Disable thread previews on mouseover

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I recently changed from Firefox to Chrome as my secondary browser (Opera still remains my primary browser). One thing that is annoying me is the thread previews on mouseover - while this is a feature inherent in TE and many other forums, and while I have lived with it for several years, the problem is that with Chrome these previews appear to be visible very quickly - almost instantly. Also, the previews appear whenever the cursor is anywhere on any of the cells, especially in the search results page - be it the thread title, or the last post or the number of views or the forum column.
I understand that a simple javascript can disable this feature, although I'm not able to find one. Can someone link me to the necessary script? Or, if there is any other option, I'll be happy to try. I don't want to disable javascripts altogether though.

Not possible in Chrome but you can possibly disable this in Firefox AFAIK. Very very annoying. I hate the way tooltips are rendered specially in FaceBook/TE when I surf using Chrome.

Heck, even CSS can't control tooltips AFAIK. So there is no way to write a rule/style either to disable the same. :|

Counts in one of the main reasons why I've to stick to Firefox.

Back