Diablo III - Discussion Thread

90 SG$ for preorder
<
.... damn its so costly. Hope they give a gold coin along with the game.

Well i was thinking of pre-ordering it, but now that aman has given me some hope i'll wait
<

How big is it ... need to calculate download time @ 512 kbps

Well i was thinking of pre-ordering it, but now that aman has given me some hope i'll wait
happy19.gif

How big is it ... need to calculate download time @ 512 kbps

Yup, it is worth waiting for, as if it releases officially you'll save a lot of money. Else, you can always buy it later
<

I hope they do, but Blizzard haven't exactly been India friendly of late. Let's see..

Since it is a global copy for diablo 3, as in common one and no EU/US/Asian version i would imagine that blizzard wont give an India friendly pricing since then keys can be sold on the key sites for the indian pricing. Just my 2 cents.

Started the demo with the Monk. Played for 5 mins before being kicked out due to Airtel spikes. Graphics looked okay, and I could detect a very slight delay due to everything being continuously synced against the server.

To all those people defending always on DRMs in games saying we are always connected always, get in touch with the ground realities. My ISP is usually good, but sometimes goes down for 2 mins before coming back again. As such Diablo III is unplayable on such a connection. Might pick it up if it releases with Indian pricing, otherwise I have had it bullshit DRMs.

Finished the beta. It was decently playable with a 311 latency to authentication servers. Joined a 4 player coop, and it was too strong for the AI. AI difficulty scales with number of players, and loot is instanced, meaning each player will get same loot, no need to rush. Overall it was ok, but a connection outage for even a minute will kick you out of the game, which might be a deal breaker for many here in India.

Finished the beta. It was decently playable with a 311 latency to authentication servers. Joined a 4 player coop, and it was too strong for the AI. AI difficulty scales with number of players, and loot is instanced, meaning each player will get same loot, no need to rush. Overall it was ok, but a connection outage for even a minute will kick you out of the game, which might be a deal breaker for many here in India.

It is an immediate kickout? No timeout options? If so, that is bad.

On a positive note, rejoining the game and reaching your friends location is very easy with the teammates banner in town.

^^ You are running through the wastelands, bringing righteous fury on your foes, and suddenly you find that your attacks are not doing damage. You cannot use the town portal. You cannot enter the dungeon, clicking the icon does nothing. And then you get the error, "A server timeout has occurred. Error number XXXX", and find yourself in the Battle.Net login screen.

It's extremely infuriating, making you want to uninstall Diablo III and bomb the Blizzard headquarters.

I guess i kinda has learned to live with it a bit. BF3 does that to me sometimes. But i have to say fault tolerance is far better in BF3 which is a FPS compared to this from what i read.

If I am ordering the Box Pack DVD version from amazon to my bro's place, will I be able to use the pre-order torrent floating around and just plug-in the CD key to activate instead of having to wait for the actual DVDs?

Back