Domain buying and hosting queries

Namecheap is the best for domains.

As for hosting, I would really recommend Hostgator. They're cheap and one of the best. If that's costly for you, I guess you'll have to go for Indian hosting.

I have used x10hosting and it's pretty good for a free host. I haven't faced any problems ever, but it's a free host and you can never guarantee anything.

Btw, if you do decide to go for domains from Namecheap and don't wanna go through Paypal hassles, let me know. I have some bucks in my Namecheap account which I won't be using. I can buy the domain for you and transfer the doman to your account. You can transfer me the equivalent Rs via NEFT.

Namecheap is the best for domains.

As for hosting, I would really recommend Hostgator. They're cheap and one of the best. If that's costly for you, I guess you'll have to go for Indian hosting.

I have used x10hosting and it's pretty good for a free host. I haven't faced any problems ever, but it's a free host and you can never guarantee anything.

Btw, if you do decide to go for domains from Namecheap and don't wanna go through Paypal hassles, let me know. I have some bucks in my Namecheap account which I won't be using. I can buy the domain for you and transfer the doman to your account. You can transfer me the equivalent Rs via NEFT.

you got iPad/equivalent amount from Namecheap?

you got iPad/equivalent amount from Namecheap?

Lol nope.
<
That amount I received via Paypal.
<

I have some in my account since a long time now. I won't be buying so many domains and I can't get it transfered to Paypal. So looking to help anyone who doesn't wanna go through hassles of dollar conversion and blah blah stuff from Paypal/Google Checkout.

I need to know one more thing, is xyz.in a problem compared to xyz.com?

As I searched the net for differences between the two and there's simply none whatsoever, except denoting that it's an Indian site similarly, .au and other such endings.

Take my site as an example search for Techmax in google you will find the .com domains are given more priority than mine. I get a minimum of 300 hits/day which with confidence i can say is beating the .com domains .

I need to know one more thing, is xyz.in a problem compared to xyz.com?

As I searched the net for differences between the two and there's simply none whatsoever, except denoting that it's an Indian site similarly, .au and other such endings.

you said this is for a college photoblog so search engine preference is not of your concern unless you want to monetize it.

#comp@addict If you go with Hawkhost, use the first coupon code listed here: http://www.retailmen...ew/hawkhost.com - Flat 50% Off for Web Hosting Talk Forum users
<
<

Another option is www.stablehost.com

They have a 35% off for life coupon : 35OFF4LIFE

Why not just set your xyz.in domain to redirect to your xyz.wordpress.com blog?

Edit: guess this option is not worth it, if you're keen on search results.

Edit2: I guess hosting on wordpress itself and paying the 12$ fee to use your own domain would be the cheapest and most reliable option.

Well then finally where do I settle on there are soo many names.

Bigrock for domain is 99 for the first year, a .in domain.

and hosting in bigrock, I'll be using "http://www.bigrock.in/web-hosting/index.php" the BUSINESS plan.

If I choose 1 year, I have to pay 1 year money in one go right?

should I go ahead with bigrock or is there a cheaper/better alternative at a lower price point?

^ lol...change currency into INR and its showing Rs.29/month and 348/year don't know how that works. May be they have an indian reseller or something. Damn thats cheaper for India than US.

I went on to create a account (to see whether price in $ shows up finally or not) and i thought it would go to paypal right away for checkout but it just created an account
<
and says pay the due bill via paypal and complete setup. Sh!t now I have a email in my inbox waiting for me to pay Rs.348 which i will ignore anyways.

Similar setup was used on Virpus VPS. I rented a VPS for a month for $4 for tinkering around and some downloads.

Guys, the hostso "ACHIEVE" pack

in that I get a DOMAIN and HOSTING @ 3$ a month right?

I think that's an awesome deal don't you think so?

Back