Car & Bike Driving licence to be cancelled for three red light jumps

I hope similar practices are observed for people driving with High beams within city limits, and zebra crossing violators.
Spitting has become a national hobby so i am not too hopeful on that.

Some start up should come up with a smart black box that can be installed in car/ bikes/ trucks etc. Vehicle shouldn't start without that chip license inserted in a slot. There should be rfid or something on traffic signals. If vehicles jump the traffic light, the black box should mark it on license. Vehicle should not start if person has too many such traffic violations. Similarly it can be extended to driving in wrong lane, speeding, etc.

Some start up should come up with a smart black box that can be installed in car/ bikes/ trucks etc. Vehicle shouldn't start without that chip license inserted in a slot. There should be rfid or something on traffic signals. If vehicles jump the traffic light, the black box should mark it on license. Vehicle should not start if person has too many such traffic violations. Similarly it can be extended to driving in wrong lane, speeding, etc.

Good initiative but practically impossible to implement in India. The only real option is make giving licences extremely strict and to increase fines exponentially so that people will think twice about breaking the law.

The fine for speeding is some 2500 pounds in London. We need similar types of fines here in India.

The fine for speeding is some 2500 pounds in London. We need similar types of fines here in India.

True.
Even more important than upping the penalty amount, police should be pressed into action on a regular basis than the usual end of the month checking, when they come out in droves to complete their chalaan target.

Regular checking will instill fear in the minds of the motorists. It is indeed a shame that to make people wear even the seatbelts, they have to be fined to make that a habit. Police personnels should have understood this long time back that the general psyche is like this and they need to be more regular and strict with fines.

People driving with high beams within city limits should be penalized heavily, and driving on the wrong side of the road just to save time should be made punishable by impounding the vehicle for X number of hours. Heck, turn their vehicles into a taxi for a day if the need be. Public humiliation seems to be one of the best measures to make people fall in line.

You mean like 'The Fifth Element'ish kinda stuff?

Anyways, let them stop having to tow away cars for any incorrect parking - instead fine them directly on the car number.

Those who drive rashly - along with all that, the insurance company should also be informed about the same.

Last edited:
this means nothing. sadly so.

In Bangalore same rule was imposed for black films on cars; it was no the lines of 100 rs first time, 500 second and third time license revoke.

What happened was that you can keep paying the cop and carry on. I still see black films on many cars.

Well the no drinking and driving campaign worked wonders. Friend was sloshed when he got caught. He offered the cop a Rs 5k bribe to let him go when Rs 500, 1k and 2k didn't move the cop but the cop told him he had to go to jail. 1 night in jail and his DL suspended for a month shook my friend so badly that he never again has gotten behind a wheel drunk.

Similarly I got caught 3 times for driving without a helmet and now I never leave my house without a helmet even if I travel 1 km.

So punishing people can get results but the cops need to be firm on this.

ROFl....I cant just stop laughing at this. "Driving licence to be cancelled for three red light jumps?"

If ever this rules gets applied in Pune, 85% puneites will break world record and will be seeing sitting at home with their dear vehicles.:wacky: :hilarious: and the city will look deserted as if theres some sort of curfew.

Now this post really made my day so far...:hilarious:

Back