Demonetisation and its Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Quint and Scroll.in - Two awesome portals spewing endless hate venom. One should seriously avoid these piece of congressi portals

Thenewsminute.com and The hindu are neutral every time.

Most economies going cashless hope to implement a negative interest rate policy. Unfortunately, for the few places that have tried it, like in Japan, it's been a huge flop. But yeah, holding all our money and then controlling how, when and how much we use it does look like the broad goal of recent events.

Expect severe restrictions on online transactions and removal of interest on savings and deposits or in fact even a negative interest rate (tax) for bank accounts.

People and businessmen will beat the living daylights out of any foolish political party that tries to do this. Whatever is left of the economy will stop dead in its tracks if such a foolish move is made. Any growth we're seeing now will become negative in a few months across all sectors.

If it's done in a gradual phased manner no one will even notice until it's too late.

And going by how smart this govt has proven itself and by how inept and clueless the opposition parties have been, my guess is they'll achieve it. A quick look at history shows that even most dictators' populace basically support them until the very end. Right till he offed himself (allegedly) , Hitler was considered a head of state and even accorded the entitled respect internationally. Only after the irreversible damage was done did people start calling it what it is. I'm sure there were Germans who objected to the Nazi way right from the start, and most certainly they were also called Anti national and unpatriotic and probably shot or gassed. Hey we're lucky, we're still alive (for now)

2018 elections will show how public has taken the decision of Demonetization and what it thinks about BJP? but before that we have elections in 5 states (incl. Uttarakhand)

They will win both state and center again. They have their head in the game, planned perfectly and understand what's required to win the necessary votes. Unlike the opposition. They also have the backing of big business. Unlikely to fall.

Also read this article.

There's a distinct possibility we'll be license raj first before turning into an economic dystopia.

Anyway, I hope this is just Hanlon's razor at work and BJP is just making ******* as it goes ahead because not one of Modi's yes men thought to scrutinize this policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raj thackeray = Gunda..

and In India. there is a respect for Gunda's like Thackeray

where he will decide if Pak citizen can stay in India or not...

Sadly.. people still vote to this type of Gunda's

They will win both state and center again. They have their head in the game, planned perfectly and understand what's required to win the necessary votes. Unlike the opposition. They also have the backing of big business. Unlikely to fall.

Also read this article.
En route to work today, I began a conversation with my cab driver, Pawan Kumar, on demonetisation. “How are you dealing with this?” I asked. A seemingly pensive man, Kumar narrated the difficulties he was facing and how his family was suffering. “If there is no cash in my hands, how will a poor person like me work or buy vegetables? The banks have no money to give, no matter what time of the day you stand in the queue. People cannot access their own money. A man may take a genuine wedding card to show that his daughter is getting married, but there are numerous formalities – eventually he is denied the amount he wants.” Immediately, I interjected, “Would you still vote for Modi in the next elections then?” Kumar responded with a vociferous, “Yes”.

Just reading that article made me realize that Indian people like to suffer for some stupid ideal that will never happen. Probably half the country is like the driver above suffering in silence but will still vote for the party who did this to them. There's no cure for stupidity.

brNI0Kk.jpg

In a way its good that this move has slammed all of us, if Modiji was insidious enough he would have managed to rape India better.

Just reading that article made me realize that Indian people like to suffer for some stupid ideal that will never happen. Probably half the country is like the driver above suffering in silence but will still vote for the party who did this to them. There's no cure for stupidity.

It is not just India though. Whats that old Carlin quote "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.". There was an article in Vox or someplace a few days ago about how people who voted for Trump are now panicking as he plans on dismantling the cheap insurance coverage currently in place, they will literally have loved ones die because they wont have any medical coverage. And this is something he said he would do constantly before being elected. Still now they are shocked. But they still think voting for him was the right thing to do.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Indians are full of Jugaad

In a city like mumbai, old notes are getting exchanged with new notes @ 15-25% rate...
That too very easily...

Whereas we are sparing our precious time in bank lines :mad:

ye hai acche din... MoDi ji....

I had to spend half a day in Mumbai at my bank to deposit my own money , that I had kept in my home for medical emergencies .
Will go tomorrow and withdraw by check tomorrow and waste another half day .

Here is an Completely different scenario for withdrawal...

Banks are taking contact details & asking the amount need to withdrawal..
Then they will call us, depends on the cash availability with Bank..
This can take minimum 2-4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back