Camera Digital camera under 10k

I guess everyone planning to buy a P&S should put a halt..

Many new ones are about to come in feb...

Oly, fuji and panasonic had already announced it...
Nikon will announce it tonight..

and canon will announce them next week..

So plz, if planning for Fuji F70EXR or Pana TZ7 etc... their upgrades are already out..

So better wait for sometime for complete launches...

hey guys almost all major comapnies have announced there new digital cameras

i am looking for a simple entry level P & S camera (10 -12 k) i m confused between canon & panasonic

the canon 1300 IS and the 1400 IS have 28 mm wide angle lens , 4x optical zoom Aperture
f/2.8 (W) - f/5.9 (T)

Digital Cameras - High-End, Advanced Digital Cameras - D-Series Digital Cameras - Performance and Style, Digital ELPH Cameras - Easy and Fun! A-Series Digital Cameras - Canon USA Consumer Products

and

the panasonic ones they have 25mm wide angle lens, 8x optical zoom ,Aperture is F3.3 - 5.9 / 2-Step (F3.3 - 10 (W) / F5.9 - 18 (T))

DMC-ZR3/DMC-ZX3 | PRODUCTS | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global

how much imp is the aperture size , the canon has f2.8 while the panasonic has f3.3 does tht make any diffrence ? read somewhere tht the fno should be less
so guys which one shld i go for ? ne idea when this will be availble in india. ?

plz suggest if there r neother better models in this price range

thnks

blackheart said:
hey guys almost all major comapnies have announced there new digital cameras

i am looking for a simple entry level P & S camera (10 -12 k) i m confused between canon & panasonic

the canon 1300 IS and the 1400 IS have 28 mm wide angle lens , 4x optical zoom Aperture
f/2.8 (W) - f/5.9 (T)

Digital Cameras - High-End, Advanced Digital Cameras - D-Series Digital Cameras - Performance and Style, Digital ELPH Cameras - Easy and Fun! A-Series Digital Cameras - Canon USA Consumer Products

and

the panasonic ones they have 25mm wide angle lens, 8x optical zoom ,Aperture is F3.3 - 5.9 / 2-Step (F3.3 - 10 (W) / F5.9 - 18 (T))

DMC-ZR3/DMC-ZX3 | PRODUCTS | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global

how much imp is the aperture size , the canon has f2.8 while the panasonic has f3.3 does tht make any diffrence ? read somewhere tht the fno should be less
so guys which one shld i go for ? ne idea when this will be availble in india. ?

plz suggest if there r neother better models in this price range

thnks
^^

guys plz advice

guys how much important is a "optical view finder" in indian conditions ??????

i m confused between the canon ixus 95 & the canon ixus 105 , ne other models to look out for

ne suggestions .......

^^

cmon all u photography experts out there plz reply i have to buy a cam in few days

how is the nikon L22 ?

thnks

blackheart said:
^^

guys now i m confused between the canon ixus 105 is and the sony cyber shot dsc w350

have to buy a camera in next week plz help me out

It is a matter of personal preference.
I have used a Canon Ixus 100is, and fell in love with the colors captured by canon as compared to those by sony. To me, sony gives dull pictures. But again it is a matter of personal choice.

However, when I compared the images of your shortlisted camers, Sony W350 seems to give sharper and clear pictures as compared to Ixus 105.
I am no expert, but thats what I perceived during the comparison.

Well I just went to Sony store yesterday and checked out W350 briefly. It is quite compact, I think even more so than Canon Ixus100.

But the build quality is poor as compared to Canon Ixus series. It looks like cheap plastic. I have handled a friend's W150 in past and its build quality was far much better.

Now, I asked the sales guy to show image quality. He clicked a couple of pics in store itself, one at normal zoom and one at 4x. I dont know whether the lighting was poor or camera required some tinkering with the setting, but the image quality out of the box was very dull and noisy. Nothing compared to the samples available online. I think you should personally check it out if possible and not just go after the features.

Back