Laptops Dell laptop order taking ages

camped at the bluedart place till afternoon, and finally got it straight off the truck.

....and the bluetooth mouse is missing a button :|

Contacted customer support. will find out how "good" they are soon..

greenhorn said:
camped at the bluedart place till afternoon, and finally got it straight off the truck.

....and the bluetooth mouse is missing a button :|

Contacted customer support. will find out how "good" they are soon..

And they handed it over to you?! One of my friends who wanted to collect it from the office was told that they can't hand it over to him anywhere except the address mentioned! Some kind of policy between Bluedart and Dell.

to give a very short first impression

- Cover looks metallic, but not the brushed finish i was expecting

- 9 cell baby got back! more than the older inspirons

-IDT Audio. Now that's what I'm talking about. No effing realtek crap. with SRS effects on, sounds quite loud, and with them off, has a good stab at decent clarity. I'm selling my USB DAC

- Plug to brick cable is WAY too short. Its hanging from the plugpoint right now

- RAMS are elpida (yay!)

-HDD is WD (boo!)

-Left rear of laptop gets pretty hot. my right knee is almost toast !

-LED screen is gorgeous

-keyboard is better than the MSI laptops, but needs some getting used to

- build quality is no great shakes. plenty of creaky joints and flex

- metallic finish surfaces are fingerprint magnets

- most ports in the rear is a bit annoying

- DVDR lid keeps coming open if you grab it by the side

- touchpad is nice. more sensitive and easier to use than the toshiba ones our managers use

damn mouse. Feels good to hold and white LED's make it look a lot more expensive. pity it had all the buttons!

greenhorn said:
to give a very short first impression

- Cover looks metallic, but not the brushed finish i was expecting
- 9 cell baby got back! more than the older inspirons
-IDT Audio. Now that's what I'm talking about. No effing realtek crap. with SRS effects on, sounds quite loud, and with them off, has a good stab at decent clarity. I'm selling my USB DAC
- Plug to brick cable is WAY too short. Its hanging from the plugpoint right now
- RAMS are elpida (yay!)
-HDD is WD (boo!)
-Left rear of laptop gets pretty hot. my right knee is almost toast !
-LED screen is gorgeous
-keyboard is better than the MSI laptops, but needs some getting used to
- build quality is no great shakes. plenty of creaky joints and flex
- metallic finish surfaces are fingerprint magnets
- most ports in the rear is a bit annoying
- DVDR lid keeps coming open if you grab it by the side
- touchpad is nice. more sensitive and easier to use than the toshiba ones our managers use
damn mouse. Feels good to hold and white LED's make it look a lot more expensive. pity it had all the buttons!
Congrats.I noticed how you skipped the battery life part :p
bty its
- touchpad is nice. more sensitive and easier to use than the toshiba ones my ex managers use.

Looks like I am also in the same boat! Money transferred on the 16th, current status is in manufacturing. I was told that it would be delivered within 9-10 days. Estimated delivery date shows 03-August-2010. I really don't think they would be able to deliver it within the 3rd. Does anyone have the contact details for the upper management in Dell? It might come in handy soon!

Okay, now the order shows Canceled, that too after a delay of 2 weeks. Can someone in Dell clarify if this is due to the sales tools migration? I got the same reasoning when the order was initially placed and ended up in the canceled status. This is turning out to be one really frustrating affair.

Hmmm, ordered a Studio 14 with the Core i5, 4Gb, 1600x High Res display, 1GB GFX, 6 Cell, 3 Yr complete cover, Backlit Keybrd, Creative Audio on 24th, typing this on the same laptop, delivered on 29th. Paid 50k. The problem is you do not look at the mode of delivery, my quote had stated "By Road", I got it changed to "By Air". That save a lot of time.

psynaps3 said:
Okay, now the order shows Canceled, that too after a delay of 2 weeks. Can someone in Dell clarify if this is due to the sales tools migration? I got the same reasoning when the order was initially placed and ended up in the canceled status. This is turning out to be one really frustrating affair.
This is your chance to get free upgrades from them, just get really mad at them and then ask for free upgrades;)

Just ordered my 2nd Dell! Returned the XPS 15z , and switched to the XPS 15.

They had the order ready to ship in 3 days flat, and then sent it via BlueDart Surface . (Why why why?)

