Diablo III - Discussion Thread

whats the release date for Diablo 3 info needed

does any one have any clue as to when is the game gonna be released?????i am going crazy waiting for the game to be released.......it just gets delayed all the time i check the release date

Re: whats the release date for Diablo 3 info needed

It never got delayed. There was no release date announced in the first place.
I can't wait for the game either. My first char is gonna be a Monk :D.

hey da rumours were dat da game is gpnna b out late 2009,then it became first half of 2010 n nw its early 2011..........n cnt make up my mind on my frst character.......dey r all awesome

dude i knw dat its gonna b 2011.....bt da release date thing started a few months back wit late 2009 to frst half 2010 n nw its 2011.....da demo ws super cool dt maes da wait all da more annoting

I doubt if even Blizzard knows when they can release it. Its been 3 yrs since the announcement, right? My guess is late 2011 or 2012.
BTW, Monk is looking awesome and very OP. Any guesses on what will be the 5th Class? I read some rumors of it being Druid. But, a ranged class seems like the obvious choice.

Still the 5th character hasn't been announced yet. This might happen during this year's blizzcon. So it might take one more year of development and testing. So my guess is it might release in late 2011 or early 2012!

i agree dude.i played all the 3 modes(normal/nighmare/hell) of diablo 2 with palladin then played da expansion.
n i dnt mind playin it again.it is dat awesome:eek:hyeah:

Blizzard is easily one of the most conservative developers around when it comes to announcing release dates, however as they reveal more details about the third installment of the Diablo series it becomes evident that the game is finally nearing completion.

Among the most interesting, and should we add, potentially controversial things to be learned about Diablo III is that the game will require an active net connection to play. Blizzard believes a high percentage of users have access to a permanent internet connection anyway, and even though piracy was a concern it was not "a deciding factor" in making the decision.

Instead Blizzard claims connectivity will be necessary due to the wealth of Battle.net features that complement the game, to name a few: persistent character saving server-side and the possibility of opting in/out of co-op play, persistent friends list, party system and matchmaking, the game's achievement system, and an auction house system that will allow real world currency to purchase items.

Blizzard does not plan to sell any items directly on the auction house, but will let players list items for which they will charge a fixed fee. The novelty here is that real money auctions will be allowed along with in-game gold and normal item trade. Gamers will be allowed to pull up the auction house at any time, with instant transactions of nearly everything, including characters.

The last tidbit of information that was recently disclosed is that Diablo III won't support bots or mods for a "variety of gameplay and security reasons". That is, Blizzard is expressly prohibiting modding from the upcoming game in spite of the success it had on the two previous installments.

Diablo III is expected to enter limited public beta testing sometime this quarter, most likely ahead of the Blizzcon October event, with a tentative release schedule before the end of the year.

Source:

Diablo III: Online only, real money auctions, mods forbidden - TechSpot News

Re: Diablo III: Online only, real money auctions, mods forbidden

Yep, read the same on gamespot. Really sad that blizzard is going ubisoft way. So if you dc = death in game. If you play a "Hardcore" character, dc = death = character loss. QQ

dc means disconnect (just fyi)

I dont like this money thingy at all....looks like blizzard has decided to make as much money as possible from the hype around D III

I hope Single player is not marred by this stuff, anyway am not much of a MP guy.

no body thinks about the poor indian gamer who faces atleast one power outage a day :(

mav2000 said:
I dont like this money thingy at all....looks like blizzard has decided to make as much money as possible from the hype around D III

I hope Single player is not marred by this stuff, anyway am not much of a MP guy.

According to the article, to play single player too u need a permanent internet connection.

This is really a very sad news :(

It's the same shit Blizzard pulled with StarCraft2, u needed to be connected to Battle.net to save your game, if you didn't login once each month u'll lose all your progress. Blizzard has gone completely mental money wise with their games. I had tremendous respect for Blizzard, but it seems the Activision influence has ruined what was once imho THE BEST game development company on this planet.

krugur said:
Yep, read the same on gamespot. Really sad that blizzard is going ubisoft way. So if you dc = death in game. If you play a "Hardcore" character, dc = death = character loss. QQ

dc means disconnect (just fyi)

If you d/c, it won't count as a death in-game. This is not a MMORPG where if you d/c in the middle of a fight, u'll most likely be dead when u log back on. The online aspect is only from the piracy point of view i believe. You will still essentially be able to play alone in your own isolated d3 world without any of your friends joining you. if you d/c, your d3 world ceases to exist, so a "death" won't be possible. Unless ofc you're playing an online game. then say goodbye to your hardcore character lulz.

I can't wait for this game to release. Gonna play it so freakin' much.

somu said:
It's the same shit Blizzard pulled with StarCraft2, u needed to be connected to Battle.net to save your game, if you didn't login once each month u'll lose all your progress. Blizzard has gone completely mental money wise with their games. I had tremendous respect for Blizzard, but it seems the Activision influence has ruined what was once imho THE BEST game development company on this planet.

Wrong. If you d/c, you can still save your game in offline mode. The only thing you won't get is achievements. And there is most definitely no "once a month login" requirement else your progress gets wiped. Dunno what you talking about. Blizzard is clearly doing this to prevent piracy. Pay the price for a first class game, or be denied the fun. If there is anything to whine about, its that their games cost about 3.5 to 4k per game cos they don't release their games in India and you need to buy them off battle.net at international prices T_T

8x4Gamer said:
Wrong. If you d/c, you can still save your game in offline mode. The only thing you won't get is achievements. And there is most definitely no "once a month login" requirement else your progress gets wiped. Dunno what you talking about. Blizzard is clearly doing this to prevent piracy. Pay the price for a first class game, or be denied the fun. If there is anything to whine about, its that their games cost about 3.5 to 4k per game cos they don't release their games in India and you need to buy them off battle.net at international prices T_T
ahhh this is useless... i play only AOE2 kind of games and i just love this game...was hoping too much for D3 but this online shit :(
anyway they can never stop piracy...there are starcraft2 pirated copies available....i dont mind paying 900-1000 for game....but having internet connection not possible...not reliable electricity and even our useless ISP's are not reliable as well. and who guarantee about security when you are connected to gaming servers for 6-8 hours....
i like to play single player and even if i play multi player....calling friends at home and getting gaming laptop on LAN and enjoy face to face lan party....no online shit :(

Back