Dragon Age 3: Inquisition - Discussion Thread

The DLC is out, and I am downloading it right now. Only on XBox One and PC for now. $15 in US, $10 in Origin Mexico, where I got it from. It's not very big, one big area like Hinterlands and a couple of boss fights.
u own a xbox one or pc?

And am done with the DLC. It was nice, clocked around 12 hours with whole map explored and one sidequest left. The boss fight at the end was decent and the dragon was pretty good too. Serra cut through him no problem though, maybe I should stop using her. The map is big and varied with swamps, forests, mountains, rivers and shorelines. Main quest is okay, good for the lore, side quests are so so, but the real attraction is the loot. Say hello to Tier 4 schematics :woot: Along with that there are fade touched materials everywhere, so you can have a lot of fun crafting. Worth $10 I would say.

Since I am unable to find a relevant thread therefore I am posting here. I started dragon age origins. Honestly the controls are a bit awkward for me. Is there any option with which we can move the camera with mouse instead of a & d. I mean like in other games when you have to move to right you move your mouse to right by holding the "w" or the forward button.

I changed my controls to wasd movement and mouse controlled party actions. Tactical view allows mouse screen scroll I believe.

Yes in normal view the camera is locked I believe, wasd or mouse right click movement and left click to select. Was awkward for a bit, got used to it.

Started this game on PS4. Being an RPG and Dragon age noob, I need some pointers from the pro people here. the only RPG I've played is mass effect (not a standard rpg I know), and I left skyrim after 15 or so hrs due to the enormity.
I've just started the game and feeling completely overwhelmed. SO many quest markers on map, so many upgrade trees, I am just not able to keep track of anything.
I'm playing a human mage and currently in hinterlands. Did a few simple quests, closed a rift easily and then suddenly got my ass handed over to me in the next rift. The combat looks tough. I was just spamming the few hotkeys in encounters. Do I have to control every party member or can I trust the AI to take care of them? I'm just not used to the tactical camera and it feels quite awkward. Is it really needed?
I really want to enjoy this and not go the skyrim way.

You don't have to control the party members, the AI can take care of them. You can tweak and fine tune their behavior if you want. You also don't need to use tactical camera. It's not as good as Dragon Age Origins, and you can issue all AI commands from normal view anyways. Use the pause combat to combine your abilities with party members to focus fire and take down larger threats.

The maps in Inquisition have different difficulty zones in them. You can get wiped out in seconds if you wander into a tougher zone. Check out the enemy levels before you engage. Bail out if they are too advanced. Avoid the dragon at all costs. Lastly, Hinterlands is absolutely huge and it is very possible to overlevel while fighting in Hinterlands. Do the main quests and get out of Hinterlands. Come back later.

Lastly, there are no healing spells and potions are limited. So use all your companion abilities in combat. Pause often to reevaluate and judge threats and assign the tank appropriately. You will be able to respec any member afterwards so skill progression is not set in stone. Good luck have fun.

You don't have to control the party members, the AI can take care of them.
Good to know this.
The maps in Inquisition have different difficulty zones in them.
Ahh, so I guess I haven't leveled up enough. Didn't bother checking the enemy level, as I was under the impression that being the first open area, every quest would be easy.
Will need to give that pause combat thing a try.
Thanks for the pointers.

Since you played Mass Effect I assume you know biotic combos. Inquisition has same type of combos with some sub-types. Mastering them will make the game much easier.

https://vrworld.com/2014/11/27/dragon-age-inquisition-skill-combo-guide/

Another tip is to get into crafting. Collect all materials you can find. Keep a lookout for "Fade-touched" materials. Use these in crafting to make some very powerful weapons and armor. Since you are running a mage you can later on take Knight Enchanter as a specialization and be basically invincible.

Since you played Mass Effect I assume you know biotic combos.
Not too much. Played a soldier there. Always played the soldier/warrior types when I had to choose, that's the reason I'm trying a mage this time. Yet to get comfortable with it.

Another tip is to get into crafting.
Yup, that should be quite important. I enjoy it when it's straight forward like far cry. but I'm assuming it won't be that simple here. But I've already started collecting the herbs/materials that I can find.
Roaming around on a horse won't do much for collection. Also it didn't feel fluid like say, Assassin's creed, RDR.[DOUBLEPOST=1485838935][/DOUBLEPOST]So visited that rift area again and the monsters were level 12. My party is level 4, no wonder they kicked the shit out of us. And I hadn't even bothered with upgrading the skills of my party members. So engaged some templars after upgrading and had a bit more control over the fight. Still let the AI handle the party but will get into more tactical combat once I get more hang of things. Still this was far more fun than my initial sessions. Thanks for the tips @Jc36

Last edited:
Back