OC & Modding DIY methods to prevent GPU sag?

Sumi

Disciple
Looking for DIY methods you have done to prevent GPU sag on your setups. If there are any cheap alternatives to purchase, do post a link for it.

I read on reddit about someone sawing off the tip end of a pencil with eraser on the other end. I'll try to find it. Although graphite is conductive but it shouldn't be an issue.

( I thought of using this method when I get a GPU that is beefy enough to sag. Last I checked iGPUs dont sag. )

Attachments

• images (1) (19).jpeg
    images (1) (19).jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,523
Last edited:
I read on reddit about someone sawing off the tip end of a pencil with eraser on the other end. I'll try to find it. Although graphite is conductive but it shouldn't be an issue.

( I thought of using this method when I get a GPU that has sagging. Last I checked iGPUs dont sag. )
That looks like it's sagging a bit in the opposite direction hahaha

( I thought of using this method when I get a GPU that has sagging. Last I checked iGPUs dont sag. )
I would rather not go with anything that could potentially be a problem, hence no AIO on my setup. Maybe something similar type of idea could be implemented. I'll look into what I can make at home after building everything.
Why’s your budget for the same ?
Doesn't have to be a bracket, anything below 500 rupees but optimally under 250 rupees that 'just werks', all I see are brackets and long stick things costing 1.5k and above. Some even with RGB.

That's a beefy one.

But I don't think that it can break a Pencil. And graphite doesn't just spill from within a pencil.

Instead of using a pencil as a support, you can build yourself something similar using lego and some feviquick to permanently stick the legos together.

Last edited:
He used a pencil. You can just use a piece of wood instead, cut to the length needed for the support and it can be wider as well so it properly supports this end of the card.

But I don't think that it can break a Pencil. And graphite doesn't just spill from within a pencil.
I see.
Instead of using a pencil as a support, you can build yourself something similar using lego and some feviquick to permanently stick the legos together.
Cheap bootleg legos are too hard and plasticy, does that make sense? I have held them in hand and unless you provide a proper grip for the places in contact, they might just slip.
You can just use a piece of wood instead
This seems like the best choice at the moment. We have some Japonica/Dhuppi timber which would be a great for this use.

Why diy when you got ample of options available ready made. Esp. in these tough times of gpu shortage what if diy fails and it voids warranty etc.

But this. For a 20k gpu spending his musch is necessity and not costly imo.
That's a little premium for what it offers. I still have other things to buy so doesn't make sense for me to spend around 1.5k on this when there are more important parts to purchase. However, I had it in my radar and will probably have to go for this or the GB 001 when time comes.

if your case allows it
in the later scenario where screw is not an option used normal printer paper and fold it 7 times than you have so called packing and it also acts as anti vibration material no need for rubber gaskets. or cutting the eraser that we used to use in aur school days

Last edited:
Looking for DIY methods you have done to prevent GPU sag on your setups. If there are any cheap alternatives to purchase, do post a link for it.
You could push the gpu up with your finger till the sag isnt there and measure the distance from the GPU at that position till the bottom of the case. Then go to a carpenter shop or a metal shop and ask them to make you a T shape piece of material with the height being the measurement and the "T" being the base so it can sit on the case comfortably , just put it under and it should work , You could also add a small silicon strip at the top to prevent scratches and also paint it black to make it match the case!

Back