Devil May Cry 4 - Discussion Thread

You need to keep Kyrie from being hit for a minute and a half during the ending cut-scene. The "secret" ending is nothing special. Just Tube it in HD.

^Thats it?
Just one question - When battling 'Savior' I nearly brought him down and he was left with a small fraction of health but at the end he just went berserk and I found it very difficult to get close to him. Kept dodging and when I tried to hit him with the sword it just bounced off. At the end it somehow connected and got through.
Is there an easier way to take him out?

Lost a number of green orbs at the end as well but now I know what to do.

^Thats it?

Yes, that's it.

Just one question - When battling 'Savior' I nearly brought him down and he was left with a small fraction of health but at the end he just went berserk and I found it very difficult to get close to him. Kept dodging and when I tried to hit him with the sword it just bounced off. At the end it somehow connected and got through.
Is there an easier way to take him out?

Lost a number of green orbs at the end as well but now I know what to do.

Are you talking about Savior or Sanctus?

Savior is the boss battle from Mission 18 with Dante, while Sanctus is the final boss battle with Nero (followed by a short concluding battle with the false Savior).

prabs: Good job! :)

As for Sanctus, it's been quite a long time, since I even touched the game. I had to YouTube the whole video the remember his move-sets. Thankfully, I had S rank'd that level so many times, that I at least recollect how to counter his moves. The part which you're referring to is when he draws the Sparda and yells "Power of the Sword!" and performs a mad dash towards you. That hit is extremely fatal, if it connects. So the best (and the only) offensive tip I could provide is to use the Buster combo, just before he is about to hit you. This may take a good amount of precision, but if it connects, Nero should be able to counter this move and perform the buster combo. To perform additional damage, switch to Devil Trigger mode (taunt him :p) and then perform the combo.

You won't be able to use your standard sword attack while he's charging the sword, as there is a protective barrier, which will deflects any other attack. So that's a dead end. If you want to go in the defensive way, just roll away, but you'll have to be very quick with this. So the easiest way is to use the combo I mentioned above, it's a guaranteed knock out. :)

Buster did help on both occassions but didn't use the 'Devil Trigger Mode' the first time around.

The second time when Sanctus powered up avoided the 2 successive dashes and when he paused for a while made a exceed attack in Devil Trigger Mode followed by buster and that marked the end of Sanctus or did it?

Might revisit the game some other time with luck I should get DMC HD Collection today.

I may have to re-visit the HD collection. My advice is to save Devil May Cry 3 for the last, as it's undoubtedly, the best in the series. If you thought Sanctus was tough, wait till you face Vergil. I had almost given up hope on beating him, when I first played it on the PS2. ;)

@Ethan_Hunt - Really hope Vergil is not really that tough.

I really tried hard to play DMC 3 when it came out for PC. Had to make a batch file to start the game and Joy2Key together but that too failed as I progressed through the game.
@quan chi - Have a huge backlog hence rushing through everything. Will definitely come back to this game once I am through with others.

Last edited by a moderator:
DMC 4 - Special Edition coming out for PS4.

Vergil, Trish and Lady will be playable. Vergil being in that game I guess is non canon.

A good game to pick up and play if you have not played it in it's prev outing and have a PS4.

This also gives me some hope that they will continue this DMC universe and not the emo Dante.

Back