DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

Quick question is any one facing any difficulty placing bets on Dota 2 Lounge? And How do you check since how many days is your steam mobile authenticator is turned on

I'll try to come online a little later. Drop a post if you want to play co-op bot. PM me your steam profile link.

My steam ID is Player I am on Jc's frnd list all dota 2 guys here can add me. Please note that I never ever played any MMO or moba games before.

Last edited:
Not me but I would love to see the end-game score showing the items build. Dotabuff no longer allow free users access to the build and some other tabs. :/
@quan chi he is not on my list. You can pm me your steam profile link.

Last edited:
Tomorrow the real drama happens when he releases a statement. It was pretty weird though. He hosted 3 TIs without any problem and now suddenly this.

Its not about how many TI's he has hosted. I believe he got in the nerves of those Perfect World staff when he ignored them and PW made a complaint to Valve who swiftly called him back. The way PW/Valve reacted its as if this Shanghai Major is being run properly lol. Too bad this $3M event will be one of the worst (if not the worst) dota 2 tournaments ever.
And obligatory tweet by EE long ago:
"Bad things happen when I go to China." lol.
Last chair it was about the chairs. This year its about 60Hz monitor, 2GD and PW itself.
Really, it was a very poor decision from Valve taking off someone who was literally the only thing keeping the tournament alive. Not an exaggeration as the tournament and streams were full of problems since day 1. Production value is sh!t! Perfect World is so not perfect.[DOUBLEPOST=1456550716][/DOUBLEPOST]I thought this was just a troll. Well damn. Gaben made a post on the issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/47sc46/update_from_the_shanghai_major/[DOUBLEPOST=1456552644][/DOUBLEPOST]James' reply.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/47sc46/update_from_the_shanghai_major/d0fa52i
Voted Oscar's Esports Drama of the Year 2016. Lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1456553572][/DOUBLEPOST]ODPixel "Lads on the production team looking fresh this morning."
https://twitter.com/ODPixel/status/703380399947431936
Well played.[DOUBLEPOST=1456567362][/DOUBLEPOST]Statement from James. Oh boy. Drama intensifies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/47tu4s/statement_from_james_to_valve_and_the_dota2/

Last edited:
How many people here plays this game? I need a mentor currently I have practiced as a support (lich). How you get to level 50? How do you know which items to use? when do you attack?
This game is very confusing.:banghead: Btw I hate random guys. Can anyone pls tell me where I can find similar skilled players so we can play & learn together?

Hmm...I see. I actually started playing it since the original WC3 Dota2 about 10 years ago. Back then i would buy only dps items and recipes. :p then i read guides on playdota.com. Heck i even got my aunt to print them from her office printers. xD i literally byhearted hundreds of pages and pages of guides and followed the exact builds in nearly all the matches. Slowly but steadily i learned to get different items and what items are good for what situations etc. I also noticed that many new players dont understand what a "Unique Attack Modifier" is. For eg. Items like Eye of Skadi and Desolator don't stack. Mjolnir is also a UAM but stacks with some other UAM.
As for the "skilled players" try local 5v5 on LAN or request for 5v5 on an indian channel in-game. You can also join party stacks but they may be too good for you.
I can't "coach" atm. Currently hospitalized (and boy its so boring) because of a road accident the other night. Might stay a few weeks so dota2 for me. :(
ps: had to smuggle this phone in. :D

^^What you have mentioned is a problem indeed which I would like to solve later. Currently I am stuck with the basics I want to know how to level up faster than enemy players,when to attack the enemy or how to know when they will attack & how do you make yourself strong enough to resist heavy attacks. BTW thanks for the reply & hope you recover soon!:)

Also I would NOT recommend anyone going solo in this game. In CS GO sometimes you may go solo but in DOTA 2 you should NEVER as it punishes you more for going solo. Communication & good player understanding are key skills in both of these games. Honestly speaking these are team based games & in solo you will find more douch**gs especially those who made this community so bad.

Have you tried https://www.reddit.com/r/learndota2/ ? It has some decent resources. Dota 2 has quite a learning curve. Keep playing with bots. If you want to level up faster get good at last hitting in lane. Host a local lobby and practice farming, see how many last hits you can manage till level 6. The laning stage usually lasts till level 6-7. After that it is grouping up, killing enemy heroes and taking towers.

Lich is a decent beginner hero with some nuances. Your third skill will give you mana and sacrifice a allied creep. Use this to deny experience in lane. Eat the creep before the wave reaches the enemy. Less creep for enemy to kill means less experience and gold for them. With the easily found mana use your first skill to harass enemy heroes in lane. It's quite a powerful spell which gives lich an advantage in laning. Since you have inbuilt mana giving spell dont make Arcane boots. Get Tranquils or Power Treads instead. Make mekansm to heal allies. Use your ultimate on grouped up enemies. It depends on multiple heroes to bounce so dont use it on solo heroes. And lastly, ALWAYS keep a teleportation scroll with you. They only cost 75 gold and they will save your life and your allies many times.

Good morning guys. Just woke up. :D
+1 to what JC said about lasthits. Try to lasthit and deny as many as you can and farm but know when to gank. I cannot stress this enough. Some players disappear from the map when they afk farm. For eg. Nature's Prophet and afk jungling Legion Commander. Tsk tsk.

Good morning guys. Just woke up. :D
+1 to what JC said about lasthits. Try to lasthit and deny as many as you can and farm but know when to gank. I cannot stress this enough. Some players disappear from the map when they afk farm. For eg. Nature's Prophet and afk jungling Legion Commander. Tsk tsk.
You are still jumping over the board. Gank is a long way to go.. Let him learn to last hit and stay alive in the lane and precisely that is what even he is asking.

i would advice to play the easy damage heroes first.
Learn the Mechanics of the game. Playing support is a bit hard, if you play a proper support that is.
I can help you with the game, PM me your steam ID.

You are still jumping over the board. Gank is a long way to go.. Let him learn to last hit and stay alive in the lane and precisely that is what even he is asking.
He won't be alive anymore if the other team comes for a gank. This is especially true in pubs with humans. FYI even bots know how to and their supports will harass the shit out of you. Often they will 4-man you (especially with an LC on their team) and with a hero with no escape mechanism like Puck or Anti-Mage or QoP etc you will be dead.

He won't be alive anymore if the other team comes for a gank. This is especially true in pubs with humans. FYI even bots know how to and their supports will harass the shit out of you. Often they will 4-man you (especially with an LC on their team) and with a hero with no escape mechanism like Puck or Anti-Mage or QoP etc you will be dead.
And you think all this will make sense to him ?

And you also gonna educate him to run before he can stand? Kindly remember your starting days on Dota. Also, back then it was Dota and not Dota 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1456732005][/DOUBLEPOST]@quan chi dont worry about someone coaching you. No one here was coached to play a game.. Just read what you get on internet and play more than worrying about coaches and tips. You will eventually find your feet like any of us did.

Back