Dragon Age 3: Inquisition - Discussion Thread

What performance boost?
Earlier it was thought that the DRM constancy checked arm/hdd or something to verify the exe running is proper or something like it.
It was agrued that if there is a crack it will remove this and that might increase the performance of the game a bit.
This is what i was referring too.

Same here. One of the most well optimized games i've played in recent times. Running very smooth. Loading times are a little long occasionally.

Same here. One of the most well optimized games i've played in recent times. Running very smooth. Loading times are a little long occasionally.
Yeah, Moving to and from from skyhold takes a long time but i can live with that.

Lvl 15 now. Exalted plains almost done. Yet to finish my specialization. Thinking of Champion(sword and board). Sounds good for the inquisitor too. Running around with Cass (2 handed templar) and Sera (Archer tempest) and one of the mages. Yet to use the KE of Viv. Templars are awesome for closing rifts. There was a bug in tempest i read but think they ironed it out in patch 1. Using flash of fire and thousand cuts(focus ability) on tempest never consumed focus. U could just keep on doing it. Too bad they removed it. Could have helped with dragons.

Btw anybody of you killed the dragon in exalted plains named Gamordan Stormrider? Looks scary.

I have started my playthrough. Playing as a elf archer. Level 4 now with level 3 companions. Just finished intro and maybe 1 quest. Came across some level8 dogs which we dispatched quickly. Planning to play inquisitor all time and let AI handle companions. How important is varrec ... i am planning to replace him asap.

I have started my playthrough. Playing as a elf archer. Level 4 now with level 3 companions. Just finished intro and maybe 1 quest. Came across some level8 dogs which we dispatched quickly. Planning to play inquisitor all time and let AI handle companions. How important is varrec ... i am planning to replace him asap.
I don't use Varric at all. I use Sera or Cole most of the time. He wont let his Bianca go and it way too underpowered. Need to search for schematics to upgrade it :(. And Sera is very funny to have around. Keeps taking digs at everybody else in the party all the time. Btw, since you are also a rogue, don't think you need another rogue in your party. I usually run with 1 - weapon and shield warrior(in my case inquisitor, for you tanks like Cassandra or Blackwall), 1 - 2 handed weapon warrior(I respeced my Cassandra for 2 handed, iron bull is 2 handed by default), 1 rogue (Sera for me as an archer tempest, Inquisitor for you) and 1 mage( depends on my whim, usually Dorian).

I don't use the inquisitor all the time. That way i can experience all the other classes. Dunno if i will play this game the second time, so experiencing the gameplay with different characters is good.

Ok, thanks you. Will try to get the bull into the squad as soon as i can. Cass as tank and bull as warrior, a mage and me as rogue. This is my squad plan. Planning to spec the mage in healing tree for keeping the team together. I will also try out other characters. Still getting used to pausing and issuing commands. I generally hate that kind of games.

Use the Inquisition perks. Important perks to unlock as soon as they are available:

- Deft hands
- The 3 perks that unlocks more dialogue options
- Extra potions
- Extra inventory slots

Gather everything, all herbs, metals, crafting materials etc. Purple weapons/armour are not that great, you will get better stuff almost always by crafting. Don't stay in Hinterlands for too long, move on to Storm Coast, Fallow Mire, Crestwood when you have sufficient power to unlock these areas. Do not sell all valuables before turning in items for Creature Research. They give you important stats and will be lost if you just press Sell All. This is a Bioware RPG, so talk to everyone. Talk to all companions whenever you return to Haven. Save often, usually before conversations, incase you get a huge disapproval rating and need to reload.

Use the Inquisition perks. Important perks to unlock as soon as they are available:

- Deft hands
- Extra potions
- Extra inventory slots

Gather everything, all herbs, metals, crafting materials etc. Purple weapons/armour are not that great, you will get better stuff almost always by crafting. Don't stay in Hinterlands for too long, move on to Storm Coast, Fallow Mire, Crestwood when you have sufficient power to unlock these areas. Do not sell all valuables before turning in items for Creature Research. They give you important stats and will be lost if you just press Sell All. This is a Bioware RPG, so talk to everyone. Talk to all companions whenever you return to Haven. Save often, usually before conversations, incase you get a huge disapproval rating and need to reload.
Deft hands need 4 points :(. I have unlocked inventory slots, focus and some others. Don't remember. Anyway to reset those? Where do i turn in items for creature research in skyhold. Never did that. Must have a lot of those items in inventory.

- Deft hands
- Extra potions
- Extra inventory slots

Deft hands need 4 points :(. I have unlocked inventory slots, focus and some others. Don't remember. Anyway to reset those? Where do i turn in items for creature research in skyhold. Never did that. Must have a lot of those items in inventory.

In Skyhold You have to go where Dorian is. There a 3-4 tables in that floor, one table will have Turn In Research label when you mouse over it. In Haven it is in Josephine's room.

What "plus" do you get when you turn in items for research. I turned in some stuff at josephine's room at Haven.
All I saw was text they got removed from inventory and nothing else.

You get different advantages like more resistance to a certain enemy type, bonus damage against certain enemies etc.

Killed all the 10 dragons. Sera with Tempest makes everything trivial.
Quite right. I have killed all dragons too. Level 23. More or less done with the game. Only the fight with Corypheus and some minor side quests left.

Sera more or less takes half HP from the dragon with full focus. Add to that my champion Inquisitor, the templar Cass and KE Viv, dragons become a non issue. The only dragon that toubled me a bit was the one in storm coast, vinsomer i think.

On a side note, really dissapointed with the loot in the game. I still get level 7 loot despite being level 23 :(.

If you use Sera's fire elixir and then Thousand Cuts it does not use any focus. My three other players were sitting on their asses while Sera tore apart the dragons all by herself. Yes the loot is very ordinary. I used to be excited when I got uniques, but once I got tier 3 schematics and masterwork materials I crafted everything and they were far better.

Btw, after you finish the game wait for the credits to end ;)

If you use Sera's fire elixir and then Thousand Cuts it does not use any focus. My three other players were sitting on their asses while Sera tore apart the dragons all by herself. Yes the loot is very ordinary. I used to be excited when I got uniques, but once I got tier 3 schematics and masterwork materials I crafted everything and they were far better.

Btw, after you finish the game wait for the credits to end ;)
I knew about that bug but didn't use it. That made it a tiny bit more interesting.

Meet victorious inquisitor -KHAL DROGO
ScreenshotWin32_0014_Final.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1419930067][/DOUBLEPOST]
ScreenshotWin32_0017_Final.jpg

Back