"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

I follow NO emi purchases policy as well.
This policy has some challenges too.
Firstly 95% case you may get processing fees refund too but sometimes they don't.
So that is charged even if order gets cancelled.

It all depends on bank to bank but even hdfc does do natak as if doing favor in returning.

As for SBI I have not heard good things either but no personal experience.

Firstly 95% case you may get processing fees refund too but sometimes they don't.

It all depends on bank to bank but even hdfc does do natak as if doing favor in returning.

tell me one thing a friend bought something today morning on emi on my hdfc card whats the easiest way to cancel it?

Welcome and good to know you got the deal.

However something would like to point out ...you told me to go ahead and you will transfer the money once you get to the home from market.

It was in my cart and I was just one click away. There was only 2 showing in stock and I was thinking what if it gets out of stock ... so was watching it very closely.

In meantime you also started discussing with other member and then after quite a while you went ahead with him.

I am glad I stick to my policy of no making the order till I got the payment.

Because two things...firstly it was not cost emi order so may be I would have got charged for processing fee even if order was cancelled.

Second Amazon customer care is becoming a pain to reach out and they have started to become not so helpful.

My genuine request here is kindly let the other person know that you might be getting done through someone so that atleast he can avoid unnecessary trouble trying to help.

Anyways just hope this point can help everyone here...card owners and buyers.
Sorry about that brother. It was just due to the UPI not being available with you, nothing else. My daughter was with me and I had a toy with me for her and entering those details and checking them at that time would have been tough or me. And yes, don't ever pay for someone else's order without getting the payment beforehand.
Even now, I paid Sanjeev before he placed the order.

With Samir it's different as we have bonded over the years so he places the order before the payment sometimes.
But it's good to get the payment before placing the order. I mean you can cancel the order but just to be safe and for peace of mind.
Sorry again brother.

I might need help with HDFC credit card to purchase a laptop worth 23k-ish from FK. If anyone has spare please let me know.

And regarding the extra discount being offered on no cost EMI, what's the deal with it? Like will HDFC charge some extra fees like processing etc to negate the benefits offered or what?

I might need help with HDFC credit card to purchase a laptop worth 23k-ish from FK. If anyone has spare please let me know.

And regarding the extra discount being offered on no cost EMI, what's the deal with it? Like will HDFC charge some extra fees like processing etc to negate the benefits offered or what?
I can help
I can help
Basically no cost emi is nothing but the emi amount is discounted at the beginning of the sale and is chargedback on a monthly basis. You have to pay the processing fees plus gst and the Gst on the total interest amount.
Its not useful apart from a few niche scenarios..

Yes, that's why I never go for EMI purchases. Many a times they will ask for 3% foreclosure charges. Refund of processing charges is always hit n miss. So better to avoid it.

Basically no cost emi is nothing but the emi amount is discounted at the beginning of the sale and is chargedback on a monthly basis. You have to pay the processing fees plus gst and the Gst on the total interest amount.
Its not useful apart from a few niche scenarios..
Yes, that's why I never go for EMI purchases. Many a times they will ask for 3% foreclosure charges. Refund of processing charges is always hit n miss. So better to avoid it.
Actually, it sometimes gives more than 2k instant discount compared to normal payment (on around 1 lakh rupees order I have seen a difference of as much as 7k+) & that is why many ppl (mis)use it by availing extra instant discount for emi txn then immediately converting emi to non-emi txn same day or next day. This is the next loophole to be targeted by cc/banks in future after airport lounge access devaluation. Foreclosure charge comes at a very later stage currently which is why ppl are (mis)using it. If you know your bank/cc emi policy then you can get away with as low as few hundred rupees or not even that for converting emi to non-emi txn.

If you still need it, please dm me

Back