"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

I think what @guest_999 mentioned and you both same. Basically infinia is not the card linked to FD, in other words its not secured card. Of-course you got infinia after creating FD of 10L, so your branch manager/some one raise a special request to CC division to issue a infinia card. Usually secured/FD linked card will be valid till FD is active.
Correct. There is no "FD linked card" concept in HDFC bank.
@webgupta

Theek hai bhai. Hum galat hai. I got mine that way that’s what I said they might have changed. Ab Kya karna hai bolo
Faltu ka argument karke kya karna hai
I am not arguing here, just clearing the "misunderstanding". I am also curious about what made you think your infinia card was ever "officially" linked to FD. I am quite interested in credit card sector & might even try to get some business opportunity there in future if possible. As far as I know, no bank in India "officially" link any of their top end card to a FD. Officially here means there is a written contract/agreement tying the FD to that card in bank's system/paperwork.

how do you show it in ITR?
No such option to show, if your total credit card spend is not matching with your ITR then you will get a notice from IT department to explain the mismatch.
Most cards have fee waivers below 10L therefore it does not show up in AIS (ITR) so everything's fine
It is not that easy. If you spend 6-7 lakh on credit cards but file an itr of 2 lakh then high chances you will get a notice sooner or later. Nowadays all such things are analysed by big data analytics centre of IT dept so very hard to escape unnoticed as pan number is linked everywhere in such online txns(hence the importance of cash in black economy nowadays).

Last edited:
Back