Laptops Dell Studio XPS 16 - Any alternatives ?

Are people here telling me HP service has improved well over Dell Service to actually recommend it over the XPS 16? Lets be realistic here.

PhOeNiX said:
Well i am planning on buying a new laptop for myself, and i have kind of ended up on the Studio XPS 16. The one i am planning on is with the following configuration

i7-740QM
4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
500GB 7200RPM HDD
1024MB ATi 5670 (I think)

This one comes to around 70k before discounts. Not sure how much it will end up landing for me though.

Now my main reason to buy Dell (especially online) is their service and the quality i have seen in dell laptops. And the XPS has backlit keyboards and a full HD screen, which from the reviews i have seen, seems to be one of the best in the market.

Now are there any options i can look at apart from the XPS with similar features ? The backlit keyboard is something i would like, as that is one of the reasons i am not going for the Studio 15 over the XPS, as for a similar config, i would save around 8k.

I personally don't like HP or Acer laptops. But if it is a good deal i wouldn't mind having a look.

TIA
i7 battery life sucks AFAIK. Try for a faster clocked i5 like the i5 430m, it'll save bucks, give same performance(in gaming with HD5650 mobile) and suck lesser power.

Personal experience, Dell service is very good. Dunno about the metros, but HP takes forever to service anything. Asus=Rashi :p

Back