Documentaries worth Watching ?

Now instead of searching on google for top documentaries or something, i am going to youtube and just typing "documentaries" and from the results, whatever interests me, i am watching.
Today i watched one on counterfeiting and how China is the main source of counterfeit goods all round the world. Even fake eggs.
Here is link..

I do that occasionally too since quality documentaries are rare these days. Thanks for the link to the counterfeit one, was entertaining to watch.

Watched another one on North Korea (yeah i like watching docs on this country). It is called DPRK..Land of whispers, something like that.
Search on youtube, it is around 58 minutes long. I found this documentary on North Korea better than many others I have seen.

I am currently downloading, How to make a Boeing 747.

Watched another one on North Korea (yeah i like watching docs on this country). It is called DPRK..Land of whispers, something like that.
Search on youtube, it is around 58 minutes long. I found this documentary on North Korea better than many others I have seen.

I am currently downloading, How to make a Boeing 747.

Saw this earlier this year, also based on the DPKR but it's from their perspective and shows the other side of the coin.
Watch if you haven't, it's really interesting.

I really like watching Food Factory on Discovery (comes at 7 Pm daily...but keeps repeating). I would really like if they showed factories of India, may be like Parle G or something similar.
They do show factories of samosa, boondi, sambhar etc but those are the ones located in North America.

Also had watched the episodes of Customs on Nat Geo but i guess very few episodes came and now they are being repeated. Same with Baggage Battles.

Brain Games coming on Nat Geo is really very good. I like it a lot.
On the other hand, Ancient Aliens is a total hokum series. There is so much speculation and assumption, useless show.

Brain Games coming on Nat Geo is really very good. I like it a lot.
On the other hand, Ancient Aliens is a total hokum series. There is so much speculation and assumption, useless show.

Nat geo/History fan like me.

I like pawn stars a lot.Baggage battles do have new episodes but thats very limited hardly 5-6 episodes than just repeats.
Also counts custom and kings of restoration are good but again repeat is common there too.

Man versus wild also is good untill he starts searching some weird food to survive.Mostly he does same when i have my lunch plate in my hand .lol.

@MAGNeT

Evening when i reach home by 7, first i see Food Factory. If i reach early i see Pawn stars.
Baggage battles also i love but all repeats now.
I liked storage wars but that does not come anymore.
Customs is also repeating now.

Food factory is bring repeated from past two years. Same type of series is How its Made on Discovery science. Its usually about machines but they show food products from time to time.

Megafactories, Megastructures...all is repeating now. Nothing new as such. They need to start showing immediately what they show in USA and such. Assuming there is not so much repetition there.

here are some of my favourites leaving out some already mentioned here :

Burma VJ
Exit Through A Gift shop
Food Inc
PearlJam Twenty
Metal - A headbangers Journey
Planet Earth
Searching for Sugarman
Story Of India
BBC - Flipping Out
Waste Land
Bus 174
Cocaine Cowboys
Grizzly Man
WoodStock
Indie Game - The Movie
TPB - AFK
It Might Get Loud
Pumping Iron
Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage
Festival Express
Everything by Anant patwardhan

I found many i haven't seen from this thread..great recommendations guys!!

I sometimes watch Brad Meltzer's Decoded on history and it has so much useless drama. The way those 2 guys and lady look at each other when some random person 'reveals' something. Looks so much made up and over acting.

I Shouldn't be Alive with all new episodes.
Not the repeat ones, but sometimes its repeat show is very good to watch then the other Junk shows.

BTW Where is the popular show of history channel Ice Road Truckers, i think it has been eaten by popular Pawn Stars and junk Ancient Aliens.

And from the National Geographic I loved to watch Banged Up Abroad but again it is discontinued by the show brain games which is not so good show and there is also a show Air Crash Investigation, this is also a good show.

Last edited:
Back