Devil May Cry 4 - Discussion Thread

Playing currently in PC without controller.

PS: Are these cheap controllers (for Rs250) compatible with all types of games..racing,RPG,FPS, etc.. . Could anyone recommend me a mediocre brand at these prices

What's the big deal about this game? It's a textbook example of severe consolitis.

Overly small maps leading to frequent and irritating breaks in the supposedly fluid gameplay.
A lot of focus on instant gratification with idiotic rewards for even the most basic tasks.
Horrible horrible camera system.

It's sheer button mashing, nothing else.

^God of War was on the same button mashing lines but people have considered it to be the best game on the PS2.Sure it had massive storyline compared to this game but the combat system pretty much involved well "button mashing".Devil May Cry may have been a console only game for long time but DMC 4 is a perfect example of how good a port can be for a console game on PC.Yes the camera movements are irritating when it gets fixed but that's only for the smaller areas but for large ones it has full navigational rotation functions.I'm not saying this game is anything that epic but it's not bad at all.

Infact I am new to DMC series myself but after playing this I am going back to all it's previous instalments on my PS2.That's how much I liked this game.So for some it's just mindless button mashing & for other's it's just fun.

A lot of focus on instant gratification with idiotic rewards for even the most basic tasks.
Explain please? You mean the combat ranking system? If yes then tell me how easy is it to bring up your style to Super Smokin & get rewarded with proud souls for it?

devil cried...DONE!.......completed..........on human.......what a experience it was...awesome:eek:hyeah:
bos fight ware easy........... the fight with savior-the big statue was f# awesome....such a show of bigness:flex: ........was on keyboard all the time.....:rofl:
........going to start next session on higher defficulty on gamepad:cool2: .......one gamepad for one game :rofl:

It isn't very difficult on Devil Hunter as well.The 19th level would really get frustrating & the final fight with Sanctus which would be really tough.Apart from that it would be a piece of cake.But wait till you unlock the Legendary Dark Knight mode & play it.You'll really get a taste of how difficult the game can actually get.It will drive you nuts in the 2nd level itself.:p

i want to finish it but cant !!!!!!

cause ive given promise to kids of my compound that i will play the game only in their presence .... cause they love the game and like 2 see me playin it ;)

on level 11 now ..... 9 more 2 go !!!

Ethan_Hunt said:
It isn't very difficult on Devil Hunter as well.The 19th level would really get frustrating & the final fight with Sanctus which would be really tough.Apart from that it would be a piece of cake.But wait till you unlock the Legendary Dark Knight mode & play it.You'll really get a taste of how difficult the game can actually get.It will drive you nuts in the 2nd level itself.:p

true...........:rofl:.........tough ........:frusty:

is anyone here playing dmc4 with hd4850 on 8.7 beta drivers??

anyone having any problems???

Im having major problems with the game..

what happens is at first during the opening scene suddenly my monitor used to go automatically into powersave mode and screen would go blank and after a while comp hung.. today it finally got through the entire opening scene but while playing the same thing happened???? i tried running other games working like a charm??? what could be the problem??? anyone

satanofgamers said:
is anyone here playing dmc4 with hd4850 on 8.7 beta drivers??
anyone having any problems???
Im having major problems with the game..
what happens is at first during the opening scene suddenly my monitor used to go automatically into powersave mode and screen would go blank and after a while comp hung.. today it finally got through the entire opening scene but while playing the same thing happened???? i tried running other games working like a charm??? what could be the problem??? anyone

What clocks ? Stock ?

problem solved thanks to google god.. just had to turn sli off from the config.ini file and set shadows to high.. worked like a charm... freaking awesome game

im at the torture chamer wich is a major torture :p

just completed the game today on Devil Hunter mode :D.final boss battle was a real pain,it took me lot of time b4 i could finish it off :S..remaining part of the game was easy..nice game.

Completed the game in Human Mode yesterday. Didn't get the alternate ending which had Dante heading out on a mission. How to get that?

Back