Do you believe in God?

Those who don't believe in God...do you guys believe in fate?
Does anyone believe that this Corona pandemic is a manifestation of mother nature's fury?
Fate is another man made fantasy thing like horoscopes. I think horoscope is a database of what to expect in a broad way. Some statistics scholars probably had enough time on their hands to come up with such things after witnessing coincidences happening to people.
Corona is just another disease killing humans. Just like SARS happened. Or AIDS. Or other diseases like Ebola which are hardly mentioned now because it did not hit the white people much. Not surprising because to westerners, their world only stops at their country's border. They don't care or know much about other countries and love to be ignorant. Western nations are like petri dishes of culture ready to accept new diseases. They take too much strong medicines and their countries are too clean. So their bodies have no fighting power left in them now. Probably chicken pox or other long lost diseases will make a come back there since many people even stopped vaccinations due to misinformation or just willful ignorance.

Which God ? yours, mine or theirs ? :D

So is everyone, but some are taught to believe and too scared to question its existence.
That's the exact question I don't want to discuss..your God..my God..
Europeans don't take strong antibiotics....almost nothing is available OTT in most countries here.

Its all how you think and its in your mind after all, either you control it or he takes over..

Similarly, I believe in ghosts, spirits and spooky stuff, yes they exists and are real!
Its just like you don't have to visit Taj mahal just to prove it exists, right?
So for stupids and foolish who say there isn't any such thing, they are the biggest fools fooling themselves..

Western nations are like petri dishes of culture ready to accept new diseases. They take too much strong medicines and their countries are too clean. So their bodies have no fighting power left in them now.
Eh ? Antibiotic misuse is rampant in SEA - including India, where I can buy ANY antibiotic without a prescription. Patients demand immediate cure, and doctors write antibiotics like there's no tomorrow. NDM1 is an India origin bug (we don't even know how many since such tracking modes are exceptionally poor in India).
Western countries, if anything, are super conscious of antibiotic use. You can't even get Amoxicillin without a prescription (good luck finding a doctor in India who writes Amoxy without Clavulonic Acid in India - to increase its efficacy - since plain Amoxy is as useful as placebo for Indians).
Most government hospitals are petridish for nosocomial infections since due to super high burden and laxity of staff, the OT sanitisation is wonky at best. Be it your PGI or AIIMS.

What? They don't write Augmentin ( amoxy- clav.) anymore?
You don't even need a doctor's prescription in India to get Augmentin, is what alekh is saying. And he is saying that India and other SEA countries are way worse than US when it comes to antibiotic abuse.

Edit - On the topic of the thread, I am an athiest, but would like to believe that I was agnostic.
There is this famous quote by Epicurus which I like to repeat everywhere such a conversation occurs -
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Last edited:
Ebola did come to US. About 4 people died from it in 2014, I am not sure if it's available online or not.
Dr. Craig Spencer, US resident and joined doctors without borders, died from it after returning to NYC from West Africa ( possibly Guinea) in 2014.
These things don't come to newspapers.
I wasn't present there during the worst Ebloa outbreak in 2014, but been in those parts during smaller epidemics twice. Seen an entire village died without water.
And guess what, I've not seen a single doctor from India working there, almost everyone was white ( local doctors are usually the first to disappear everytime!!)
And I really don't understand where from this toxic hate for white people come from when it comes to human suffering.
How many non white doctors have worked during ebola outbreaks in Africa?
Please don't compare covid with ebola...many of us will simply faint from the smell of toxic necrolysis of human flesh in a full blown ebola infection.
After working and living with "white privileged people" for years, 24*7...can attest to one thing...they are no better/ worse or different from brown people. And many of them aren't even aware of their skin colour.
Then your question makes no sense, there are too many GODS out there mate.
Fine, let it be a nonsense question...but I'm not going into the your God, my God discussion...too old ( and possibly wise) for it.
Agnostics are the most intelligent people...they are most likely to learn the most about this life and beyond ( if exists)..as they are seeking constantly..

Last edited:
What? They don't write Augmentin ( amoxy- clav.) anymore?
Indian doctors don't write plain Amoxy. Only Amoxy-clav. Nobody writes Cipro etc (though we are getting evidence that due to low use in the past decade, sensitivity might be coming back).
Western countries still use plain Amoxy or Cipro.
Similarly while any bout of diarrhoea here is treated with Ofla-ornidazole or cefixime, whereas Western population still primarily takes ORS and probiotics as first line, and antibiotics as 2nd line.
I remember having pretty heated arguments about it with a Dutch doctor during stint with Doctors without Borders. Fun times. :D

Indian doctors don't write plain Amoxy. Only Amoxy-clav. Nobody writes Cipro etc (though we are getting evidence that due to low use in the past decade, sensitivity might be coming back).
Western countries still use plain Amoxy or Cipro.
Similarly while any bout of diarrhoea here is treated with Ofla-ornidazole or cefixime, whereas Western population still primarily takes ORS and probiotics as first line, and antibiotics as 2nd line.
I remember having pretty heated arguments about it with a Dutch doctor during stint with Doctors without Borders. Fun times. :D

Can personally attest to this. Doctors have prescribed me so many antibiotics that I am sure I will get some horrible cancer later in life.
Cipro + Tinidazone is another common drop of the hat antibiotic recommended even in well reputed hospitals. I know a guy who was on it for 1 year continuously. Pred is another medicine I have seen a doctor abuse continually for over 2 years.

But, antibiotic over prescription in India is going down. In my childhood it was like, cold - take it, fever - take it, feeling like you will feel unwell in future - TAKE IT. Now internet savy parents are aware of harmful effects of antibiotics and think twice.

To the question of god - Quote mentioned by @rdst_1 perfectly summarizes my thought. Our society attributes all good things to god, but all evil is somehow somebody else's problem. In my opinion, god was probably a necessary useful abstraction in human evolution, it helped enforce good behavior over bad before we had evidence based systems (cameras/contracts etc).

That's a major problem!!
Sites like drugs.com etc are dangerous!!
In my opinion, that's like calling a knife bad. Its just a tool, how its used by an individual determines if the consequence is good or bad.
I agree on that people in general looking up symptoms on Google is a bad idea., they don't understand basic principles like think horses not zebras, but some sites like mayo clinic provide really good information for patients on what to expect during surgeries, what kind of food to eat, medicine before/after food, who should avoid it etc.

Back