CPU/Mobo DFI nF4 Discussion

Darky. I expected this sooner or later. I am too plannig on gettin my hands on DFI NF4 SLI-DR soon. All depends on possibility of someone returning from US to bring it for me. For most its too big parcel to being in their bagage.
But I am too trying my best. A8N SLI that i have havent given me too much trouble in overclocking but yeah it lacks the little juice. The winnie i have is damn good chip. Does 2.7 Ghz at 1.475V. I basicaly need more VDIMM which is why i am planning to get DFI.
By the way how you plan to buy one? eWiz ships to India but they accept only wire transfer which sucks as there is heavy transaction charge for the same.
Definitely let me know how you plan to get it. I will let you know if I have someone who is willing to bring it back :)

@ Funky,
Well if you are familiar with this member,"Deejay",he is getting a board for himself.
I have talked to him if he can get one for me too.He is willing to arrange for it.SO i will pay him once it reaches here.

Nothing is confirmed as yet,lets see what happens. ;)

Darky + DFI = Dizzying OC

Now dont get too excited there.Let it come here first. :)

Buying the board is not a problem but getting it here, quickly and in time, is. funky if you have a reliable source of getting it here from US let darky know about it. i will get the stuff delivered from new egg directly to your contact. since my contact will take another 6 to 8 weeks to return here. i am trying alternate sources / location for darky.(singapore).

100% man.
Definitely.
Same problem here though. The guys i know who will definitely wont say no if i ask them to are comming in june from US.
I am also trying to get in touch with my aunt who is currently in WV to see if she knows someone who is comming here.
Lets see.

how are u ordering from newegg deejay?
as far as i know they dont accept international credit cards, or is someone from usa gonna order it for u.

Well received reply to my email i sent to my friends yesterday.
One of them is ready to bring motherboard from USA as he dosent have too much luggage as he is only comming here for a month. But he is comming in June. This is not a big problem for me as my exams are ending in June 2nd week only. So i wont be building this new system until then. He can also get his hands on some engineering samples of venice ( ya this guy is total geek who has lots of sources regarding this :p )
Now first I need to sell my current high end stuff to make money to pay for this :p
Darky he will let me know if he can bring one more for you in couple of days.

Guys there is one more request for the DFI Lan Party NForce4 Sli-DR Mobo

Can someone arrange it for me too.
I just talked about it with my parents.

Can you let me know how much will i have to pay him for the DFI Mobo.

The DFI Lan Party NForce4 Sli-DR Mobo Sells for Approx $210

I also wanted the
OCZ DDR400 PC3200 2x512MB Dual Channel Kit.
Will confirm you which one Platinum/Gold/Performance/Performance with EL after some time.

Do confirm if anyone can arrage the 2 things for me.

Please.

Edited later
Note:- I am thinking of dropping the idea of getting the DFI and OCZ ram.
Not confident enuf will let you know later if i do change my plans

Man!!!! You guys are certainly lucky!!!! Changing your systems like I change my clothes. Well......... enjoy......that is all I can say!!!!

Thread has been split to maintain the sanctity of Market :p

@ Quad Master:

I can understand ur enthusiam coz of the been-there-done-that factor ;) Sourcing a board from the US is not the most difficult part. It is when, God forbid, u need to make use of the servce/support (warranty) that u know how deep a mess u r in.. For ex., I had bot a 9800 Pro that was originally bot in the US. It eventually conked out. When I had to send it back to the US, i was broke.. so i had to wait 3 months for a friend of mine to carry it to the US. THe card has been replaced with a brand new one and now I have to wait for 2 more months for another friend to carry it back to me :D

Had bot the card 8 months back.. Havent used it for the last 7 months.. cant use it for another 2 months too.. so that was a dead investment if u ask me.

What i am trying to tell u is, unless u r a total enthusiast or have sources that travel abroad regularly, it is not advisible to buy some crucial component such as a mobo/graphic card from US. If u cant afford to risk the time and money in the eventuality of claiming the warranty, then u better stick with local maal.. :D

But hey, thats my 2 cents..

