Do you carry pocket knives? If yes what blade do you carry?

I got few knives. some CRKTs and a Spyderco. Collected them over years. I went to spyderco factory and couldnt resist buying manix and a bug. the bug lives on my keychain. could call it my EDC :p
Spyderco Bug
View attachment 177897
CRKT M16-12z
View attachment 177896
CRKT CEO
View attachment 177894
CRKT Provoke
View attachment 177893
Spyderco Manix2 with black blade.
View attachment 177892

Oh I forgot, I also have Cutco sentoku chefs knife and misen chefs knife and paring knife. They are my prized possessions.
And my paragliding kit always has a leatherman wingman
View attachment 177898
/r/knives is leaking :p

Carrying a knife is a false sense of security
Being able to use a knife is a skill to be learnt and a mindset to cause harm is not always easy to develop
Knife fights are the worst fights to get into even for skilled knife practioners

I rather equip myself with common sense, a good pair of lungs and running shoes when needed :)

Carrying a knife is a false sense of security
Being able to use a knife is a skill to be learnt and a mindset to cause harm is not always easy to develop
Knife fights are the worst fights to get into even for skilled knife practioners

I rather equip myself with common sense, a good pair of lungs and running shoes when needed :)
23e595e3c09d746a22642ea55d912380.gif

Indiana Jones already answered this, but thats not the point. for some its just pure enthusiasm and excitement. We dont question some peoples on this forum for their obsession with legos and other stuff. Or I should say, why the f you need a RTX4090 :p

I carry victorinox swiss army knife. There are many variants of them and I've a good collection of them.
Now from self defence prospective. I know I can inflict decent damage with them incase the need arise as they are sharp and durable . If that is what you want to know

But my usage till now has only been for just hiking and traveling purpose. Fortunately nothing has happened except I have only drawn once in a jungle for self defence purpose when I was all alone and felt I was being followed . It is something I find reliable enough to atleast give me a decent fighting chance in case of some serious situation .

This message is only to let you know that those knife are quite decent multipurpose and can be used in many situations.

@op: if you want some suggestion for good swiss army knife variant . let me know. I can suggest you.

Last edited:
Will it not be a nightmare with scanners present everywhere and anywhere in India for security -- like everyone is carrying a bomb. The knife will always show up when frisked or scanned. Then the 100 questions....

Will it not be a nightmare with scanners present everywhere and anywhere in India for security -- like everyone is carrying a bomb. The knife will always show up when frisked or scanned. Then the 100 questions....
In my experience nobody ever actually checks you when the scanner goes off outside of an airport. Malls, metros, trains - it always goes off and I've never been checked. In fact, it's probably better for it to be in your pocket than in your bag or something, because they'll actually see that on the X-ray machine.

All the scanners and such are basically security theater, except even more ineffective than usual since it's very obvious that it's not taken seriously and I can't imagine anyone feels safer because of it.

All the scanners and such are basically security theater, except even more ineffective than usual since it's very obvious that it's not taken seriously and I can't imagine anyone feels safer because of it.
Not really. If you know how they work.

By going off, you might mean the small alarm tone it makes when we carry something metal. That is not actually alarming to the security present, because if someone is carrying any actual heavy metal object (like a gun, not lightweight like a knife) the metal detector GOES OFF. Like crazy. Not like single or two beeps it gives when you carry keys/knives/coins or phone.

Not really. If you know how they work.

By going off, you might mean the small alarm tone it makes when we carry something metal. That is not actually alarming to the security present, because if someone is carrying any actual heavy metal object (like a gun, not lightweight like a knife) the metal detector GOES OFF. Like crazy. Not like single or two beeps it gives when you carry keys/knives/coins or phone.
Interesting, I didn't know that. Is it based on the total mass of metal, or the density? Because I've definitely walked through those scanners with lots of metal in my bag and such, but maybe that's not enough to trigger the higher alarm? The most I've gotten is a few seconds of loud, continuous beeping, but not that loud, at least in the context of a mall or train station.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Is it based on the total mass of metal, or the density? Because I've definitely walked through those scanners with lots of metal in my bag and such, but maybe that's not enough to trigger the higher alarm?
Try a gun next time /s :stop:
The most I've gotten is a few seconds of loud, continuous beeping, but not that loud, at least in the context of a mall or train station.
Yes. Dense and large metal objects cause different reactions than smaller items.

Seeing all this, wondering how weapons made of toughened / special plastics will appear in security scanning systems.
If a person with enough will want to do this, they definitely can.

Personally I'd advise against carrying a weapon in India, police can and will charge you depending on which side of the bed the officer woke on.

Also it will not make you anymore safe, just because you have a weapon on you doesn't mean people will not try you, if you live in such environment then there will be always someone who will take you on then you have to go through with it, no half measures.

are you willing to do that? Get a gun license instead and carry a smith&wesson, but again the same rules apply here, & a lot of self control.

Be Safe!

Also it will not make you anymore safe, just because you have a weapon on you doesn't mean people will not try you, if you live in such environment then there will be always someone who will take you on then you have to go through with it, no half measures.
Was thinking the same. Because where I'm from, should I find myself in a situation where I'm pulling a knife, it'll likely end like this (0- 0:14).

I carry a Leatherman Wave (got it from the US a few years back) as a general EDC fix-all tool.
I have the attached clip with it - easily slips in the jeans. Have been frisked at malls etc. but always manages to slip through.

Seeing all this, wondering how weapons made of toughened / special plastics will appear in security scanning systems.
If a person with enough will want to do this, they definitely can.
There are guns, as far as I've read, made from such materials. But they are way too expensive, so not practical. (and NO, the Glock is not such gun, even though Die Hard fans might disagree)
Coming to the original question, I have something like this in my wallet.
PROTOS INDIA.NET ™ Multi Function 11 in 1 Pocket Tool Emergency Survival Tool Camping Pocket Tool (Multifunction Tool) https://amzn.eu/d/bwGfhuN

^ there is a tactical dagger/straight blade knife my friend wanted to buy. its totally legal here in usa and fully made from composite material. as in it wont beep the metal detector. but it doesnt have an edge just poking type. cant recollect its name... also very expensive.

Below are my EDC.

UDEE 8 in 1 multifunction. Used for tearing packages. Wraps around my house key.

1694768623894.png

Pocketool from Kickstarter. This one is in my backpack all the time.

1694768677031.png

When opened.
1694768701166.png

Lastly, my first foldable knife from decathlon, suited for cutting fruits.
1694768758743.png

Last edited:
Back