Documentaries worth Watching ?

Bringing this thread back from dead. I would recommend downloading the Discovery+ app on your phone or fire stick and can watch the numerous free documentaries which are available and I feel the premium is also not expensive at Rs. 300 per year.

There was a good documentary on Animal Planet watch years ago.
It was about herds of lions and elephants how they took revenge against each other for years..

Tigers killed calf and elephants took revenge against same, killing tigers cubs.. and went on for years.
If anyone can find it, kindly suggest..

Everyone should 100% watch All or nothing : Manchester city (Amazon prime original). An absolute recommened regardless if you're not a man city fan.

Can't wait to watch the tottenham documentary soon.

There was a good documentary on Animal Planet watch years ago.
It was about herds of lions and elephants how they took revenge against each other for years..

Tigers killed calf and elephants took revenge against same, killing tigers cubs.. and went on for years.
If anyone can find it, kindly suggest..

Lol that sounds like one of those manufactured tales to keep viewers engaged, nature documakers are notorious for doing this.
What got to me in recent years was the overexaggerated and fake sound effects in the new Planet Earth series.

Lol that sounds like one of those manufactured tales to keep viewers engaged, nature documakers are notorious for doing this.
What got to me in recent years was the overexaggerated and fake sound effects in the new Planet Earth series.

This reminded me, my uncle who worked in the forest service had told me long ago that most of the 'reality' nature shows are fake and scripted. Later i realised pretty much everything in every form of 'produced' media is scripted :-/

Well you can't fault them from doing that. As the guy in the video says, there's no technology for recording sounds from far away. And a documentary with only reading facts, without 'mini-narratives', people won't just watch them.

If anything, the video you posted disagrees with your own comment and defends the BBC Planet Earth documentaries. Just imagine David Attenborough going with "the lioness has caught the deer. And here's a video of cobra's den." :p

Well you can't fault them from doing that. As the guy in the video says, there's no technology for recording sounds from far away. And a documentary with only reading facts, without 'mini-narratives', people won't just watch them.

I know most of the sounds have always been fake which is why I said overexaggerated but they went a bit overboard with Planet Earth, I mean a blade of grass has the sound of metal springs/cables ffs and their intention was to make it sound like a spring not a blade of grass.

And a documentary with only reading facts, without 'mini-narratives', people won't just watch them.
If anything, the video you posted disagrees with your own comment and defends the BBC Planet Earth documentaries. Just imagine David Attenborough going with "the lioness has caught the deer. And here's a video of cobra's den." :p

Can't really help it if people have lower attention spans these days, I've been watching nature documentaries since I was a kid and I never needed a low key Ghajini sequel plot to keep me from falling asleep.
There are literally hundreds of award winning pre 20th Century Fox NaTGeo documentaries (the one where the slides go around before the feature starts) that had more visuals than narration and didn't need a revenge story to keep viewers engaged.

As long as they're not telling lies, I honestly don't care about the filmmaking tricks like sound effects and carefully ordered footage.

On the other hand, this is much more harmful:

All those 'documentaries' about mythical creatures and ancient aliens deserve our wrath.

Any idea what platform this is available on for streaming?

Edit: it's discovery+.

On that note, anyone know why discovery+ has shoddily edited down Top Gear series 20+ from their 1hr running time to 43 minutes?

Discovery+ is 249/- for year if you got the Amazon Fire TV Stick.

If anyone is interested in the Voyager missions checkout "The Farthest".

I couldn't find any streaming sites which has this. But if you do come across any platform that has it , just give it a watch.

Last edited:
Back