchet-in-hand to decapitate folks because we care more about scaring the rest of the populace rather than doling out a spoonful of justice. And we'd be debating that if strongly punitive actions actually acted as a (five As in a row, woo!) deterrent. Unfortunately, for you, they don't. Then there's the whole argument there being a class bias when it comes to deciding who's to deter 'potential criminals' diddling our women, by getting his neck stretched.

^^ I don't really care what you think about my reasoning. You wouldn't act so haughty if somebody close to you becomes a victim. What do you think would really happen if a rape victim is allowed to preside over such cases and lets say given free reign to choose punishment without being bound to the laws of the land? Death would be one of the least possible punishments to atone for the their pain and humiliation.

In any case, I don't see a damn reason to keep convicted criminals of such crimes alive at the expense of tax payers and pain of victims families. Get rid of them and be done. We are no longer in medieval times, so we no longer have any better way of punishing such crimes so as to set an example.The system of punishment even exists for the sole reason of an setting example to the criminals so that they don't repeat their crimes again and to deter others who may want to follow in their foot steps. Some crimes like these are ones that you can ever afford some one a second chance to repeat. I would rather that such people go to the gallows than be patted on the back and let loose into the public after a few years because its independence day.

If a death sentence deters the next person who thinks they can do as they please, all the better, even if not, we are at least saving precious resources that may better serve a more eligible animal or human. Also, Fear is a much better deterrent than you give it credit for.

This has been one of the most eye opening threads that I have ever been part of. I wonder why my parents taught me the values of being a good citizen when we have dudes standing up for the right of sadistic murders and rapists. My idea is that together with the criminals these morons should also be hanged. We are a country of 1.3 billion plus and I am sure they will not be missed.

@sid_donnydarko You are the idiot in this whole thread who has been fighting with most other sane members of the community in an order to put your pathetic points forward. As I said people with IQ less than an acceptable level should be thrown out of this forum. You are the one who is name calling to me and to other members several times in the course of this discussion. Even in my last comment I had refrained from taking individual names to try and preserve some semblance of sanity.

Like I said, we are on different planes and for me you are no worse than the murderer himself and your pathetic attempts to defend them and give "gyaan" justifies the same.
No more arguing with you and wasting time.

@sid_donnydarko You are not in a rationalist forum, where the members follow all the sane principles of discussions and arguments, trying to avoid as many logical fallacies as possible. Soon, your tone would also be questioned, and then your character (some of which has already started long back). My advice: abandon thread :stop:

If you'd have enrolled for this course on Coursera, then you would've clearly understood that this discussion is not going where it should. All eyes are focused only on you now, not on what you say.

Last edited:
@sid_donnydarko You are the idiot in this whole thread who has been fighting with most other sane members of the community in an order to put your pathetic points forward. As I said people with IQ less than an acceptable level should be thrown out of this forum. You are the one who is name calling to me and to other members several times in the course of this discussion. Even in my last comment I had refrained from taking individual names to try and preserve some semblance of sanity.
Like I said, we are on different planes and for me you are no worse than the murderer himself and your pathetic attempts to defend them and give "gyaan" justifies the same.
No more arguing with you and wasting time.
Classifying all those who agree with you as sane is probably the best way to remain stuck in a parochial mindset, especially seeing how you didn't bother giving any reason. I mean I like invectives as much as the next guy, but, come on, you could've spent some time thinking why you support what you do.
I had refrained from taking individual names to try and preserve some semblance of sanity
For someone who harps about sanity, you seem to exhibit a lack of it. This isn't your bedroom we're having a discussion in, you don't have the prerogative to decide how you want to act. On an internet forum such as this, your high degree of self-righteousness won't save from getting your butt thrown out if you get uppity.

When i asked why is it that TE members failed to recognize the grave fact that the assailants were ordinary civilians no different from all of us, i neither directly nor indirectly supported them.

I really do not get this chain of thought...? Are not all miscreants and criminals also part of society. Who is not part of society..? You keep questioning and raising the logic: that these men were part of "us"; and more investigation should be done, with greater brevity..? What more you want..? Could you tell us..? Should a psycho-analysis be done for all the people we think did the crime. Should the male friend of the deceased be cross-questioned more..? I really do not get, what more you want..? It just sounds you are saying all this for the heck of it...?

You wrote:

Two months and 10 pages later, not a single member cares to be deeply introspective by asking themselves
a) what would drive the likes of a bus-driver, a gym instructor, a fruit seller and an unemployed juvenile to commit such a brutal crime
b) if they'd commit the same crime if they were in the shoes of the guilty who lived ordinary lives with no criminal record prior to the rape
c) if their judgement was being heavily influenced by the media hype

Judging by the responses so far, all i can say is that i'm glad to be part of the IT industry.

a) Why do we need to know what drove these men to commit these crimes...? They committed a crime, were proven to do so, and handed out a penalty. That is how life works. Post crime societal studies can be done later on. Is it really oblivious to you why forced-sex is committed..? I really wonder. People stop thinking with their brain, when they do all this. Plus the physical battery/assault (method) really needs no further analysis.
b) Why again..? Like that any crime in this world can be questioned. Can this analysis not happen after they have undergone their proceedings...? Why before.
c) Again we are splitting hairs.

What has IT industry got to do with our responses here. LOL.

@sid_donnydarko You are not in a rationalist forum, where the members follow all the sane principles of discussions and arguments, trying to avoid as many logical fallacies as possible. Soon, your tone would also be questioned, and then your character (some of which has already started long back). My advice: abandon thread :stop:

If you'd have enrolled for this course on Coursera, then you would've clearly understood that this discussion is not going where it should. All eyes are focused only on you now, not on what you say.
If people have to resort to ad-hominems or character assasinations then its a sure sign of a lack of ammo on their part :D

Very common tactic.

Does not matter how many people disagree. I think disagree = spam

Can they counter. Otherwise your point stands.

We have one girl dead with her guts ripped out in the middle of the street and we have some folks still saying that more investigation needs to be done. Well, what do we investigate s)was it her guts or not b) was the girl who was taken to singapore the actual victim. Maybe not and we have a C grade Hollywood murder mystery.

@asingh well you cant argue with such people and these very people actually have the balls to say that the forum is not rational and they are somehow in the correct.

@sid : What about the heartfelt first hand account of the victim's friend on Zee news. That was enough for me to wish the most painful punishment possible on the perpertrators.

My funda is People have created societies so that they can help each other grow and enjoy each other's companionship. But if one can't be a part of this society , behaving in inhuman ways, we have no option except to lock you up or to ensure you are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back