Does any one know what happened to Erodov ?

I still lurk around, I do notice discussions and reviews have slowed down..,but there's a place for this to grow, I wish you guys well wherever you are moving towards

Strangely although i registered whilst still a child i find myself returning more as the world turns in on itself in a Bizzare implosion. Like many i have abandoned every form of "social" media and am largely restricted to Youtube. I might be one of the "new generation' kids that many in this thread are talking about - too late to be a millennial, possibly too early for Gen Z.

Hopefully people who are curious as our ^ user will read this and understand a little bit of what happened. This is just me stating my opinion, not fact. The founder of erodov, Karan Misra (kidoman) is still alive and is currently the CTO of sostronk (Custom Game Matchmaking for CS GO mainly) so he's not dead.
I had also wrote a post here before about how a month back or so before it closed kidoman made a thread stating that he was planning to shift the servers or how the whole forum platform it was run upon would be shifted and that he couldn't afford the cost of maintaining the servers anymore (the details are muddy since it has been quite a while, really wished i took a screenshot of that page).
So when erodov stopped working i thought he was just doing what he planned to do, change stuff around etc etc. What most likely occured was he just decided it wasn't worth it anymore, and that it would be the best way to close down the forum by just shutting it down without any sort of official proper announcement.
And to be fair, that forum, even though i joined only in 2019 was honestly bad and was an absolute desert aside from the buy and sell threads (which i really don't know why had much better deals compared to techenclave). From memory alone, looking at threads from way back in perhaps the 2000s and early 2010s, it has zero resemblance to what erodov was now like. It was an era long gone. On top of that, if we look from his pov, Even I wouldn't even spend any more of my money to maintain a forum that became olx 2 and nothing more.
Overall i don't expect erodov to come back, hell it's been a bloody year already.

Last edited:
Hopefully people who are curious as our ^ user will read this and understand a little bit of what happened. This is just me stating my opinion, not fact. The founder of erodov, Karan Misra (kidoman) is still alive and is currently the CTO of sostronk (Custom Game Matchmaking for CS GO mainly) so he's not dead.
I had also wrote a post here before about how a month back or so before it closed kidoman made a thread stating that he was planning to shift the servers or how the whole forum platform it was run upon would be shifted and that he couldn't afford the cost of maintaining the servers anymore (the details are muddy since it has been quite a while, really wished i took a screenshot of that page).
So when erodov stopped working i thought he was just doing what he planned to do, change stuff around etc etc. What most likely occured was he just decided it wasn't worth it anymore, and that it would be the best way to close down the forum by just shutting it down without any sort of official proper announcement.
And to be fair, that forum, even though i joined only in 2019 was honestly bad and was an absolute desert aside from the buy and sell threads (which i really don't know why had much better deals compared to techenclave). From memory alone, looking at threads from way back in perhaps the 2000s and early 2010s, it has zero resemblance to what erodov was now like. It was an era long gone. On top of that, if we look from his pov, Even I wouldn't even spend any more of my money to maintain a forum that became olx 2 and nothing more.
Overall i don't expect erodov to come back, hell it's been a bloody year already.
Still thats really sad the forum closed down although it was really becoming olx but we would have got more options to buy and sell stuffs first ebay and then erodov.I want to ask how much funding does it take to run a forum that lead him to close it?

eBay is not there either, not anymore. Selling now is very difficult, very very difficult.
It's why I have blacklisted Flipkart as a matter of principle. They have a habit of buying a competitor and then killing it. They did the same thing with LetsBuy.com about 10 years ago. I hate Flipkart for other reasons too but this is not the time and place to go into details.

Off Topic : What happened to Erodov. I used to frequent there, but haven't logged on in 5-6 years. I heard it shut down.
A lot of the members here originally started trading in Erodov first before anywhere else. It's sad to see such a great place with some great and awesome members just die like that. Anyways, hope this doesn't happen with this forum anytime soon.

A lot of the members here originally started trading in Erodov first before anywhere else. It's sad to see such a great place with some great and awesome members just die like that. Anyways, hope this doesn't happen with this forum anytime soon.
Well erodov members have already shifted here and might try erode Te as well just by taking interest only in markets section like erodov was just a forum based olx platform.. But given the staff and activeness of mods here such practices can be curbed/controlled!

Last edited:
It's why I have blacklisted Flipkart as a matter of principle. They have a habit of buying a competitor and then killing it. They did the same thing with LetsBuy.com about 10 years ago. I hate Flipkart for other reasons too but this is not the time and place to go into details.
Same. I'm still mega salty with what Flipkart did with eBay. Fk FK.
I wonder where did those ebay sellers go. There were talks of ebay relaunching in India but still nothing.

Back