Camera Digital camera under 10k

nitinveer

Disciple
Hi,

I want a digital camera under 10k.Camera is for standerd use not for professional photography etc. I have no idea about the cameras so please help me out.Main requirements are good quality pics, low light pics, zoom & video shooting.Please let me know the model numbers along with brands, other accessories & some dealers in Bangalore will be very helpful. I can increase the budget to 11k if needed.

Thanks for quick reply. Any other options? also this camera uses AA batteries, any other model with Li-Ion betteries? any perticular dealers in Bangalore?

Well for low light photography, Canon is best...I have personal experience...I own Sony as well as Canon...and Canon performs better in Low light conditions...also if you want with Li-Ion battery then you can check Canon IXUS 95 IS. Also Sony W220 would be another option but i won't recommend for low light photography...In bangalore you can check Staples/eZone/Chroma...

Konquerror said:
Well for low light photography, Canon is best...I have personal experience...I own Sony as well as Canon...and Canon performs better in Low light conditions...also if you want with Li-Ion battery then you can check Canon IXUS 95 IS. Also Sony W220 would be another option but i won't recommend for low light photography...In bangalore you can check Staples/eZone/Chroma...

Thanks for the reply. Is there anything else I have to take care of before buying the cam? Apart from low light pics what else is the difference between Canon & Sony? Can you give me approx prices of the above ones.
Canon IXUS 95 IS. Also Sony W220. Also how about sony W190?

Sony W190 doesn't have Carl Zeiss lens...it has Sony lens...however W220 has Carl Zeiss lens...Canon IXUS 95 IS was available for 8k on ebay last to last week as deal of the week item...i'm not sure about store prices...

Konquerror said:
Sony W190 doesn't have Carl Zeiss lens...it has Sony lens...however W220 has Carl Zeiss lens...Canon IXUS 95 IS was available for 8k on ebay last to last week as deal of the week item...i'm not sure about store prices...

Thanks, there is also Sony W210, how is it? What about Canon IXUS 100IS?

@skullcandy :Thanks my budget is more & I can find better one than that I think. Anyways I'm looking for only Canon, Sony & Nikon.

Any other suggestions plz welceome also are there any online vendors who can offer me better prices? Is it advicable to buy the camera on grey market?

Edit : Finally decided to shell out some more money & narrowed down the models. Now can't decide which one to buy. Help will be appreciated.

1. Between Canon IXUS 95 IS & Canon IXUS 100 IS , 100 IS has HD video recording & 12.1 sensor. Is the HD video recodring worth it?
2.Between Sony W220 & Sony W200, I can't figure out which is better? Pls help.

^ Is it better than Panasonic LZ10 ? The LZ-10 has been highly recommended under 10k..I am in a similar boat and finding it difficult to chose :p.

Back