Devil May Cry 4 - Discussion Thread

Am on level 12 right now & the game is freaking awesome.Unlike the washed out DMC3: Dante's Awakening port for the PC.This one has stunning visuals combined with stylish gameplay.The game is highly scalable.Capcom has really optimised this game to the core.I wish if they could only make an announcement for RE5 on PC then I would be glad to trade my soul.:eek:hyeah:

well its kinda playable with the keyboard.. but its highly recomended to get the xbx 360 gamepad to enjoy it to the fullest.. one hell of a freaking awesme game...

^Ah come on.How costly is a controller these days? :p No one's pushing for an Xbox 360 controller all the way.Even the normal ones which cost merely 250 bucks would do the trick.Plus don't you feel other Third Person action adventure games would require a controller too? Not to mention racing titles, Beat-em-up, Sports etc. do make use of it.Trust me these hack-en-slash titles are best experienced on a gamepad.;)

As for your initial query, the keyboard controls are pre-mapped & it's pretty easy.The standard WSAD for directions & HJKL for action stuff.

I have a generic 250 rupees gamepad. Will I be able to configure the controls according to it?

Ethan_Hunt said I will be able to do that. But will it work optimally or just kam chalau like with the Keyboard?

Ethan_Hunt said:
^Ah come on.How costly is a controller these days? :p No one's pushing for an Xbox 360 controller all the way.Even the normal ones which cost merely 250 bucks would do the trick.Plus don't you feel other Third Person action adventure games would require a controller too? Not to mention racing titles, Beat-em-up, Sports etc. do make use of it.Trust me these hack-en-slash titles are best experienced on a gamepad.;)

As for your initial query, the keyboard controls are pre-mapped & it's pretty easy.The standard WSAD for directions & HJKL for action stuff.

arre... a Xbox360 controller is the one which should be used with such good titles... those elcheepo controllers don't stand a chance... ;)

OK guys,here is a question......for someone new to the franchise (me), would it be better to play the DMC 1,2 and 3 before playing this one ?

i complete 71 % now am at level 7.5 :p yes the games is awesome too much monster :|

i don't use gamepad such xbox 360 control

i use keyboard with double hand slot :rofl:

racy1 said:
^^ getting a controller to play one game doesn't look conducive... :bleh:

and throwing dollers on overclocked -rig and fancy gfx card for one game or two [crysis+3dmark06] is feasiable to u ........:tongue::cool2:

this game runs fantastic even on a ati x1800, the middle level forest is a lil slow but totally playable. Awesome seriously. A controller is a must to play this game. Any ps2 usb rip off controller, which costs max 400 rs is fine with it. no need 2 even configure, works directly. The cutscenes are very cinematic.

DMC1 2 3 etc are not necessary to play I would say. at-least i wont recommend. to follow the story, may b u can just read the wikipedia entry.

dmc1 was good but very old, dmc2 was a bad game anyway. DMC3 was good, dmc3 is also for pc. so may b u can play dmc3 if u really want to.

baccilus said:
I have a generic 250 rupees gamepad. Will I be able to configure the controls according to it?

Ethan_Hunt said I will be able to do that. But will it work optimally or just kam chalau like with the Keyboard?
Yes you will be.The keys will be pre-defined.I have one of those el cheapo PS2 controller look-alikes & that works like a charm.I am very used to the Playstation controller pattern & hence didn't want the 360 controller.But yeah it will work flawlessly with this title.:)

racy1 said:
arre... a Xbox360 controller is the one which should be used with such good titles... those elcheepo controllers don't stand a chance..
Errr...not exactly.It depends on what type of controller you're comfortable with rather than the hyped up one.I find it easier with the control system of the cheap ones & it gets the job done at a lower price too.Not like the quality is that bad either.Plus I have also completed Assassin's Creed on these controllers.Works marvellously.Anyway each to his own.;)

Coming to the main topic, I am now playing as Dante & boy it's very difficult to kill those scarecrows without the Devil Bringer that Nero had.Though Dante's movements & sword slashes are faster it still is a bit difficult without the Devil Bringer.

Neotheone said:
OK guys,here is a question......for someone new to the franchise (me), would it be better to play the DMC 1,2 and 3 before playing this one ?

You don't need to as the story is a fresh one rather than a continuation. However if you want to know the story of the previous games, the story is narrated as part of the bonus content.

Anyway this is a great game, I finished it on the PS3. The PC version also seems to be well made unlike DMC3: SE for PC. This game has great visuals and is not very taxing on your GPU. I got 120 FPS on avg in the DMC DX9 Benchmark with verything on super high and 8X MSAA with just a single HD4850 card.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Coming to the main topic, I am now playing as Dante & boy it's very difficult to kill those scarecrows without the Devil Bringer that Nero had.Though Dante's movements & sword slashes are faster it still is a bit difficult without the Devil Bringer.

Unlike Nero, Dante is super charged in the game. I felt playing the game with Dante made it too easy even with the monsters that Nero had to struggle with. Even the game bosses were a breeze with Dante. I dont know why you are feeling it difficult.

^I guess it's mainly because I am new to the franchise.I haven't touched a single DMC title prior to this.Hence having started with Nero, I got addicted to his Devil Bringer.The buster movements he executed would easily take out all the enemies, especially those SOB's Bianco Angelo & Alto Angelo.:mad:

Without the Devil Bringer I sort of feel lost.But then again may be I don't have much practice with the combos & stuff which is why I am playing DMC 3 on my PS2 as well just to get a feel of it.I haven't encountered a boss yet with Dante but I suppose it wouldn't be as easy as it was with Nero for me.:bleh:

Anyway with all said & done this is one hell of a title.And you will need some history of the characters albeit the storyline being a fresh new one.For a new guy like me I didn't know who Dante's brother was until I read the story in Wikipedia & found out about Vergil.Then went on with all the other connected characters.:)

Back