Apparently, all Dell quotes/Order confirmations state that the shipping method is via Air. So, how come we have to put up with BlueDart SurfaceLine , which takes 3+ days for Chennai-Trivandrum !

According to Dell, they ship all orders to Kerala via Surface, even though their sales reps/order confirmations state that the orders will be "air lifted" .

Orders to Kerala do need some extra paperwork, but is does Air cargo actually take longer to clear customs, than road?

Also, when the laptop price includes Air Cargo, should we be settling for Surface ?

Just ordered my 2nd Dell! Returned the XPS 15z , and switched to the XPS 15.

They had the order ready to ship in 3 days flat, and then sent it via BlueDart Surface . (Why why why?)

Apparently, all Dell quotes/Order confirmations state that the shipping method is via Air. So, how come we have to put up with BlueDart SurfaceLine , which takes 3+ days for Chennai-Trivandrum !

According to Dell, they ship all orders to Kerala via Surface, even though their sales reps/order confirmations state that the orders will be "air lifted" .

Orders to Kerala do need some extra paperwork, but is does Air cargo actually take longer to clear customs, than road?

Also, when the laptop price includes Air Cargo, should we be settling for Surface ?

Forms are mandatory, and forms are supplied by your Kerala govt and not Dell, so if there is a delay on the forms front, blame your govt, rest of the states besides central india,West bengal and Kerala dont need the forms and crap, the form requirement is from the commercial tax office of your own govt, ideally Dell must be asking you to go to the commerial tax office and run behind getting the forms and give them to dell so that they can ship, but they dont, they give end to end delivery and do the running behind the forms themselves, Kerala is atleast ok , check out the states like jharkand and uttranchal to get a form you need to run around for minimum 2-3 days

Do you know if you paid bribe at the commerical tax office you can get the forms immediately, Dell cant pay bribe and never will as they cant claim it internally, it all boils down to your respective local state goverments guys thier policies!!

Air or surface Cargo , as long as borders are crossed forms are required, to be honest surface cargo clearance is faster than air cargo when it comes to kerala

About orders being air lifted, orders are air lifted from chennai and are dropped to respective bluedard drop points and they undergo the forms process and deliver it to you

^^ correction bluedart***

Forms are mandatory, and forms are supplied by your Kerala govt and not Dell, so if there is a delay on the forms front, blame your govt, rest of the states besides central india,West bengal and Kerala dont need the forms and crap, the form requirement is from the commercial tax office of your own govt, ideally Dell must be asking you to go to the commerial tax office and run behind getting the forms and give them to dell so that they can ship, but they dont, they give end to end delivery and do the running behind the forms themselves, Kerala is atleast ok , check out the states like jharkand and uttranchal to get a form you need to run around for minimum 2-3 days

Do you know if you paid bribe at the commerical tax office you can get the forms immediately, Dell cant pay bribe and never will as they cant claim it internally, it all boils down to your respective local state goverments guys thier policies!!

Air or surface Cargo , as long as borders are crossed forms are required, to be honest surface cargo clearance is faster than air cargo when it comes to kerala

About orders being air lifted, orders are air lifted from chennai and are dropped to respective bluedard drop points and they undergo the forms process and deliver it to you

^^ correction bluedart***

My point was not about the forms being mandatory. It was about Dells decision to choose Surface cargo over Air cargo.

The price of shipping is included in each laptop, and the invoice also mentions shipping mechanism to by Air.

The question is why Dell chooses surface cargo , i.e. :

-- because it it is cheaper than air cargo?

-- Easier for clearing customs via land than via air?

According to dell, the price of a laptop can vary with each state . They are already passing along the cost to the customer, then why skimp on the mode of transport?

" [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The price excludes VAT (5%) and local taxes which vary basis jurisdiction.​
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

My point was not about the forms being mandatory. It was about Dells decision to choose Surface cargo over Air cargo.

The price of shipping is included in each laptop, and the invoice also mentions shipping mechanism to by Air.

The question is why Dell chooses surface cargo , i.e. :

-- because it it is cheaper than air cargo?

According to dell, the price of a laptop can vary with each state . They are already passing along the cost to the customer, then why skimp on the mode of transport?

"

The price excludes VAT (5%) and local taxes which vary basis jurisdiction.​

Answer :

Back