Dell U2410 - Awesomest :D

BikeAdvice said:
Almost the same here. But they asked me to do a few more tests. Like removing the video cable and seeing if problem persists.

They have to throw that usual troubleshooting crap at everyone.

Its a common policy to assume customer is dumb and start from basics :p

This particular problem is simply due to problems during assembly. The backlight is basically escaping from the edges. Its not a cable problem or anything like that, but hey, they have to follow their procedure of following those common tests ;)

Sent from thin air using Photon 4G.

Um... that's mine :S

That monitor was a gift from my dearest brother ;). My bro is the awesomest :D. He started the show-off thread before I could. In fact he's planning to get one for himself now since it's so awesome ;)

kvikram said:
Um... that's mine :S

That monitor was a gift from my dearest brother ;). My bro is the awesomest :D. He started the show-off thread before I could. In fact he's planning to get one for himself now since it's so awesome ;)

Yours , mine, all the same :D

Hey! My U2311H also has back light bleeding I bought from SMC in the month of Feb 11. Am I eligible for replacemnet now

Using the sRGB color profile right now. I've set the contrast to 50 and I've set the brightness all the way down to 0 to avoid eyestrain.

Fellow U2410 owners, what are your inputs? :)

My 2nd Dell Monitor U2410 arrived today and it has the backlight bleeding problem again :(

See the images below. Going to call Dell again now. :(

My first U2410

[attachment=9338:15995.attach]

Replacement U2410

[attachment=9339:15996.attach]

My Dell 22" (G2210) Monitor with no backlight bleed.

[attachment=9340:15997.attach]

Attachments

• 1st Dell U2410.jpg
    1st Dell U2410.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 2nd Dell U2410.jpg
    2nd Dell U2410.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Old Dell 22 Inch.jpg
    Old Dell 22 Inch.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 147
The bleed itself is not a big problem unless its really bad as long as its just plain white light. The main problem with U2410 is that yellow / red tinge of the bleed thats annoying as it changes the colours at the corners.

Give them call again and say thats not acceptable.

kvikram said:
An upgrade? I don't get u!

people who got repeated problems with the replacement have got better models as a replacement.

on such case was for a te member where he went from a 19 inch monitor to 22 to 24 inch monitor all because they had some faults.

but since yours is a premium model the scope for an upgrade is limited.

BikeAdvice said:
I would like to know about U2410 like monitors on the market. Are the no competitors to it?

For what the Dell Ultrasharp series offer, I don't think there are too many direct competitors in the same price range.

Dell U2410 - The HP ZR24W is a competitor. Less expensive (by $100-$150). A good option if you don't need Wide Gamut.
Dell U2711 - The Apple Cinema Display is in the same price range. Similar monitors, except that the ACD needs a DisplayPort connection on your GPU and is a Glossy display.
Dell U3011 - The HP ZR30W is a competitor. It is missing a hardware scaler and an OSD, so only configuration options are in software, but that does result in better response time than the U3011.

Most other IPS panels are in a higher price bracket. (Eizo, NEC, etc)

@BikeAdvice, hope you dont mind this query here but does Dell offers everybody refurbished monitors as replacements? I called up Dell regarding a replacement and they said they will replace the faulty one with an equal or superior product but in both cases the monitor would be refurbished.

eternoMind said:
@BikeAdvice, hope you dont mind this query here but does Dell offers everybody refurbished monitors as replacements? I called up Dell regarding a replacement and they said they will replace the faulty one with an equal or superior product but in both cases the monitor would be refurbished.

I believe that I got a new replacement. And the reason I guess is that since this is a premium panel, there are no refurbished ones in stock with them. Or may be they sent a new one because I am a premium customer who bought a very costly monitor from them :)

BikeAdvice said:
I believe that I got a new replacement. And the reason I guess is that since this is a premium panel, there are no refurbished ones in stock with them.

Yes could be the reason. The replacement i was talking about was for a 22" TN panel, nothing premium there :ashamed:

Or may be they sent a new one because I am a premium customer who bought a very costly monitor from them :)

LOL :).

Back