PC Peripherals Dell dragged to consumer court for over-pricing and faulty service

rahulyo

Skilled
Jun 11, 2007
Nashik,Maharashtra
On August 2 2009 major computer manufacturer Dell has been issued a notice by a consumer court based in Shalimar Bagh Delhi for over pricing its products and providing faulty service. Dell India has been asked by the court to file its responses by 21 Dec, which has been scheduled as the next date for the hearing on the case.
Source :-

Dell dragged to consumer court for over-pricing and faulty service
So any one face problem with Dell Products and Services ???

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
“Except the hard-disk and processor (which are of Toshiba and Intel make, respectively), almost each and every part has either been replaced or is not functioning properly due to manufacturing defects and poor quality of spares supplied for the laptop,” he said. In the complaint Raheja also mentioned that Dell is exploiting Indian customers for profits, by over charging for spare parts. He also mentioned that the cost of battery purchased was mentioned as Rs. 2100 on the box while the company charged Rs. 5152 for the same. “We have contacted the company on many occasions but lame excuses were provided by the irresponsible staff. And on some occasions, no response was received,” Raheja added.

Pathetic indeed.

Vandal

Skilled
Nov 9, 2005
^Why feel sorry for them? Overpricing on components is commonplace, especially the higher end ones. Just look at their premium panel prices - grossly overcharging.

countrock

Adept
Mar 16, 2007
the led lcd screen on a studio xps 13 is 16K. i had to get mine replaced due to faulty connector or something.

techster

Adept
Aug 28, 2007
They do make laptop consumers pay through the nose after the warranty period expires. They gave a bill of 17k to my friend to replace his 160GB hard drive. Fitting charges extra (approx 4k). I saw the bill with my own eyes. No shit :S

rahulyo

Skilled
Jun 11, 2007
Nashik,Maharashtra
techster said:
They do make laptop consumers pay through the nose after the warranty period expires. They gave a bill of 17k to my friend to replace his 160GB hard drive. Fitting charges extra (approx 4k). I saw the bill with my own eyes. No shit :S

What 17K for 160Gb HDD & Fitting charge 4K :S

mrintech

Adept
Jun 6, 2009
techster said:

OMG!!! :S This is Insane :ashamed:

I was not expecting such things at least from Dell :(

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
techster said:

Lol so true that. I stumbled upon an option for a measly 2GB RAM upgrade for a Studio 15 laptop recently for like 4k! WTH?!

Ragin_Ice

Adept
Jan 25, 2005
Thats why get a desktop to game and and a low cost light weight laptop for portable computing and garnish it with an extended warranty...........I know almost 20 cases where the user has dumped his older laptop as the cost of replacing the screen is around the 15k mark.

DevinWolf

Adept
May 28, 2009
Every company which "makes" computers like HP, compaq, dell, acer, lenovo deserve such cases against them. This made my day.

viralbug

Skilled
Mar 7, 2007
Navi Mumbai
techster said:

:O:rolleyes::crazeyes:
that is totally insane!!