Dettol No-Touch Hand Wash 1 Gadget + Refill MRP Rs 450/-

Normal handwash refills cannot be inserted into this, as they come in different packaging than the one required by this product. However, people have found ways to open it up (at the risk of breaking it), and inserted normal handwash refills.

One common complaint is that it dispenses too much soap, and sometimes even without sensing a moving object in front of the sensor.

Normal handwash refills cannot be inserted into this, as they come in different packaging than the one required by this product. However, people have found ways to open it up (at the risk of breaking it), and inserted normal handwash refills.

One common complaint is that it dispenses too much soap, and sometimes even without sensing a moving object in front of the sensor.

So no buying the second one until testing is done.

This one will be an experiment
<

I hope you guys are ordering this thing for 270 and not for 320.

There is a simple way to get it for 270
LOL. in the words of John McClane - Welcome to the party, pal!

Let's have the secret of how to get it for 270. I have a feeling this thread might end up getting this thing for free now that rocker is here.

Just ordered one from snapdeal for 320. It's available at most Hypermarts for the same Rs450/- but the discount of snapdeal won me over
<

I don't see how this is any more than a gimmick! The argument of standard soap dispensers being unhygienic is moronic since you are washing your hands every time after you use them!

LOL. in the words of John McClane - Welcome to the party, pal!

Let's have the secret of how to get it for 270. I have a feeling this thread might end up getting this thing for free now that rocker is here.

You can get it for 320 - 50 = Rs 270/-

1) All you need to do is purchase this deal for Rs. 0 from your SD account

Link: http://www.snapdeal.com/deal-delhi_south_west-fujifilm-finepix

2) Once you have purchased this deal, go to sleep.... Wake up in the morning and you get to see SD cash=50 in your account.

(Exact time when SD cash gets credited in your A/C = 4 AM IST)

3) Use the SD 100 off code and 50 SD cash as well.. (Yes, both the options can be availed in a single order)

Final Price = Rs. 270/-

Is it?
<

What will happen if I use the normal refill?

Am ordering 2, one for home and one for a friend
<

^^ Yes, it is! And how do you plan to use the regular refill?
<

This one comes with a refill that needs to be plugged into the device (like a Parker Fountain pen cartridge or a Goodknight liquidator refill). So, once you plug it in, the seal is breached and the seal is tiny.

So, technically, you might still be able to refill the cartridge with the help of a syringe. We all did that for Parker fountain pens when we were in school (but the pens eventually leaked)!
<

And that is a real PITA. I guess u will need the Digital A$$ wipes after suffering that kind of PITA!
<

Maybe the syringes they use for horses will do the job. Else can't imagine filling ~200ml by syringe!
<

Now Now,

When they aired its ad on TV, and showed; how the dispenser itself can have germs on it. Next thing which I thought was; what about tap, and the bath room door knob. I mean obviously the guy who made your normal soap dispenser DIRTY; must have touched the tap and the door knob as well.

Now Now,

When they aired its ad on TV, and showed; how the dispenser itself can have germs on it. Next thing which I thought was; what about tap, and the bath room door knob. I mean obviously the guy who made your normal soap dispenser DIRTY; must have touched the tap and the door knob as well.

Exactly my point. This is a freebie marketing ploy applied to soap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebie_marketing).

Essentially, they create a 'neat-to-have' product like an automatic soap dispenser which they give away for a discounted price in order to get you to keep paying exorbitant prices for the refills. All that is well and good, but claiming it to be more hygienic than a regular soap dispenser is hogwash. If someone is really that concerned about the hygiene of a dispenser, they should use the good old self cleaning bar-o-soap.

Err, i don't think the components in the 'hi-tech' dispenser are worth even a 100 bucks, so this aint exactly a freebie ploy. Both the dispenser and the refills are exorbitant. I think max 50 bucks for a 200ml refill pack is worth it.

All tech isn't bad though. Like people can argue why use liquid soap in the first place, isn't a bar of soap enough? There are many practical implications behind that. Just like electric toothbrushes are proven to clean better. Actually that's because most people don't use the correct brushing technique in the first place. But end of the day, it's better.

One big-a$$ rip-off freebie is the fusion i should be getting from p&g soon. Free razor and super-expensive blades! But i'll show them, i rarely shave!
<

^^ I use the Gillette Fusion (not a frebie though!). I found that the blades on the Fusion last much lesser than the Mach 3 Turbo!
<

When I was using the M3T, my blade used to last for a month. The Fusion gets rough on the skin is just about 20 days!
<

I've found it progressively getting worse. The twin-blade sensor excel was awesome, didn't find any huge improvement with the m3. But that could just be my skin/beard type. And now with 5 blades it's worse??!! One of my friends uses a classic manual razor with the double sided blade and i can understand why!

You can get it for 320 - 50 = Rs 270/-

1) All you need to do is purchase this deal for Rs. 0 from your SD account

Link: http://www.snapdeal....ujifilm-finepix

2) Once you have purchased this deal, go to sleep.... Wake up in the morning and you get to see SD cash=50 in your account.

(Exact time when SD cash gets credited in your A/C = 4 AM IST)

3) Use the SD 100 off code and 50 SD cash as well.. (Yes, both the options can be availed in a single order)

Final Price = Rs. 270/-

Worked for me. Bought only one though.

^ did not work for me , still not received any Rs 50 cash after 24 hrs.

I've found it progressively getting worse. The twin-blade sensor excel was awesome, didn't find any huge improvement with the m3. But that could just be my skin/beard type. And now with 5 blades it's worse??!! One of my friends uses a classic manual razor with the double sided blade and i can understand why!

I also dont feel much difference in sensor excel/Mach3/fusion

^ did not work for me , still not received any Rs 50 cash after 24 hrs. I also dont feel much difference in sensor excel/Mach3/fusion

I think your mistaken my friend...certainily there is difference in shaving by these 3 razors

Just for info..now a days I don't use these razors..I got phillips trimmer for $15 from bestbuy and it does the job well and cheap too.

^ i wasnt able to notice much difference between Mach3 & fusion both are probably very slightly better than sensor excel , till last year i was using sensor excel and never felt the need to upgrade to Mach3 & only went for Mach3 when it was getting difficult to get sensor excel cartridges.

Back