Discuss: Gals n guys can never remain as close friends?

Count_Down said:
Same here.

However, I have a slightly different take on friendship. It appears to me that, in longer term, friendship between men and between men and women are more stable than those between women. This is purely from observation and my experience. May be I am worng, may be it is a sampling problem!!!

true thoughts.. i too feel so..

but u shud get the 2-3 ppl.. which is hard to find..

From http://www.intellectualwhores.com/

Quote:

IF A MAN FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE YOU CANNOT BE FRIENDS

Many women want to argue this point and say things like " I have lots of guy friends." Maybe. There are exactly 3 cases Intellectual Whores has identified whereby a guy and a girl can be friends:

1. The guy is gay

2. The guy does not find you attractive.

3. The guy already has a woman much higher than you on the ladder

Even Nietzsche knew this. Most guys know this intuitively. Most girls doubt. I have a challenge for all of you girls who still doubt. Pick a guy who does not meet any of the criterion on the above list that you think is your friend. Then ask yourself this question: If you were both alone at his place one night, and you excused yourself to the bathroom and came out naked and asked him to have sex with you would he:

1. Tell you he doesn't want to risk the beautiful friendship you have created with messy physical entanglements.

2. Comply

Remember this only works if you are honest with yourself. Number one is of course something that guys hear all the time. Intellectual Whores refers to it as the Kiss of Death. It is more likely that he will jump you eagerly.

For an explanation of ladder theory, visit the site.

LOL...nice theory.....

delhiboy1000 said:
@desert:

Is this line from a movie or something..??

OT:

gee, thnx for the compliments ..well that line occurred in my mind..i dunno i had read it earlier..i dont remember..but it just appeared to me in a flash and i thout i'll use it in my siggie:p..

I think its possible, as long as both are mature to good extent and know clearly where their relation stands with each other, I have 3 such close gfs. Ironically, one of them had another bf whom she thought she had a really good friendship with until of course the inevitable happened and the guy proposed to her, she has sort of given in to him bcoz i guess she cant say no and lose someone whom shes very close to. Bt with me, I made it clear as to where we stand with each other. It is possible

Originally Posted by Desert Rose

OT:

gee, thnx for the compliments ..well that line occurred in my mind..i dunno i had read it earlier..i dont remember..but it just appeared to me in a flash and i thout i'll use it in my siggie..

LOL..!! Feel lik a idiot now..!:S

hhmm..ya..its one of those tough questions.i can tell u out of my own experience that it is possible but very tough.and "close" in the close friend is the catch.how close is the question.the most important thing is that u shud b very careful as to what u want from the "relationship",i mean frndship:S .if u rnt..then every word u utter n every gesture that u make can b misterpreted n could very badly hurt the other person n the relationship.you should make it very clear to the other person n urself wat u want and wat u dont and u shud stick to the "rules" of frndship.u just cant keep flirting n keep expecting things under the cover of frdnship.its gonna b a big pain for either side.
and also,if u r in such a frdnship,then its ur obligation to make the fences really strong n u shud b careful tht u don make the other person even remotely feel that he s the "special one" else it s gonna b a painful affair.
enugh of lecturing..but nevertheless..fun is the essence of every frndship or relationship once it ceases to b the case,..better sorted out n fixed. :cool2:

Lol... i wonder gals and guys has frendship in any case if they hav then its good and if they dont kinda more of it then they shud make the confession out of it Ramstein instead ...
in my means do wot u want to do but, with the name wot it is basically
Ideally, One's friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human. She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.

maximuspike said:
Lol... i wonder gals and guys has frendship in any case if they hav then its good and if they dont kinda more of it then they shud make the confession out of it Ramstein instead ...

in my means do wot u want to do but, with the name wot it is basically

Ideally, One's friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human. She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.

^^ Dude you should get an award for your literary skills !!

:rofl:

What you just posted really made no sense at all ! :huh:

EDIT: Just saw your siggy
I don't do drugs. I am drugs.

Ah ! everything clear now :D

Answer is its very much POSSIBLE as long as both the guy and girl are truly committed towards their friendship to last and how they percieve their relationship.
My best friend is a girl for the last 9 years from college times. And all this talk of friendship not possible if the girl / guy is hot ... my friend is extremely good looking and took part in various international modelling assignments , still never wanted to get involved with her as i never had relationship feelings for her ever.

Thanks to her i got many male friends in college who always were after me for her email and phone no :rofl:

The only thing that troubles me as i have seen good friendships end because one of the person ( mostly guys ) pops the relationship question and if the answer is no ( from the girl ) , the friendship goes down the drain most of the time. Sorry girls but thats the sad truth.

hi Mr pun..thats really kool.u guys share a grt frndship.u two must be two really wonderful ppl..gud man..i want to give her the compliments too.can i get her e-mail id?..:)

Not true.

Ive had a frnd for 2 years. :). Shes hot hot hot!, but no attration. I take her as my Sister :).

But this is slightly true, i almost kissed her, but didnt when i realised :(. I still dunno what she wanted at that time though :(.

This was around 2 months back, for 2 weeks we were behaving oddly towards each other, then all was back to normal.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I will easily get attracted to girls, so i keep my mind focused on computers, anime so where i am i will speak about only these two whom ever they are, good thing i have friends like that who listen to me incl. 1 girl friend.

goldenfrag said:
Not true.
Ive had a frnd for 2 years. :). Shes hot hot hot!, but no attration. I take her as my Sister :).
But this is slightly true, i almost kissed her, but didnt when i realised :(. I still dunno what she wanted at that time though :(.
This was around 2 months back, for 2 weeks we were behaving oddly towards each other, then all was back to normal.

who was it ? :) ;)

...anyone notice that the people who say they are close friends with some women for a long time in this thread and they only like them as friends...even though they are very hot...dont seem to talk about any ugly female friends...

question is how come your only friends with the hot women?.... ;)

Decadent_Spectre said:
...anyone notice that the people who say they are close friends with some women for a long time in this thread and they only like them as friends...even though they are very hot...dont seem to talk about any ugly female friends...

question is how come your only friends with the hot women?.... ;)
hey why changing the question ds? ;) dont give unnecessary meanings... these te ppl are very good at catching them and writing essays on it :bleh:
.. so.. :)

OT:
are golden frag and free frag related in someway:ashamed: both from mumbai.. join date nearer...and both are frags...

bluediamond said:
hey why changing the question ds? ;) dont give unnecessary meanings... these te ppl are very good at catching them and writing essays on it :bleh:
.. so.. :)

OT:
are golden frag and free frag related in someway:ashamed: both from mumbai.. join date nearer...and both are frags...

we have been school buddies and we both r in the same college (though goldie does not attend much :p )........

Back