Camera Digital camera under 10k

FaH33m said:
^ Is it better than Panasonic LZ10 ? The LZ-10 has been highly recommended under 10k..I am in a similar boat and finding it difficult to chose :p.
Availability is a big issue with the LZ-10. Its very hard to find one in the market. Esp with the manufacturer's warranty. :(

^ Its available for under 7k on ebay with warranty. I guess its vendor/ dealer warranty but still sounds like a pretty good deal. Might be able to snatch one for ~6-6.5k using coupons .The only thing that's holding me back is incase there are better options around 10-12k.

The Canon SX120IS which is a budget super/long zoom seems to be around 12.5k. Not sure if it has better image quality compared to the LZ-10. Also the LZ10 has manual control which is missing in most cams around 10k.

^^ Yes LZ10 is the most celebrated camera under 7K [especially in TE]:cool2:

but if in mood of getting 10-12K camera, Canon A1100 IS is a better option...

also, if going for 10-12K in gray, do have a hand on Fuji F70EXR...
it has very good report..very good for a basic compact camera...:D
Some guys told me, it is around ~11K in gray..

Canon SX120 is very good camera, but the problem is that many of my friends from Kolkata had told me that it is nowhere available in Kolkata..
Dont know if U can find it easily in gray:huh:

Hey what about the Sony Cybershot?
Canon A1100 IS has only AA batteries and 2.5 lcd but Sony's got 3.0' LCD Display with Li batteries

hash said:
Hey what about the Sony Cybershot?
Canon A1100 IS has only AA batteries and 2.5 lcd but Sony's got 3.0' LCD Display with Li batteries

I dont know about how good the current Sony range of 10-12K camera is.. but when I tried Sony range of 10-12K [around 8 months ago] they were not the keen performer...
They were just good at paper with 12MP, 3" LCD etc.. but didnt performed well..
ISO performance and color reproduction was crappy...

PS: I repeat, I dont know about current range..

Have a look at Sony's new W series W320/W350, it has wide angle lens 26mm

don't know about picture quality.

W350 also offers 720p movie recording

Hi there,

Can any body tell me around 10k which is a good camera.

This camera is going to be used by my girl friend.

So she need a camera which is easy to use.

I am right now thinking of getting Canon IXUS 95 or 100.:hap2:

I had one question which is better AA battery camera or Li-ion battery camera.:S

And this camera is going to be used mostly at home, so are canon overkill.

in my opinion sony,canon,nikon all have really good cameras for general use under 10 k nowdays.i bought sony dsc 30 for 17.5 k about 4 years ago.its 6 mp and still works perfectly.the megapixel race is over.4-6 mp is good enough.i get about 400kb pics with 6 mp with 12 mp it would be double so will take up more memory.li ion battery is the way to go as it can be charged easily and has good life.it comes down to factors like the memory card type supported and ease of use.its best to go and see different models for ease of use and decide.

If buying now, I guess U guyz should wait till feb end..

Nikon and canon had called press conference and also there is PMA from 21-23 feb..

So new cams are about to come..

Canon A590 IS .. I have it .. and its the best thing for 10K .. you can check its review...it was voted as the best cam, under 10 categ., in digit magazine too..

hey guys which cameras are better the ones with AA bateries or Li-ion battery

ne other things to look out for while buying a camera ?

me also looking for a digicam for arnd 10 K after reading previous post on TE i have shotlisted Canon A1100 and fuji flim Fuji F70EXR

ne other suggestions ??????

as i said above li ion is better.and go for the one that uses sdhc SD cards.all major brands have good cameras in this range.choose your preference by eas of use

canon ixus 95.sdhc.li ion.10 mp.amazing.jjmehta.com has it for under 10k.you may be able to find it cheaper at a canon dealer.but amazing camera at an amazing price.

^^

hey dude thnks for the quick reply !!!!!!!!!!!!

how is the canon ixus 95 comapred to Cannon A1100IS both are in the same price range

r there ne other options available for arnd 10 K

ixus is definetly better.it has li ion.looks better.and is better built.many options nikon s220.sony cybershot.just go to jjmehta.com and you will get a good idea about prices.i have a sony but my only gripe is they use sony memory cards which are double the price of sd cards.nikon is the cheapest out of all three.but i am not sure about their after sales service for repair or spares.but out of these three brands i think it just comes down to personal preference.

aa batteries will give you lesser no of pics per charge or per pair.i often use my camera for streaming slide shows and homemade movies on the tv.this eats up battery.i make movies on my camera which also will eat up battery.performancewise there should not be any difference.rechargeable aa batteries will be ni-mh which are not as good as li-ion batteries.

Back