Dell XCD35 Android mobile Knockout Deals offer - Indiatimes Shopping

xtremevicky said:
Can you update to 2.2 at home or you have to go to service centre :|

This is my first android ! :|
The service centre is at JC road, they will update it to 2.2 :)
raymasky said:
trying to buy it from indiaplaza but the price still shows up as 8399 in cart :(

i am sure that it was a pricing mistake by indiaplaza, they must have forgot to remove that huge cashback after the recent price drops :p

RS4 said:
The service centre is at JC road, they will update it to 2.2 :)
i am sure that it was a pricing mistake by indiaplaza, they must have forgot to remove that huge cashback after the recent price drops :p

Ok . JC Road is close by . EGL one is also same distance .

Dont say it was a pricing mistake :p . I ordered one :p

xtremevicky said:
Ok . JC Road is close by . EGL one is also same distance .

Dont say it was a pricing mistake :p . I ordered one :p

EGL doesnt have a service centre for phones, its only for laptops. And it was definitely a pricing mistake, the offer survived for long time as people spotted it on saturday night and today in the morning itself indiaplaza removed it, hope they dont cancel the placed orders :p

RS4 said:
EGL doesnt have a service centre for phones, its only for laptops. And it was definitely a pricing mistake, the offer survived for long time as people spotted it on saturday night and today in the morning itself indiaplaza removed it, hope they dont cancel the placed orders :p

I will go to J C Road if they give me the mobile :p .

Spoke to Indiaplaza CC:

You are caller #9....................................................................... :facepalm:
You are caller #8.......................................................................
You are caller #7.......................................................................
You are caller #6.......................................................................
You are caller #3.......................................................................
You are caller #1..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :|

Finally spoke to their CC:

They state that the orders places at the price of 6639/- are confirmed, it was not a pricing/listing mistake, it was their cashback promo offer, and they will be shipping the phones by 28 Sep.
Also, confirmed that it is Android 2.1 only

TheOtherGuy said:
Android 2.1 means with 512MB RAM right? and the screen in OLED or TFT?
Cyanogen mod 7, yea baby!

Doesnt matter if its 2.1 or 256MB or 512MB ram, when service centre upgrades it to 2.2 the ram will also get unlocked to 512 MB, the screen is TFT.

rocker123 said:
Spoke to Indiaplaza CC:

You are caller #9....................................................................... :facepalm:

You are caller #8.......................................................................

You are caller #7.......................................................................

You are caller #6.......................................................................

You are caller #3.......................................................................

You are caller #1..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :|

Finally spoke to their CC:

They state that the orders places at the price of 6639/- are confirmed, it was not a pricing/listing mistake, it was their cashback promo offer, and they will be shipping the phones by 28 Sep.

Also, confirmed that it is Android 2.1 only
That message of yours was so relieving. CM7 here I come :)

Sorry bro, offer expired. The next best offer is at letsbuy.com for 7649/- (after applying amexlb coupon) with free BT headset.

I think I won't find a service centre anywhere close to gwalior, so my question is can I update it to 2.2 myself without voiding the warranty? Samsung firmwares can be easily updated at home. Same doesn't stand true for Dell?

arjun123 said:
I think I won't find a service centre anywhere close to gwalior, so my question is can I update it to 2.2 myself without voiding the warranty?

It's not about voiding the warranty. The 2.2 Dell update is only available to the Dell service center guys. Dell hasn't provided it online or offline.

If you can get the official Dell 2.2 somehow, it's a couple of minutes trivial job to update the cell phone.

Back