Digi Cam @10k

knoughtyd

Skilled
Festive season is around,so on the shopping list is a Digi cam:) .

Need a slim one to easily fit the pocket and priced somwhere around 10k:D

Found out Sony has some good Digi cams but donot which one to go for ?? and have no clue about other Brands:ashamed:

My dad had zeored in on these two pieces Sony DSC-W130/B & DSC-W120/B...but both seemed similar and couldnot make out y there was a 1k difference?

Product Comparison

Sony cams are good only for show off's. Image quality and colors are pathetic, more so in Slim ones.

Anyways looking at the spec sheet, there aren't much differences except battery life and startup times.

You'll be better off with a Canon or Fuji.

Edit: Canon 590IS is an impressive alternative. Its available around 10K.

but canon 590 is not pocketable.

in pocketable check out the IXUS range from Canon. they are all supposed to have good picture quality as compared to sony.

the ixus range is huge and even though new models are expensive you will get an older model in your budget.

for a pocketable gr8 camera , slim and light and excellent images , u got to buy the IXUS range from Canon.....ofcourse it doesnt fit in the 10k bracket...but then the money u would spend on it will be well spent.......The Canon IXUS 80 IS ( 8mp ,3x optical , IS ) is available for approx ~12k (+-) Bundled with the Casing and 1GB card !......

Similar fighters from the Nikon Range involve....
The Coolpix S210 (8mp , 3x optical) - ~9.5k (1GB)
and
The Coolpix S52 (9mp, 3x optical) - ~12k (1GB)

As of now , if you really dont want to overspend and want to buy the phone only in your limited budget that would meet the criteria , then the COOLPIX S210 it is !......

P.S: Please do not buy a Sony! (Bling Bling!) - Nothing against it , but a personal opinion.

Get the Canon Sd850, its great combination of performance, looks and is extremely sleek. I think it should be arnd 10k from the grey market, I am looking to pick this one up for my friend, will do so and report the exact price.

knoughtyd said:
I did check canons but they are arnd 13k+:( and the above suggested one is 20k:p

thought you were ok with grey or kmd ... in which case you could have the 870is for 13k or less :)

thexfactor said:
thought you were ok with grey or kmd ... in which case you could have the 870is for 13k or less :)

my dad wont go in for a grey market stuff:p n he has told budget is 10k nuting more than tat coz he needs just for normal use:)

Grey market or not, it doesn't matter at all, because every product is genuine.

Warranty is not an issue as all manufactures offer just 1 year warranty which is practically useless.

Still if you want to make a choice in 10k, i'd say go with 590IS, though its not exactly pocketable but its somewhat very portable.

Other than that 870IS will only suffice if you buy from a Grey source so that what you get is VFM.

Just my 2 cents.:)

Back