Do you justify protests against Bush's visit to India?

You know, a few years back, USA denied India getting the Technology (from Isreal), to Stop Nuclear Missiles from hitting our Turf? What stops them from doing that shit again??? Like stopping us from getting France's Jets, or more Tech from Isreal?

CaaYoTee said:
Do you justify the nationwide protests against Bush's (Dubya :p ) visit to india by the Muslim community, CPM/CPI etc. ?

The Muslim community is coupling this visit along with the overblown rage against Dannish cartoons and the US led war against IRAQ, afghanistan...

The Communists (CPM/CPI) are as usual against the capitalist policies of the US and as such protest against all things with a 'USA' tag..

(Btw,does Dubya deserve all this attention..?:bleh: :rofl: )
Considering that the way they protested in Mumbai (and i got stuck right in the middle of the protests at VT subway yest :mad:) i dont think its justified.
But, looking at a few angles of the deal, i can say i am not quite against it either.
Hence have choosen cant say.
Will have to wait and watch the consequences.

these protests are a waste of time and money.those ppl are usually just paid to protest and some just fkin go fer kicks.all fkin politically motivated.also y doesnt india just pump more cash into DRDO for development of better tech.cos the politicians want to take a bit out of the deals with other countries.also doing these protests again and again will reduce the effect of protesting,so even wen the protest is for a good cause,ther wontbe much effect as everyone will b fkin used to them.

Aces170 said:
Man the 2 lakh protestors in South Mumbai yesterday !!! And whas the big deal protesting about the danish cartoons to Bush !! ?

South Mumbai was choked last evening...

2 Lakh??i think they were much more in numbers...whatta scene in south mumbai..near VT and azad maidan..:mad: i had been to VT for train reservations and was stuck there as those guys burnt effigies on the chowk outside VT..

Phuck..i mean the police did nothing against the protestors..:no:

When i eventually came out and went to the Bus stop near TOI building, DN road, all the advertisement posters atop the bust stops had been torn down..you can still see them today...they even shattered the tubelights inside..

I mean,WTF?? what is the meaning of destroying public property to mark the protests against a guy who's sitting comfortably thousands of kms away at a suave hotel, unperturbed by the shout n cry??

the end result? wasting a day, shouting and crying, burning effigies, destroying public property and then going home..feeling sooo accomplished..I cud see the happiness on their faces perched on top of truck roofs and buses..as if they had won a war..when they actually caused a lot of trouble for fellow mumbaikars, and made the life miserable for normal office goers..:mad:

Absolute nonsense ! Can somebody give those "Left leaders" a nice kick on my behalf !

A$$holes ruin every step India tries to take forward...

goldenfrag said:
You know, a few years back, USA denied India getting the Technology (from Isreal), to Stop Nuclear Missiles from hitting our Turf? What stops them from doing that shit again??? Like stopping us from getting France's Jets, or more Tech from Isreal?
this time its different huney..the ndeal is such tht if us stops to export fuel india stops to maintain her promises about safeguards also india can get oil from any countries so as russia which was so far a dream due to the international sanctions.
I just wish indias 70% was educated india wud have kick any damn economies of da world!! but its rising:)

Anish said:
Absolute nonsense ! Can somebody give those "Left leaders" a nice kick on my behalf !

A$$holes ruin every step India tries to take forward...

Kick is being too kind to them.

Leave them in a room with a few savage, desperate gays and then hand what remains over to cannibals.

Telecast the whole thing LIVE on Doordarshan to warn the ones who got away.....

CaaYoTee said:
2 Lakh??i think they were much more in numbers...whatta scene in south mumbai..near VT and azad maidan..:mad: i had been to VT for train reservations and was stuck there as those guys burnt effigies on the chowk outside VT..

Phuck..i mean the police did nothing against the protestors..:no:

When i eventually came out and went to the Bus stop near TOI building, DN road, all the advertisement posters atop the bust stops had been torn down..you can still see them today...they even shattered the tubelights inside..

I mean,WTF?? what is the meaning of destroying public property to mark the protests against a guy who's sitting comfortably thousands of kms away at a suave hotel, unperturbed by the shout n cry??

the end result? wasting a day, shouting and crying, burning effigies, destroying public property and then going home..feeling sooo accomplished..I cud see the happiness on their faces perched on top of truck roofs and buses..as if they had won a war..when they actually caused a lot of trouble for fellow mumbaikars, and made the life miserable for normal office goers..:mad:

As they say, Empty mind..devil's workshop!! No sane family man and working class guy would indulge into such acts. They could have protested in a peaceful way,but like hooligans, they went on a rampage around the city. it just goes on to prove that they have little or no respect for

the system. And that damage and destruction is their only means of voicing their resentment. They shud know that this way they are just making a fool out of themselves....:p

Do they even know that they are building disrespect for their religion world over. Or are they so consumed with hatred that they have given up rational thinking.