@Nikhil
u change ur clothes evry 3 months :tongue: :cool2:

nyways i dnt think its good sense to go for a sli mobo now.....
cuz sli is like only 2 similar company cards can work together....while ati is comin out with any 2 card togethr ....so I think nvidia will be SURELy coming out with smethng new soon .....so sli wud remain only for high benchie scores nd stuff .....but thts just me...

well if ur gonna buy the board for overclocking then surely go ahead...but sli in my opinion is gonna be :tongue:

REMEMBER ITS JUST MY OPINION :cool2:
@Funky....if ur gonna sell tht ram soon lemme knw

Last edited by a moderator:
nikhilb2008 said:
Man!!!! You guys are certainly lucky!!!! Changing your systems like I change my clothes. Well......... enjoy......that is all I can say!!!!
Its not so tough DFI boards are cheap in US sell yours here and you can afford a DFI too.

Hi guys,
let me remind all you guys contemplating getting DFI m/b's from abroad. although these boards are good overclockers but they do have their share of problems too. notably the sudden death syndrome. also these m/b's will require true 24 pin atx connection , psu = min 500 watts for stability while o/c'ing. 20 pin or that "20 -24 convertor" , though usable, is not recommended for these boards.

Also due to higher vdimm (3.4 to 3.6 V ......4V) support for o/cing the power for that will be drawn from ur 5V rails instead of the regular 3.3V rail. this will lead to a more hotter m/b surface temps. hence proper air flow will have to be maintained over the rams and the voltage supply circuits other wise it will lead to pre-mature failures of the m/b.

so if you are prepared to spend as much as the board on these psu + cost for revamped air flow and cooling inside the case then no problems. also keep in mind to o/c you require high quality rams. these generic rams will not do hence do consider getting those too.

i am not discouraging you guys but just pointing out the problem areas. for if by chance ur m/b is under performing or spoilt you will have no support here in India whatsoever , except perhaps from the good folks here on TE obviously.

TheMask said:
I can understand ur enthusiam coz of the been-there-done-that factor ;) Sourcing a board from the US is not the most difficult part. It is when, God forbid, u need to make use of the servce/support (warranty) that u know how deep a mess u r in.. For ex., I had bot a 9800 Pro that was originally bot in the US. It eventually conked out. When I had to send it back to the US, i was broke.. so i had to wait 3 months for a friend of mine to carry it to the US. THe card has been replaced with a brand new one and now I have to wait for 2 more months for another friend to carry it back to me :D

Had bot the card 8 months back.. Havent used it for the last 7 months.. cant use it for another 2 months too.. so that was a dead investment if u ask me.

What i am trying to tell u is, unless u r a total enthusiast or have sources that travel abroad regularly, it is not advisible to buy some crucial component such as a mobo/graphic card from US. If u cant afford to risk the time and money in the eventuality of claiming the warranty, then u better stick with local maal.. :D

But hey, thats my 2 cents..

Gee Masky ! That's an excellent piece of advice ! I hope you don't end up getting flamed for it though. The keyword here is "enthusiast" - for whom anything goes. For others, I'd only say this - it's not a question of money; it's a matter of being strong-hearted to not get deeply depressed/disappointed if by any chance the component starts malfunctioning or is Dead-On-Arrival. Yup ! I probably don't practice a whole lot what I preach on this subject - 90% of my system has no local warranty and I've some more stuff slated to arrive. Not long ago, I had a couple of days of traumatic experience with a Defective-On-Arrival ABIT mobo - Crazy_eddy (whom I haven't had a chance to meet with yet) would recall that I was ready to trash my ABIT mobo and buy an Asus A8V. But that again wasn't an easy decision because I wasn't confident that the OEM CPU that I got along with that mobo wasn't DOA too. So, the moral here is be prepared for any eventuality, and make sure that you realize that the resale value of a (used) component w/o local warranty is probably much less.

But it can also be argued that even with the risks involved that it may be worth all the hassle if you are not worried about the warranty or bcoz of the huge disparity in price between here and over there especially if you have someone to cart the stuff for you. But I do believe that Masky's advice is worth a couple of quiet reads.

That was prolly some more of my 2C ! No offence !

Well said deejay... I will add some more to what Deejay has said... If you are looking for playing games then invest in good graphics card then a excellent mobo... As far as the features are concerned MSI and ASUS both SLI mobos have excellent features... If it is the overclocking you are going for then its your call... But really is it worth that much pain you all are willing to take... You decide...

Back