In fact they have built so much disrespect for their religion that in western countries, after 9/11 and the UK Bomb blasts, every muslim is shadowed and closely watched by the inteliigence sleuths..for them, any muslim is a potential threat...what can be more disrespectful than this? Because of a few illiterate fools, the whole community including innocent people are seen with suspicion..

They all praise Bin Laden as if he is God..when all he is doing is spreading hatred among his people and the world...but has any one of them aspired to be like our President, APJ Abdul Kalam? The one Muslim, every indian is proud of? The one Muslim I'm proud of...

well tothe muslims this war against against west is a religios war rather than normal stuff i hate this ****ing dipshit they always brings religions as they r in a mission to cover 100% of population in their religion.

the thing is the other muslim fellows should'nt indulge in all this crackpot thing..watever saddam or bin laden do its their concern and their reasons, other muslim fellows should keep out of it... and as far as point of view (of US) is concerned if tommorow some indian also does similar kind of atk on US they will tend to look at every indian as a potential threat :rofl:

Systemic anomaly said:
the thing is the other muslim fellows should'nt indulge in all this crackpot thing..watever saddam or bin laden do its their concern and their reasons, other muslim fellows should keep out of it... and as far as point of view (of US) is concerned if tommorow some indian also does similar kind of atk on US they will tend to look at every indian as a potential threat

^^the only point is that no sane Indian wud ever do something like that..cos there's simply no reason for doing anything like that..:p

on the contrary, the NRIs are so well educated and holding such high positions in the US that most politcians in the US see them as an asset..in fact the Indian-American community contributes heavily to the political campaigns of the democrats and the republics..the political parties know that they cannot ignore the community anymore...Indian-Americans held a distinct position in the political fabric of America....So they cannot be seen as a threat at all..:)

As for the muslims indulging in the war waged by Bin laden and Saddam, the only reason is because they have stopped thinking rationally and the only driving force is the religion. They dont know how Bin Laden is taking them all for a ride in the name of religion..he is simply playing with the religious emotions of the people for his own benefit..Something these guys dont seem to understand..or as it seems, DONT WANT to understand..:no:

You guys should read the book called "the Trouble with Islam today" by Irshad Manji. She is a Muslim feminist lesbian :p All the things a good muslim woman is not supposed to be :p

From here on, if the content of my post hurts any muslim, please edit it at once.

Anyway, this lady has researched the Quran throroughly and written abt her findings.

the quran says "respect Women". A few lines later it also says this "women are your fields. Enter them and plough them as and when you like".

The quran also says heaps affection on Abraham(grandfather of the three religions... judaism, christianity and Islam). It extols Jesus as "messiah" more than once. Christ's mother MAry gets several positive mentiones. To boot, the Quran reminds us of the Jews' "exalted" nationhood".

On the other hand the Quran explicitly anoints Islam as the only "true faith".

This book is a must read for everyone. Muslims included......

I am dead against his visit to india that too about discussions on nuke weapons.its all bcos of congress.they shud have shown their backs to USA wen the talk abt his visit began.atleast the visit shud not be on our nuclear weapons.rest of the world is aware that one day we'll be emerging a super power apart from IT.so,bush and USA wants to stop us .

Well, I, for one, absolutely do not justify these protests on Bush's visit. So what if these guys didn't like his visit? Does that mean that they should cause damage to thier country? Does that mean they should run around like madmen and burn effigys and stuff?

Perhaps they were just hoping that the action would be caught on TV so that Bush may see it. And if you saw the paper, the same thing will happen in Hyderabad too. "Aerial black welcome" with kites having derogatory messages about Bush. So these guys think they are creative. I think they are mad.

Anything that helps a nation's progress should never be opposed, and those who do oppose should (IMO) be nuked.

As for my personal opinion of Bush, American friends of mine have confused me now, due to which I'm not so sure of his intentions. For that reason, I shall not hate him, but I shall also be wary of him.

BTW, Americans hate the UN ("The UN is nothing but a useless body of scoundrels on chairs"; direct quote from one of my friends). They feel the UN sits around too much, and are unwilling to enforce any sanctions or decisions that it puts on anything.

They also told me that if John Kerry had been the US president, the USA would have been overrun by terrorists by now. They said that Kerry changes his mind "according to the direction of the wind", and that he never has a firm decision, and he's a smooth talker and does not like war, even as a last resort. But everyone has to go to war when they have no choice, had Kerry been around, he'd have delayed the decision of any war till the time the USA as well as other countires were overrun by terrorists.

Now, don't blame me for the previous paragraph, those are the views of my friends in the USA. Think of it as you will. :)

Back